Goals for 2014?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goals for 2014?

What's up guys how have you all been? Just wanted to get the conversation going of everyone's goals this year and how you will achieve it?

Mine are:

Squat - 675 ( I broke my fibula and squatted 315 x 10 for the first time in over 6 months, so this may not be feasible)

Bench - 475 ( I hit 435 yesterday with a pause but bench climbs slow for me so 40 pounds would be awesome)

Dead - 766 ( I hit 695 today with no problem and just started dead lifting again after my broken fibula)

I'm going to do a modified 531. With main emphasis on getting legs back up with big but boring for squats. Heavy tricep work for pressing days and ghr improvements for dead lift lock outs! I'll do other stuff but feel I need to work these the hardest. Side goal I want to hit 4 plates on weighted dips for 10 and 2 plates on weighted pull ups for 10.

Hope all is well guys and happy training!!
    "BBing should be a lifetime pursuit or are you are missing the point . Make that in your plans from the very begining .Take it as far as you wish [ and genetics will allow ] , but don't miss what bbing is suposed to be about .Or you really will be missing out ....." - IABADMAN

Use JSB982 as your discount code at trueprotein.com and recieve 5% discount on all orders.

http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/entries/bsform.pdf = link to strongman comp augest 8th in norfolk, va

Good luck with your goals MM
    "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
    2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
    2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
    2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
    2002 NPC Western Carolina:
    2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Taking this whole year to build quality muscle. Not going to compete in 2014. I love bring a good showing for a light heavy class in 2015. I competed this year at middle weight. Just think I was too tall for it. Ive been working with Skip for little over a year now and gonna work through the next, So I Will get there.
      I have found iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me. It never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength, Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, its impossible to turn back, the iron never lies to you.

Comment

Hit a 2000lb total and squat 700. Hoping that I can do it at my July meet, but the way things have been going, might be a little far fetched. As long as I PR on all 3 lifts at each meet I do, I'll be happy, even if it's only 5lbs on each.
        IG - smadayjr
        YouTube -https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCWxyEfQCp1TVn6C7XO-lQ6g

Comment

I not only bought a dayplanner for 2014, but also a desk calendar.

March 22 - USPA Meet

June 12 - Boards

June 17 - Boards

I'd like to hit at least a 280 squat in March, but I know with sleep and stress that might be a bit much. If I can also not screw up my bench at the meet I'll take the 5 lb PR.

I'm also not changing anything to my diet until next summer and sure as hell am not eliminating anything.
          #docswholift
          PGY-1 FM
          "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

500lb raw bench. Shooting for at least 475 at my meet in April and we shall see what happens after that...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
            Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

Right now my team has 4 Elite lifters. I want to add a minimum of 2 more lifters to this list in 2014. A couple of these lifters have an outside chance at a Pro total so that will be a far reaching goal for 2014.

To keep my lifters as healthy as possible

To increase my training business both online and in person. Along with this I want to finally build a website where I can post stuff like before/after pictures, PR numbers, competition results, etc
              "You need never feel broken again"

Comment

Realistically I wanna do the following:
                600 Squat
                400 Bench
                650 dead

Far fetched goals:

Originally posted by MilitaryMuscle View Post

Squat - 675

Bench - 475

Dead - 766
                Really good numbers already. Best of luck. What is your bodyweight?
                Originally posted by Uncxrt View Post
                Hit a 2000lb total and squat 700. Hoping that I can do it at my July meet, but the way things have been going, might be a little far fetched. As long as I PR on all 3 lifts at each meet I do, I'll be happy, even if it's only 5lbs on each.
                Stop being a negative Nancy.
                Originally posted by nexa View Post

I'd like to hit at least a 280 squat in March, but I know with sleep and stress that might be a bit much. If I can also not screw up my bench at the meet I'll take the 5 lb PR.
                I think you'll do both. I know how frustrating the bench thing is..Believe me..lol
                Originally posted by 53greystreet View Post
                Right now my team has 4 Elite lifters. I want to add a minimum of 2 more lifters to this list in 2014. A couple of these lifters have an outside chance at a Pro total so that will be a far reaching goal for 2014.

To keep my lifters as healthy as possible

To increase my training business both online and in person. Along with this I want to finally build a website where I can post stuff like before/after pictures, PR numbers, competition results, etc
                Great goals Bob. I wish you the best of luck accomplishing them in 2014, you deserve it. Sucks you aren't closer.

Comment

Great goals guys.

@ Imprezivr6 - I float between 250-255 on average. Truth be told I havent gotten much stronger or at all in the last 3 years. I did a lot of stuff to get where im at in my job and my primary focus wasnt on training. I kinda of went in there and did whatever and maintained really well and probably added a good amount of size in the process but strength gains didn't move too much. My all time PR deadlift outside a meet was 805 (lil strongman hitch ) So this year I would love to work on getting some pretty sick numbers back, I feel all healed up to. My leg was sorta bothering me on squats, so i still have to watch that, who would have though a lilttle ole fibula could take me out for 10 weeks now! Basically to wrap this whole post up, I put in very moderate numbers to work back towards so I am atleast setting a goal, which I havent done in the past few years lol
                  "BBing should be a lifetime pursuit or are you are missing the point . Make that in your plans from the very begining .Take it as far as you wish [ and genetics will allow ] , but don't miss what bbing is suposed to be about .Or you really will be missing out ....." - IABADMAN

Use JSB982 as your discount code at trueprotein.com and recieve 5% discount on all orders.

http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/entries/bsform.pdf = link to strongman comp augest 8th in norfolk, va

Comment

Hey MM-

Great see you posting outside of training how's life been treating you?
                    '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                    17 AAU Super Total
                    '16-AAU Hi
                    '15-USPA Metro
                    '15-USPA State
                    '15-AAU HI
                    '14-AAU HI
                    '14-USPA Metro
                    '14-WABDL Sonny's
                    '14-USPA State
                    '14-HI Strongman
                    '13-USPA
                    '13-WABDL Sonny's
                    '13-USPA State
                    '13-AAU HI
                    '11-USPA Metro
                    '10-NPC Stingrey
                    '09-NPC Islands
                    '09-NPC Stingrey
                    '09-ABA Islands
                    '02-ABA Islands
                    '02-ABA IronWorks
                    '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                    '01-ABA Olympia
                    '01-ABA Islands
                    '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                    '00-INBF Musclefest
                    '98-NGA Ill
                    '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
                      Hey MM-

Great see you posting outside of training how's life been treating you?
                      Hey Trucelt!

Been doing awesome man, I just got promoted and ended up going to officer route, so I'm in it for the long haul now! Im up in Rhode Island right now for a little while, so hopefully I can check out Derrick Poundstones gym while I'm up here, would be cool to try some implements.

How have you been? I still see your at it hard in the gym.

Comment

I'm shooting for [email protected] in April and continuing to improve weak points for my next show in April 2015.

Comment

Main goals: (all in the USAPL 198 Raw division)
                          Squat-455
                          Bench-315
                          Deadlift-545 (if I cut down to 181 for a push pull meet) or 600 at 198
                          Total- 1300+
                          Defend my title at the 2014 USAPL MI State Championships
                          -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
                          -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
                          198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
                          -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
                          198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
                          -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
                          198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

Feb- Warrior Dash
                            March- Spartan Sprint
                            April- USPA State Championship
                            July- WABDL Sonny's Push/Pull
                            August- AAU Raw Nationals

Bench-330/Squat 415/Dead 440

theres one more goal (training) that i havent yet fully committed to, I will make a decision in the next 72 hours
                            '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                            17 AAU Super Total
                            '16-AAU Hi
                            '15-USPA Metro
                            '15-USPA State
                            '15-AAU HI
                            '14-AAU HI
                            '14-USPA Metro
                            '14-WABDL Sonny's
                            '14-USPA State
                            '14-HI Strongman
                            '13-USPA
                            '13-WABDL Sonny's
                            '13-USPA State
                            '13-AAU HI
                            '11-USPA Metro
                            '10-NPC Stingrey
                            '09-NPC Islands
                            '09-NPC Stingrey
                            '09-ABA Islands
                            '02-ABA Islands
                            '02-ABA IronWorks
                            '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                            '01-ABA Olympia
                            '01-ABA Islands
                            '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                            '00-INBF Musclefest
                            '98-NGA Ill
                            '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

I have a lot of personal and professional goals.

As far as training goes,
                              I would like to (F' That, I WILL) hit a 1300 total at 181. Gotta drop this added baggage I put on.....haha
                              2005 HOA Natural Classic
                              2006 OCB Midwest
                              2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                              2008 HOA Natural Classic
                              NPC Mid-Illinois
                              NPC Midwest Open
                              NPC Natural Grand Prix
                              2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                              USPA Illinois State
                              NGA Heart of America
                              NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Working...
                              X