Sout Carolina SPF Powerlifting Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sout Carolina SPF Powerlifting Championships

Hey Guys, I've been busy with work but wanted to give a quick update. All My vids are on facebook for those of you who are friends with me.

I was going to cut to 198, started at 224 and made it to 205 before I decided it just wasn't worth the aggravation so I weighed in at 205.2.

Squats

Opener 550 Smoke show, very easy

2nd 600 No Good, I cut the depth short but it went up fast

3rd Good retook 600 and should have gone for the 630 submasters record, it was super fast. This was a 20lb PR

Bench

Opener 325 Good, Easy

2nd 350 Good, good speed

3rd 375 No Good, 3/4 of the way up I hit a wall and couldn't finish

*First time in 18 months I've been able to bench in a meet without pain

Deadlift

Opener 525 Good, fast

2nd 575 Good, 20lb PR and moved pretty smooth

3rd 600 No Good, got it to my knees and gassed

My First lift was at 1130 and the last DL attempt was at 1900 so it was a very long day with 80 full power lifters. EXMGQ was there and he wrapped my knees and another guy Dallas from IA's and his wife competed as well. I ended with a 43lb PR on my total, was hoping for the 1605 I had planned on and would have given me the best lightweight lifter, most of the big numbers were geared or 242 and up and my flights were mostly geared or 275lbers and up.

Congrats man... I'm glad you could bench without pain... Looks like you did very well setting a pr on everything that's what's up
    I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
    I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
      Congrats man... I'm glad you could bench without pain... Looks like you did very well setting a pr on everything that's what's up
      Yes sir, thank you, going to take the rest of this year off and work with a PL'ing coach to put together a 1700+ total @ 198 next year. I need some time to get stronger and lean out a bit more, although not fat by any means, I'd like to stay in the 8-10% range. If I do compete it'll be at record breakers in November.

Comment

I've no doubt you'll get it done bro!
        I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
        I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Congrats on the PR's!
          2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
          2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
          2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
          2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
          2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
          2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
            Congrats on the PR's!
            Thank you, going to work hard to qualify for Raw Unity with a meet in November. Need a [email protected] to do so which is 175lbs in my total so lots of work to do in 7 months

Comment

Congrats Robb! Great to see you hit some PRs! It has to feel good to know you continue to get better....
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                Congrats Robb! Great to see you hit some PRs! It has to feel good to know you continue to get better....
                Thanks Kris, left a lot out there

Comment

Great job and congrats on the PR Robb...and glad to hear about the benching without pain.

-s
                  "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Nice work Robb!
                    #docswholift
                    PGY-1 FM
                    "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by slide View Post
                      Great job and congrats on the PR Robb...and glad to hear about the benching without pain.

-s
                      Originally posted by nexa View Post
                      Nice work Robb!
                      Thank you, stay tuned for november

Comment

What's going on in November?
                        2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                          What's going on in November?
                          Record breakers where I'm trying to qualify for RUM VIII with 1700+ @198

Comment

Originally posted by RobbHensel View Post
                            Record breakers where I'm trying to qualify for RUM VIII with 1700+ @198
                            What / Where are the Qualifying Meets? I could qualify in the 148 lbs class with the new QT's.
                            2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                              What / Where are the Qualifying Meets? I could qualify in the 148 lbs class with the new QT's.
                              Well, here it is for VII

http://www.rawunitymeet.com/RUM-VII-...ng-Totals.html
                              #docswholift
                              PGY-1 FM
                              "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Working...
                              X