Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deadlift for reps meet; explode or pace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlift for reps meet; explode or pace?

Donnie Thompson is putting on a deadlift for reps meet at his gym on July 19th.

Deadlift your bodyweight for max reps. After rep # 25, you can either take a shot of whiskey or eat a Krispy Kreme dougnut. I don't believe that the reps are timed.

Question: If you can do 50+ reps, is it better to explode every rep from the beginning, or is it better to be relatively controlled in the beginning so that you do not quickly exhaust yourself?

Consider this scenario and how you might answer it, as I believe it to be similar....
    You are going to run as far as you can with your bodyweight added to your back. If you know you can run at least a mile, is it better to take off in a sprint or to start off at a slow, controlled pace?
    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Thank you for the input Macho Man, good point; I will blast from the first rep.

Comment

Originally posted by btech View Post
        That is actually the opposite of what I was thinking, hahaha
        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

LOLOL...

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
          Consider this scenario and how you might answer it, as I believe it to be similar....
          You are going to run as far as you can with your bodyweight added to your back. If you know you can run at least a mile, is it better to take off in a sprint or to start off at a slow, controlled pace?
          Nice, well said...btech should understand now...

...uhhhh
          Max Muscle
          5020 Katella Ave.
          Los Alamitos, CA 90720
          www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Hows is going guys am new to the forum and new to lifting am after a little advice on diet/ supplements? Any idea what works at the moment its breakfast lunch snack dinner snack bed

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stephennn1 View Post
              Hows is going guys am new to the forum and new to lifting am after a little advice on diet/ supplements? Any idea what works at the moment its breakfast lunch snack dinner snack bed

Sounds like a good start
              2010 NPC North Star

Comment

I'll practice pacing it tomorrow, meet isn't until next week, I appreciate the help!

Comment

Cheers macho how dose ur diet go

Comment

Donnie Thompson is putting on a deadlift for reps meet at his gym on July 19th.

Deadlift your bodyweight for max reps. After rep # 25, you can either take a shot of whiskey or eat a Krispy Kreme dougnut. I don't believe that the reps are timed.

Question: If you can do 50+ reps, is it better to explode every rep from the beginning, or is it better to be relatively controlled in the beginning so that you do not quickly exhaust yourself?
                    As I understand it you have to do 25 reps, then eat doughnut or shot of whiskey, THEN you have 1 min to do as many reps as possible.

If the first 25 aren't timed, I would do them semi leisurely. I would still be explosive, but I wouldn't just bang out all 25 reps at once. Probably in sets of 5. After I got 25, and took the min break, I would bust them out pretty fast in that min time frame.

Comment

Working...
                    X