Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!

Ok so today is first day of diuretics and water loading for me....problem is I am already cramping!!! What the fugg can I do to get rid of this and not jeopardize anything...I know the pedialyte trick but I dont want to pull it out this early in game any other options?
    Mid
    Short mod @ www.beyondmass.com

I don't have any experience with these but, you should check out Paul Dillet's article "The Word" in this month's (April) MD mag. It's about the time he had to be rushed off the stage at the 94' Arnold to the hospital after taking too much diuretics. Apparently, the doctors said another 5 minutes and he'd have been dead. Made me think twice about this.

Comment

btw only doing 25mg aldactone 2 x daily 12 hrs apart....

Comment

are you keeping you sodium in? If not maybe add just a pinch of salt to your meal.

what about calcium and other vitamins?

Comment

Originally posted by PUMPED
          are you keeping you sodium in? If not maybe add just a pinch of salt to your meal.

doubled all multis including my addition C and E and actually adding a lil extra sodium to each meal....

Comment

wish i had some info for you here mid, but you are beyond me in the contest prep phase of this game.

let us know what works for you when you find the solution.
            "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Originally posted by PUMPED
              See, you skipped right over this mid and this is important.

Calcium 1g, Magnesium about 400mg. Usually taken before bed so that they don't get in the way of your other vitamins or supps.

This should be in your prep throughout. If everything else is good - water is high, sodium is not restricted, etc., this will work just fine unless you have to bump the dosage. If you do, take one dose a.m. one dose p.m.. It is very inexpensive, also.

Oh, and if it has zinc in it, that is fine, too.

You will be cramp free in a couple days.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
              Instagram: @intensemuscle
              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Potassium always helps me get rid of those cramps, I would try adding some, unless aldactone affects potassium levels?
                Eat it today, wear it tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by redrocks
                  Potassium always helps me get rid of those cramps, I would try adding some, unless aldactone affects potassium levels?
                  aldactone is a K sparing diuretic unlike diazide or lasik....I figured out my issues....it is the assimilation rate of my multis!!! gRRRR I had to triple them rather than double them....I am going to get some zinc and calcium tomorrow...although I have yet to see plain calcium supps.....

Comment

You do NOT add potassium when using aldactone. Not a good idea at all.

Calcium usually has at least magnesium with it but I have seen it often with nothing added to it, also.

I am not sure what you mean by assimilation rate. You are cramping for no other reason than your electrolytes are out of whack. You can bump your multis but it would behoove you to get the calcium and magnesium in there.

Just trying to help answer your question, bro.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

i agree......... i take and extra calcium also.. and a plain multi mineral.. bla bla bla...
                      RIP my friend -KidRok

Comment

Originally posted by dpsquat
                        i agree......... i take and extra calcium also.. and a plain multi mineral.. bla bla bla...
                        DP,

How much Potassium does your multimineral have?... How many of these a day?...

-Randy
                        The Book Has Arrived!
                        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

The assimilation rate is the amt. that body absorbs of a vitamin or mineral source. i.e. Centrum has a 2% assimilation rate basically your body will only use and take in 2% of what is in this. Pharm grade vitamins have a 98% assimilation rate. Hence the reason when I tripled my multi vit /mineral cramps went bye bye I was finally able to get enuff of the stuff I needed into my body. BTW this was all taught to me by a very smart nutritionist
                          Last edited by midwtchamp; 04-22-2004, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I understand what assimilation is you big dork. I was wondering what the hell you were saying as to why you thought this was the problem.

Skip

Comment

well

Originally posted by homonunculus
                              DP,

How much Potassium does your multimineral have?... How many of these a day?...

-Randy
                              i bet its more than yours...........LOL
                              RIP my friend -KidRok

Comment

Working...
                              X