Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 shows 1 week apart

hey,
    I was wondering what you guys thought on this and what skip's thoughts were. I am competing in two shows MO state(chad nicholls show) and the Caveman, they are exactly one week apart. I was wondering if you had any suggestions on how to prep the last week or two. Pumped has been helpin me with my prep and diet. I was planning on peaking at the 2nd show and thought that if I get my depletion and carb up in order I could come in haevier and fuller at the 2nd show while being in the same condition. I know a lot will probably have to do with what I am lookin like at that point but I'm trying to think ahead here and get a game plan down. I thought that I would not run any diuretics the 1st show so I don't have a water rebound. I will cut my water out on friday sometime for the first show, and then sat when the show is over start pushing about 3 gallons a day and then start some aldactone on monday.
    thanks for the help bros

I would say the main thing is watch the water rebound, do you plan on having a post contest grub fest? DO NOT RUN DIURETICS FOR THE 1ST! That is a def. there is no way in hell you will keep the water off if you do. You will still have to watch water even if you dont do diuretics for first show....how to do that for you, I dont know your body like I know mine....sodium will play a big role in that water pick up post show 1 also
    Short mod @ www.beyondmass.com

Comment

Your ideas aren't bad, under the circumstances. By this I mean, I never like to send a client into a show that he is not peaking for. I know, the first show might not be all that important or maybe you can even walk out there and blow everyone away but I just don't see it like alot of other guys do. If I step on stage or a client steps on stage, I want them 100% dialed - not 98%, not 90%, etc..

Plus, 1 week is a bitch to do, between shows. 2 is ideal and 3 would be next in line and it goes down from there. You will be pretty tight provided your homework is done. If I were you and in this same situation, I would not run any diuretics for the first show, I wouldn't even deplete the last week before the first show. I would do everything as if it were 2 weeks out from a show and then drop my water all of a sudden on friday and let my condition ride for Saturday. On Sunday after the first show, start the aldactone and start depleting, if need be, and go all out on everything for the second show.

Just my opinion.......

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I thought something like that could be an option but was not sure about it. I thought depending on what I was lookin like I could just keep my diet constant through the first show like you said and then all out for the 2nd. I guess well see as we get closer, and I'll post some pics for you guys also. When I get a chance to take some new ones and also close to the shows. heres some pics when I first started dieting:
        http://worldwidemass.com/board/index.php?showtopic=336

these are from about close to 2 months ago.

Comment

just be ready for the second show 2 weeks out and you can cruse though the first show without a problem. that way all you have to do is get your water stright.

I still say do the second one and 86 the first. :p

Comment

What is the point of two shows (not a criticism, just a question).

Are you trying to get an NPC national qualification?... Which show will be the tougher?... Which one is most important to you.

I agree that if you're doin' two shows AND doing diuretics it'll be best to make the 2nd show the one that counts. In that case, what is the point of the first?... "Fun" is a great answer. Maybe for the trophy?... Just to have a 2nd chance at a NQ?... Experience on stage?...

If you're dead set on doing both and doing diuretics, I would go with the plan of just dropping water the Friday before the 1st (cruising through) and then going for broke for the 2nd one.

If not using diuretics, you can look great for both much more easily. This is how I do it. For my last show, to make weight, I had to strategize my carb-up and water depletion to make weight at 5PM on Friday. I basically did show prep. 4 weeks in a row wrt water (albeit my training was a bit different - I trained on a normal schedule b/c I couldn't get by with 4 weeks of carb-depletion workouts w/o any other training) and I was just fine (meaning it sucked everytime, but was survivable).

-Randy
            The Book Has Arrived!
            The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
            2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
            2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus
              What is the point of two shows (not a criticism, just a question).

Are you trying to get an NPC national qualification?... Which show will be the tougher?... Which one is most important to you.

I agree that if you're doin' two shows AND doing diuretics it'll be best to make the 2nd show the one that counts. In that case, what is the point of the first?... "Fun" is a great answer. Maybe for the trophy?... Just to have a 2nd chance at a NQ?... Experience on stage?...

If you're dead set on doing both and doing diuretics, I would go with the plan of just dropping water the Friday before the 1st (cruising through) and then going for broke for the 2nd one.

If not using diuretics, you can look great for both much more easily. This is how I do it. For my last show, to make weight, I had to strategize my carb-up and water depletion to make weight at 5PM on Friday. I basically did show prep. 4 weeks in a row wrt water (albeit my training was a bit different - I trained on a normal schedule b/c I couldn't get by with 4 weeks of carb-depletion workouts w/o any other training) and I was just fine (meaning it sucked everytime, but was survivable).

-Randy

Well I want to do both shows for experience and to re-qualify for nat. level shows. I would like to take a year off to improve after these shows and then like to do a national level show.

Comment

Hey Skip im doing the same thing Jim's doing...im doing 2 shows 1 weeks apart...i was not aware of the water rebound effect from diuretics...i was planning to take aldactone before the 1st show and before the 2nd show...Now i know i shouldnt, but please explain to me why not...can i get away with it or will the water get me either way??
                " A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men"

"Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who dont have dreams dont have much"

"if you're going through hell... keep going"

Comment

I feel it is a gamble to stay on diuretics for over 2 weeks and I am not sure that your body wouldn't adjust, somewhat, by the 2nd show. The first show is almost always less competitive when doing 2 shows in a row so I would just play it safe and peak for the 2nd one as that will be the one with the most competition, anyway.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                  Instagram: @intensemuscle
                  YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                  TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

i see...i was planning on taking 50mg aldactone on the friday of the 1st show and then another 50 on saturday morning...then i'd start again on aldactone the thursday of the 2nd show all the way thru sat....but now im stuck, i guess i'll try and dry out the best i can without diuretics for the 1st one..

pudge
                    " A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men"

"Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who dont have dreams dont have much"

"if you're going through hell... keep going"

Comment

Working...
                    X