• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i yotixon

Hello

Not bad at all!

Comment

Book

If you guys have not picked it up, "Driven to Distraction" is an excellent resource for ADD/ADHD.
      Driven To Distraction : Recognizing and Coping with Attention Deficit Disorder from Childhood Through Adulthood by Edward M. Hallowell and John J. Ratey

They are in the Boston area and have been working in this arena for a long time.

Marty

Comment

Reading is not my thing, but I try to pick up on things that relate to my sons problem with ADHD. I know my wife would read it, but not me. I have learned over the last several months, that video games work well with him, or vice versa. Seems like the action in those are fast enough for him. He can pla the hell out of the playstation and Wii.

We have been having some troubles lately with his medications though, the Focalin he was on (18mg) gave him headaches and the more he took it, the sooner it wore off. Then we got him on 27mg and he was too out of it, we didn't like the effect that had on him. He is now on a 2.5 mg chewable, the works well immedialtely, but wears off by lunch, so it has started affecting his schooling.

It's not a very fun thing to watch a child who literally can not control himself.

Comment

Last edited by deadlift1979; 01-28-2012, 04:27 AM.

Comment

i was diagnosed with adhd when i was a kid, now the symptoms are gone. curious isnt it?

Comment

Working...
            X