Massage, how often?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massage, how often?

I'm a big believer in getting deep tissue massage to prevent injury. I used to have it done every 2 weeks, but I recently moved to an area where massage therapy is more expensive, and I can't afford to do it as often. For those who get deep tissue massage done regularly, how long do you go between sessions?

I would love to get a DTM every couple weeks but like you, I can't afford it. I was getting reg messages while I was prepping for my last show (2010) and I felt it really helped with the recovery aspect of things.
    "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
    2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
    2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
    2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
    2002 NPC Western Carolina:
    2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
      I would love to get a DTM every couple weeks but like you, I can't afford it. I was getting reg messages while I was prepping for my last show (2010) and I felt it really helped with the recovery aspect of things.
      Do you still get it done at all?

Comment

Every 2 weeks works for me too not only financially but I find if I go more often it's much more painful.

Maybe that's a good thing and I means my fascia are getting stretched out more but I'm a puss and would like to get some enjoyment out of it !

Comment

Originally posted by SDMF View Post
          Do you still get it done at all?
          Haven't had it done since the show. Now a days if I want one I gotta get the wife to do it. Not that I have any issue with that. Because they always end happy!!!
          "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
          2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
          2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
          2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
          2002 NPC Western Carolina:
          2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

I've always done massage therapy sessions on my off days. Does anyone do theirs right after training? Which is more beneficial?

Comment

I have had great recovery and less DOMS using the Rumble Roller and a wife who digs her elbows into my traps and back on the few spots I can't get deep enough with the RR. She oddly enough seems to enjoy my screams and moans of pain when she digs in deep with the old elbow...23 years of marriage does that to a person I guess. ;-) Seriously though, get a Rumble Roller or PVC pipe.
              "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

Originally posted by MaxNat View Post
                I have had great recovery and less DOMS using the Rumble Roller and a wife who digs her elbows into my traps and back on the few spots I can't get deep enough with the RR. She oddly enough seems to enjoy my screams and moans of pain when she digs in deep with the old elbow...23 years of marriage does that to a person I guess. ;-) Seriously though, get a Rumble Roller or PVC pipe.
                Do you have the original (blue) or extra firm (black) Rumble Roller?

Comment

The extra firm, black, longer one.

Comment

So, is it alright to do massage therapy immediately after training?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxNat View Post
                      The extra firm, black, longer one.
                      Best out-of-context quote ever.
                      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                      kind of a douche

Comment

Happy ending?
                        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                          Best out-of-context quote ever.
                          I have to admit, as I posted that, I knew someone (Samimich) would find humor in it!

Comment

To expand... the extra firm, longer, black one really gets in there deep and hurts for awhile, but feels better when you finish. LOL!

Comment

I go a min. of every other week but I prefer every week if I have the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X