--------------------------------------

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
      - Sniffy54

"Consistency can take you a long way"
      - Homonunculus

Comment

Hi all,

I think this is just what I need. I've bought the psyllium husks and am going to work my way up to 2 teaspoons x 3 times a day over the next week starting gradually. I've bought activated charcoal tabs (200mg each) and a herbal powder as I've had hell trying to find the tabs.

My question is regarding dosages, since taking 2 tabs a day doesnt mean much if the tablets have different potencies.

My charcoal tabs are 200mg each, so is the two in the morning two in the evening right? The rec. dosage is 1-4 tables 3 times a day.

The herbal powder has the following active ingredients per gram:

500mg senna leaf dry
        250mg Rhamnus Catharticus (Buckthorne) Bark Dry
        80mg Psyllium husk powder (bit of double up here but minimal amount)
        50mg Psyllium seed dry
        40mg Aniseed powder
        40mg Fennel seed powder
        10mg Liquorice root powder
        10mg Uva Ursi Leaf powder
        10mg Irish moss (sounds tasty) whole plant powder
        10mg agar

baring in mind 1000mg/g and 5g is a heaped teaspoon, what sort of dosage would be similar to the capsules heckman and dells have spoken off? If you can even note the ingredients of the capsules I would be happy to figure it out.

Hoping for some input as I've got weapons grade methane which needs subdueing.
        Last edited by jrv; 11-23-2006, 09:52 PM.
        TP discount code ENR214 -

Comment

jrv...don't worry about 3 times a day for the psyllium husk right now. Only take that morning and night for right now...Charcoal is good at 2 in the morning and 2 at night with the husk..take all 3 products together...
          what is the recommended dose for the herbal powder? Since the ingredients in the herbal powder are different, its always good to stay on the side of caution when first starting out and use what they recommend and upping it from there.
          Hope this helps....keep us posted..
          Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

re:

Thanks Heckman.

The reccomended dosage for the powder is 3g (1 flat teaspoon) each night before bed, so what I'll start with is probably 1/2 a teaspoon in morning and evening and go from there. Do you have by any chance the ingredients and their amounts for the capsules you have used?

Either way I'll definitely report back. I think this has been long overdue, and if it works out nicely i'll owe you and dells big time.

Comment

i've been @ it for about 48-60 hours and i'm already feeling a start of a cleanout. feels nice to know you are emptying yourself out
              To save 5% on your TrueProtein.com purchase, use discount code: DAS235

- Sniffy54

- Homonunculus

Comment

Originally posted by jrv
                Thanks Heckman.

Do you have by any chance the ingredients and their amounts for the capsules you have used?

Either way I'll definitely report back. I think this has been long overdue, and if it works out nicely i'll owe you and dells big time.
                First off, you don't owe us anything but the satisfaction of knowing that this has helped you. Please ask for help is you hit any snags...
                Here are the ingredients in the tabs I use:

Sienna (Leaf), Buckthorn (bark), Peppermint ( Leaf) Sea Vegetation Powder,( 7 types ) Licorice ( root) Cascara Sagrada ( bark) Fennel Seed, Rhubarb (root) Anise (seed) Chamomile (flower) Blue Malva (flower)Citris Rind and Ginger (root) The total blend of these is 543 mgs. I do not have the individual breakdowns, but could probably get it from the company.

Each of these ingredients helps support healthy elimination. Some herbal tabs may differ in ingredients, but add to the over all process of the cleanse.

Comment

Cheers for the info, looks like my powder covers alot of those so hopefully it will do the job. Started 24 hours ago (already taken one large movement, the charcoal also really helps with gas straight away) and will check in after a few days with progress.

Comment

bump - floaters rule.

- Sniffy54

- Homonunculus

Comment

is EVERYONE andANYONE supposed to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sentinel
                        is EVERYONE andANYONE supposed to do this?
                        Everyone and anyone who has a colon..

Comment

Heckman, how about a link to the herbal pills, charcoal, and fibre supps you are using.
                          www.TrueProtein.com
                          www.TrueProteinCanada.com
                          KEE774 Use this code and save $$$
                          TeamSKIP Blend

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman
                            Everyone and anyone who has a colon..
                            ok thanks for simplifying things....

Comment

update: i have been using this for 2 weeks or so and things seem to be moving great. Everytime I take a dump I flush the toilet with a big smile on my face cuz I am so proud.
                              Troponin Nutritionist

I get my supplements where elite athletes get theirs --TrueProtein.com Use the discount code BSB538 to save 5%

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easto
                                Heckman, how about a link to the herbal pills, charcoal, and fibre supps you are using.
                                Jason Pegg posted some links earlier in this thread that feature the same stuff i use, although one key ingredient in the herbal tabs that was missing was senna leaf, so i bought some NOW brand senna for about $7. i think w/ shipping it is around $40-45

- Sniffy54

- Homonunculus

Comment

Working...
                                X