Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swansong

Bro's

Just want to thank you all for your support - has been a bit of a rough year for contest prep, and think I may have thrown in the towel at various points had it not been for the board and your advice.It was reassuring to know that there were other guys out there, just as crazy, focused, and having similar promlems.

The show went well.I came in a lot lighter and tighter than origonally planned and won my weight class, but not the overall.Felt vindicated, after having to withdraw last year owing to a bad case of shingles about a week before the show.However I feel that this will be the last competition, and I will leave things to the younger dudes as it is getting too tough for me to get into condition.Nearly caused a divorce last year, and was not much better this year - I can still hear the wife's voice ringing in my ears,"I don't know why the hell you do this to yourself, starved to death and in a bad mood all the time".Only another bodybuilder will understand why we do it !

Bro's thanks again, it has been a hell of a ride that I could not have made without your support.

Congrats man, thats great you got the class, it just goes to show that you had what it took to win it, awsome.

I understand the part bout dedication, I put my wedding off til Feb, 05 so I can concentrate on this show coming up in December, this will be my first so I want nothing in my way except, training, eating and sleeping...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

I think you should continue to compete but trade the wife in on a newer, updated version. lol

Just kidding.... Sort of.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Skip, the thought has crossed my mind a dozen times - trade the damn old '67 for a '76, ttttt.

Bro, who knows with time? But right now I just cannot see myself getting back on stage.It is getting so hard to keep it up.As you know I have been "on" for over 4 years, without a break.Competed back in my mid 20's at the national level, then got into competitive powerlifting for about 13 years - my weight soared up into the low 300's.

Four years ago decided it was time to drop size and try the bodybuilding one last time.Lost 110 lbs in 5 months - before leveling out at about 225lbs and <9%bf.Competed this year a few pounds over 200, by the time I had dried out.Have made a shitload of mistakes in this venture, loosing too much muscle, too much cardio at times,staying too lean for too long etc.However it has been a lot of fun seeing what one can achieve with ones body through focus and dedication ...but shit I am just feeling too old and want to look like Lee Priest in the off season again - maybe there is method to his madness!

Anyhoo, bro's thanks for all your support ...this is a great board, and Skip is a class act...I need to head to BK for another cheeseburger, so long.

Comment

Congrats on the 1st placing!! That's great.

Can I ask how old you are?
          And if you love to do this so much, why let her get to you?
          Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
          Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
          www.TrueProtein.com
          *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian58
            Skip, the thought has crossed my mind a dozen times - trade the damn old '67 for a '76, ttttt.

Bro, who knows with time? But right now I just cannot see myself getting back on stage.It is getting so hard to keep it up.As you know I have been "on" for over 4 years, without a break.Competed back in my mid 20's at the national level, then got into competitive powerlifting for about 13 years - my weight soared up into the low 300's.

Four years ago decided it was time to drop size and try the bodybuilding one last time.Lost 110 lbs in 5 months - before leveling out at about 225lbs and <9%bf.Competed this year a few pounds over 200, by the time I had dried out.Have made a shitload of mistakes in this venture, loosing too much muscle, too much cardio at times,staying too lean for too long etc.However it has been a lot of fun seeing what one can achieve with ones body through focus and dedication ...but shit I am just feeling too old and want to look like Lee Priest in the off season again - maybe there is method to his madness!

Anyhoo, bro's thanks for all your support ...this is a great board, and Skip is a class act...I need to head to BK for another cheeseburger, so long.
            You are a good guy so I wish you well no matter what you do. I just always get my feathers ruffled when I hear that a spouse is not supportive when it comes to prepping or bodybuilding ESPECIALLY when bodybuilding/prepping was part of the package that the spouse married into. It troubles me and makes me think that this person cannot possibly be right for the other person. Now, I am not directly relating this theory or opinion to your situation specifically. Hell, maybe I am refering to my own situation, too. ; )

Bodybuilding and being successful at it takes a solid, consistent and unwavering support system, in my opinion. Not only to be successful in the sport itself but even more importantly to be able to prep without scaring off everyone you come into contact with including your kids. When you are getting shit on from your spouse for doing what you love, it can take it's toll on everyone around you. Believe me, I know. *sigh*

Sometimes, it doesn't even have to be a trade in. It can just be that you need to get rid of the high maintenance car and not replace it with anything for a while and just enjoy walking to wherever you want to go.

Just my opinion for what it's worth........

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
            Instagram: @intensemuscle
            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Thanks for the replies.Old habits die hard. It is 0400 am, usual gym time.The whole house is asleep ('67 and my two little boys) ...for the first time in two weeks
              I am getting the itch to handle some iron again.Have not stayed away like this in a long,long time.Shoot, we will see.

KR's lady :No problem at all about the age thing,I turn 42 in November.To be honest the 40 thing scared the tar out of me,he,he.However it has come ,gone, and I probably look a whole lot better than I did in my early thirties when I was powerlifting and weighed 318lbs! Remain as ugly as hell though.

To the secound part of your question, the answer is tougher and I think Skip might relate here.I hate turning this forum into,"Heartbreak Corner"...but I quess this is a problem that seems fairly common amoungst us.Before I married the hot blond (16 years ago she still was), who hates to sweat,"I don't like doing anything that makes me feel uncomfortable" - I should have given more thought to the impact my lifestyle would ultimately have on us.Now two children later (4 and 7 years old), things are more complex.I am not a terribly religious person, but am conservative and moralistic in certain senses.It is such a multi-faceted arguement, with no difinitive rights or wrongs - but personally I want to see things through for the sake of the children ...call me a fool - I guess the big question is, at what price? I seldom drink, smoke, never use recreational drugs, and have yet to have an affair ...the only real vices are about 90 minutes a day in the gym and different food choices.Will I give this up and be more "normal" ("you can do the South Beach Diet ", '67 tells me."and we can go walking together",yeah until we start sweating!), not sure that I can change something I have done for so many years.Jeez, like most bodybuilders, I am very disciplined, systematic and do not like change too much - anyone who has eaten chicken breasts and broccoli for 20 weeks understands this,tttt.Sorry KR's lady, I have digressed a whole lot and I cannot even blame an ECA stack for this.It is just tough not having support with an endeavour as challenging as this sport can be.People see you in the gym and think that 1.You are just big and tight because you are a freak that was born this way.2.It is just juice, and if they did the same they would look like this too.Hell, we know that it is neither of these two things - just plain bloody sweat, hard work, diet and discipline.I guess my point is that it would have been far smarter to have been married to a person who felt the same way about the physical aspect of life, than one who just sees this as "weird", and will not even speak about it.Makes things pretty solitary - next time around it will be a hard body who understands and enjoys working out (that is not fair, who enjoys it all the time?But hits the gym anyway, even when she does not feel like it).

Skip, hang tough bro.You are such an inspiration to many people.No BS platitudes from me about, shit always gets better etc.8 months of councelling, against my better judgemant, we still have good and bad days.I just try and take it 'one day at a time'.Who knows, maybe I will be walking pretty soon ...but right now I am seeing this marriage thing as a challenge...and I love a challenge!

Comment

Working...
              X