Hartford Meet Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartford Meet Results

My 2 training partners here had a meet this past Sunday, they both did very well. I just started training with these guys 4-5 weeks ago so the hardest thing for the coach in me to do was to not give immediate feedback on things like technique. Changing things that close to a meet is usually a bad idea. I gave them some feedback if they asked how something looked but kept it pretty limited. Now that the meet is over I am really looking forward to both of them hitting even bigger PR's once we correct some things

220 Male, raw

Squat- 475, 30 lb PR
    Bench- 300, 15 lb PR
    Deadlift- 450
    Total- 1225, 75 lb PR

275 Male, single ply

Squat- 575, 15 lb PR
    Bench- 575, 15 lb PR
    Deadlift- 475, 5 lb PR
    Total- 1625, 75 lb PR

They both did awesome and hit a plethora of PR's, it was a great time
    "You need never feel broken again"

Congrats to both! I had to do a double take on the second one... Squat 575, Bench 575... it is not often you see a squat and bench with the same number. ;-) Pretty strong bench, even for equipped.
    "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

Congrats to both of them!
      2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
      2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
      2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
      2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
      2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
      2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Thank you much

Today they thanked me for my energy on meet day and said it was infectious. That made my week

MaxNat, yeah he did bench only for years and has only been squatting for a couple years. He is also built to bench with nice short arms. We will push both numbers well over 600. First thing I need him to do is to perfect and dial in his squat set up, he is all over the place
        "You need never feel broken again"

Comment

Originally posted by MaxNat View Post
          Congrats to both! I had to do a double take on the second one... Squat 575, Bench 575... it is not often you see a squat and bench with the same number. ;-) Pretty strong bench, even for equipped.
          Equipped powerlifting gets into some crazy ratios. :peep:

There's a well-known multi-ply lifter who benches well over 800 but still can't pull over 600. :flush:
          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
          kind of a douche

Comment

You're a great coach Bob.

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
            Equipped powerlifting gets into some crazy ratios. :peep:

There's a well-known multi-ply lifter who benches well over 800 but still can't pull over 600. :flush:
            That's because the bionic robot suit isn't helping as much. lol

Comment

congratulations!
              The promotion of the training methods used by drug-assisted and genetically giften men wreaks havoc, despite these men being presented as demigods in the bodybuilding world. Sure they have inspired millions, but at the same time they have misled millions; and their "intruction" has robbed millions of people of the best training years of their lives.
              -Stuart McRobert

Comment

Working...
              X