No announcement yet.

Knee wraps vs. Sleeves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For more than you probably ever wanted to know...

youtube.com /watch?v=igFGrJK6I_c

Comment

I use "white crusher" knee sleeves. They come in 1 ply, 2 ply, and 3 ply. I like them a lot, and prefer them hands down over any wraps I've used.
      My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

I ended up settling on Kono knee sleeves. I like them so far. Haven't noticed any instant strength gains from it. Unless you consider being able to lift a little more due to confidence in stability as a strength increase.

Comment

Bauerfeind knee sleeves were everything I ever wanted.

http://www.amazon.com/Bauerfeind-Kne.../dp/B0053VE7VY

They provide the warmth and compression to make my knee feel like its warmed up just minutes after putting them on, but they are also great for preventative use. I know if I go on long hikes (3-6 hours), one or both of my knees may start to hurt around the 2 hour mark. Sometimes they make it the 6 hours fine, but if I wear these sleeves from the start, then I have no pain throughout the day. I can also sprint full speed in these, which is an added bonus. Don't get me wrong, though. They do have a snug, supportive fit. Just not as thick and supportive as the Rehband Sleeves.

I have the Rehband Knee Sleeves as well and they are great for more specific uses like Squats, Deadlifts, etc.

If I was deciding between sleeves for a high intensity set of squats, I would choose the Rehbands.

If I was deciding between sleeves for a workout that includes squats, lunges, and maybe some time on a stair climber at the end of the workout, then I would go with the Bauerfinds.

They are easily everything I ever looked for in knee sleeves. I've gone through using Inzer's wraps as well and hated the feel of wraps during a lift. Felt like they were allowing me to do more weight they I could safely maintain proper form with.
          "If people were 1/10th as worried about the rest of their meals as they were about the post workout shake, there would be a hell of a lot more people looking like bodybuilders. "
          -Trop

Comment

Working...
          X