No announcement yet.

Powerlifting Section changes READ THIS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerlifting Section changes READ THIS!

Fellas,
    There are going to be some changes to the powerlifting section coming down the pipe. We are excited to bring out all the knowledge, experience and camaraderie that many of the lifters have here and showcase it making the IM powerlifting section one of highlights of the board. And let's face it, there are a ton of great forums catering to bodybuilding. But aside from Elite and PowerliftingWatch what else is there for powerlifters?! They are great resources but they aren't even forums! There are no great, active boards! So what's stopping us from making IntenseMuscle the premiere forum to bring in big name lifters and exchange cutting edge ideas?! NOTHING! So this thread is to talk about some of the upcoming ideas and get feedback from you guys!

Stickies
    These have already been cleaned up. There will also be new ones created focusing initially on form instruction and demonstration along with program outlines of popular basic programs.

Pound clubs or Powerlifting competitor
    Two ideas have been kicked around... First the possibility of a colored "IM Powerlifter" user name to be earned by those that have stepped on the platform. This could be instead of or in addition to "pound clubs". Basically under your user name would be a "Raw/Equipped 1000/1500/2000lb club member". The exact process has not been decided but there would essentially be a video submission process to gain verification by a moderator. It hasn't been decided if it would be competition lifts only or gym lifts also. But basically it would be a way to let everyone see you walk the walk strength wise.

Virtual meet
    Again this one has not been hammered out in full by any means. We want to gauge interest in putting on a "virtual meet". Classes and rules would be announced. You would have to verify your bodyweight and the date of lifts before submitting attempts via video. "Judging" would occur and placings given. As of now it would just be for fun. But if we get enough interest we could make it more regimented, market it on social media and perhaps get prizes.

That's it for now. There are a few other things being worked on and kicked around but we wanted some feedback from you guys. So lets hear it!!

And get out of those journals and get in here posting your thoughts, questions, concerns, ideas...ANYTHING powerlifting related!!
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Cool ideas. I like the idea of certain clubs and designation. The 400 stickies kinda made the sub-forum less interesting and did not catch the eye. Excited for the changes.
    2005 HOA Natural Classic
    2006 OCB Midwest
    2007 ABA Natural Illinois
    2008 HOA Natural Classic
    NPC Mid-Illinois
    NPC Midwest Open
    NPC Natural Grand Prix
    2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
    USPA Illinois State
    NGA Heart of America
    NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

bump

Comment

Look forward to it. Where I will be...good ideas just have you thought about how to get the word out there?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
        Journey to PL'ing http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...d=1#post408541

Comment

Originally posted by jholman4 View Post
          Look forward to it. Where I will be...good ideas just have you thought about how to get the word out there?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
          Obviously social media but any other ideas are welcomed. Hoping to play off of SKIP's new affiliation with EliteFTS. I know people post a the wannabe site but we have a great group of competitors here. Fresh ideas are what we are looking for. When my shows over I'll get into this stuff deeper I'm just pressed for time now.

Comment

Oh wow, this gon be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
              Fellas,

Pound clubs or Powerlifting competitor
              Two ideas have been kicked around... First the possibility of a colored "IM Powerlifter" user name to be earned by those that have stepped on the platform. This could be instead of or in addition to "pound clubs". Basically under your user name would be a "Raw/Equipped 1000/1500/2000lb club member". The exact process has not been decided but there would essentially be a video submission process to gain verification by a moderator. It hasn't been decided if it would be competition lifts only or gym lifts also. But basically it would be a way to let everyone see you walk the walk strength wise.
              *ahem*

Those all sound like some really great ideas. Hopefully there's a virtual meet sometime around winter break?!

If there was vote, I'd go with just competition lifts.
              #docswholift
              PGY-1 FM
              "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

As a PL, I like all of those ideas. As you mentioned, there really isn't any PL boards out there. Having Elite and other places for articles is great, but being able to have discussions with others is an unbelievable resource.
                IG - smadayjr
                YouTube -https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCWxyEfQCp1TVn6C7XO-lQ6g

Comment

I like the Powerlifting competior tag. ...I think the raw/multi pounds club will become too cumbersome. If add PL tag would we add a bb'ing and sm tag?

I think anybody who's a 3-sport athlete in the iron game is BAD-ASS...
                  '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                  17 AAU Super Total
                  '16-AAU Hi
                  '15-USPA Metro
                  '15-USPA State
                  '15-AAU HI
                  '14-AAU HI
                  '14-USPA Metro
                  '14-WABDL Sonny's
                  '14-USPA State
                  '14-HI Strongman
                  '13-USPA
                  '13-WABDL Sonny's
                  '13-USPA State
                  '13-AAU HI
                  '11-USPA Metro
                  '10-NPC Stingrey
                  '09-NPC Islands
                  '09-NPC Stingrey
                  '09-ABA Islands
                  '02-ABA Islands
                  '02-ABA IronWorks
                  '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                  '01-ABA Olympia
                  '01-ABA Islands
                  '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                  '00-INBF Musclefest
                  '98-NGA Ill
                  '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

All good ideas!
                    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Awesome ideas, Adam. Hope to see them implemented soon, especially the powerlifter tag.

Personally I've competed, and I'm working towards a 1500. Off by a hundred pounds and change but I have a ton of room to grow right now regarding #s.

Comment

i like the virtual comp PL, no stepping on stage for me! just a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by drcrappants View Post
                          i like the virtual comp PL, no stepping on stage for me! just a hobby.
                          It's a hobby for 99.9% of powerlifters that compete. Check out my thread on doing your first meet... http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49128

Great feedback so far! Keep it up and give us any other ideas you have!

Friend me on Facebook... Adam Banotai and message me you IM screenname. I am going to try and share some links to IM for different things and it would be great if everyone reshared and kept getting the word out.

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post
                            *ahem*

Those all sound like some really great ideas. Hopefully there's a virtual meet sometime around winter break?!

If there was vote, I'd go with just competition lifts.
                            Nexa,
                            The only problem I see with using competition lifts only for the virtual meet is people could be submitting lifts they did months ago. It would be nice to give say a 5 day period for people to film and prove the date of filming. Then submit to the virtual meet.

When is winter break?

Comment

All sounds good to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X