Diruetics pre-comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diruetics pre-comp

Never used "real" diruetic before-just taraxatone-so I'm wondering if I can get an experienced opinion on aldactone/water/electrolyte protocol pre-contest-I'm 40 days out-248 dry in the am-expecting to be on stage at 238-240-Thank you
    Livin' for the pump

From peronsal experince the less the better. Aldactone is nice that it does not do any drastic like Lasix, but helps control aldactone levels which will cause water retention, and a lot of times stress increase aldactone levels, duno about you, but i find show stressful! Typical protocal is: am/pm dose starting 5 days out. I would suggest 25mg am and 25mg, unless you find you need to go to 50mg. It will rid body of sodium so water your don't get your electrolights too far out of balance.

Comment

My protocol is very similar to what Silver posted. You will notice that even though you are still pushing high volume of water, you will look tighter and much more dry even only one day into the aldactone use. Don't go to 50mg unless you need to. I used to use 50mg but I have seen no difference from dropping it back to 25mg both for myself and my clients.

I diazide is always nice to have on hand just in case you have to pull some water on Friday night or Saturday morning. It is relatively mild and the aldactone by itself will not pull water. In fact, aldactone is technically not a true diuretic for that very reason. The water loss is basically a side effect from aldactone not allowing the reabsorption of sodium. 1/2 to 1 tab of diazide will work well, if needed.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

YEah what skip says works wonders but it is a tricky game as I found the hard way...lol
        Short mod @ www.beyondmass.com

Comment

Originally posted by midwtchamp
          YEah what skip says works wonders but it is a tricky game as I found the hard way...lol

how so?

Comment

Originally posted by PUMPED
            how so?
            getting ready to make a post on it now....stay tuned for more from MId lol

Comment

Originally posted by midwtchamp
              The more you do it, the less tricky it will seem to you. Thing is, when you find something that works well with your water control, you stick with it - you do not want to go experimenting with water control. Carb loading and other shit you can get by with fucking up a little bit but if you don't have complete control of your water, you can look like shit and basically blow your prep.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
              Instagram: @intensemuscle
              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Skip
                The more you do it, the less tricky it will seem to you. Thing is, when you find something that works well with your water control, you stick with it - you do not want to go experimenting with water control. Carb loading and other shit you can get by with fucking up a little bit but if you don't have complete control of your water, you can look like shit and basically blow your prep.

Skip
                Amen to that....

Comment

Working...
                X