X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Drinking Water is in a Sad State

Drinking Water
    http://askbillsardi.com/sdm.asp?pg=drinking_water

Water, water, everywhere, but none fit to drink.
    Less than 1 percent of the world's water is suitable for drinking. About 80 percent of the world's diseases are linked to impure water. Don't think modern man is immune from the effects of contaminated water. Chlorine, one of the most toxic chemicals on the planet, when added in small amounts to tap water, prevents the problem of typhoid and dysentery that still plague mankind in undeveloped populations. But chlorine produces its own by-products when combined with organic materials. These toxic chlorine by-products accumulate in organs like the kidneys or bladder that filter or store water. The result is an increased risk of bladder and kidney cancer. Some experts estimate more than 20,000 cases of these types of cancer occur annually from water chlorination. If you drink tap water, and you don't filter out the chlorine at the faucet, over the long haul you are exposing yourself to an avoidable health risk. This is not to mention the problem of cryptosporidium, a nasty parasite which cannot be killed by chlorine and which has contaminated various municipal water supplies, resulting in sickness and even death. Filter your tap water!

As for all that hype about distilled water, think again. Distilled water kills all the undesirable organisms, but it also removes essential minerals, not only required for taste, but also for health maintenance.

Tap water is softened by adding sodium, to replace calcium and magnesium, so we will not have scum on our bathtub and our skin after showering, so that our water heaters won't develop sediment, and so our dishwashers and clothes washers will produce sudsy water. So tap water is really designed for washing machines and water heaters, not humans!!

We pay the price for drinking soft water with high blood pressure --- a malady that strikes 50 million Americans. We have so over-loaded our canned foods and water with sodium that it is nearly impossible to reduce salt consumption below 3000-4000 milligrams per day. If Americans consumed less than 2300 milligrams of salt per day, hypertension would probably cease to exist. Filtering your water at the tap won't alter its mineral content. Distilled water has no sodium, but it doesn't have any of the electrolyte minerals, calcium and magnesium, that are so important for proper heart function and bone formation. Drinking water without calcium and magnesium is asking for problems like kidney stones, osteoporosis and even sudden death heart attack!

The best source of water is bottled spring water, that is, if you can find a bottled mineral water that is low in sodium, rich in magnesium, and balanced with calcium. That is really a difficult task, one that has led me on a worldwide search. To find out more, read my upcoming book IN PURSUIT OF THE WORLD'S BEST WATER.

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
    Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Less than 1 percent of the world's water is suitable for drinking.
    I'm in the lucky 1 percent,.... I live in Iceland and there is endless fresh water here, I just turn the sink on and get ice cold water and it costs nothing.

About 80 percent of the world's diseases are linked to impure water.
    Wow, pretty big statement here,........ but it makes sence.

If Americans consumed less than 2300 milligrams of salt per day, hypertension would probably cease to exist.
    Probably the single biggest piece of misinformation about sodium is that it causes high blood pressure. Sodium does not cause high blood pressure. If you have hypertension excessive sodium may aggravate it, but if you don't have hypertension sodium will not cause it. But that is no reason to eat salt like a candy,...too much salt intake may possibly disturb the delicate sodium/potassium ratio.
    Last edited by Egill; 10-10-2004, 09:19 PM.
    each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
    for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Interesting about the sodium...yes, the sodium/potassium ratio is fairly delicate.

So you are really in Iceland? What is it like over there??

I will have more about water soon....I just finished reading Dr. Kurt Donsbach's pamplet on water. Donsbach owns perhaps the most successful cancer clinics in the world...has one in Mexico, China, and Poland. His book about water is pretty damn scary.....
      Admin@ http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
      Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

So you are really in Iceland? What is it like over there??
        It's nice to live here,.... it's not as cold as it sounds, lol,..... the summers arent hot but the winter isn't really that cold either. I live in Reykjavik like the majority of the population here (~300.000 people live in Iceland).
        each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
        for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Interesting read, so are companies like ice mountain bottled water balanced?
          Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right
          person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose,
          and in the right way, that is not easy.
          -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Comment

Winnie-
            You would probably have to check with the manufacturer.....I would not trust a bottled water company that just puts "Spring Water" on their product....just too many crooked people around nowadays.

If you have an organic grocery store such as Good Foods around you can probably call them and get the skinny on what they have...they SEEM to be reputable....

I think Volvic is a pretty good company...and I know LeBleu was rated very high by consumers reports for being pure...but that won't mean it is balanced.

By mid week I will have Dr. Donsbach's info up about impurities in water....it is shocking to say the least....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSport
              Winnie-
              By mid week I will have Dr. Donsbach's info up about impurities in water....it is shocking to say the least....
              Sounds good, I'll look for that post!
              Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right
              person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose,
              and in the right way, that is not easy.
              -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Comment

Good read there....That is exactly why the casa de la heckman has filtered water coming in through all the faucets in the house....Ahhhh, good water!
                Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Heckman, that is a great idea. Pretty sad to see how our water is contaminated...

Comment

SS any update on exceptable bottled spring water?

Comment

why not drink just distilled water if it has nothing that harms you, and then get your magnesium and calcium from different sources, along with other vital minerals and nutrients?

Comment

The water I drink everyday is not free from chlorine. It drives me nuts. Everything is not safe these days

Comment

Interesting article--thanks for sharing

Comment

I wonder... do the Brita water filter containers do much to improve the quality of the water and make it healthier?
                            It takes work to get things done, but in reality not getting things done is a lot more painful. -Knickerbocker24

Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? Fuck you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit. -Jim Wendler

My 5/3/1 Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SMERIDITH View Post
                              SS any update on exceptable bottled spring water?
                              I just ( today) watched a documentary on bottled water ..on Netfix... called "Tapped" .. Vovic is owned by Nestle ..mountain spring is pepsie owned..
                              There is one person in the FDA that oversees bottled water...it is self regulated and tested.....so NONE are acceptable...
                              Do like Heckman ..plus is one less bottle in the waste system ( they don't breakdown for thousands of years)
                              A girl walks up to me and says" My God you're good looking!"
                              ME " I know"
                              Her"WHAT!"
                              Me " I know I am good looking"
                              Her" You're also and asshole"
                              ME " I know that too!"

Comment

Working...
                              X