USPA Beast of the Northeast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USPA Beast of the Northeast

Long story short for those that don't read my journal...

I hit both my bench attempts and realized during deadlift warm ups that my belt was stolen from my bag at the gym sometime in the last week. I frantically drove to the gym and searched for it and found other stuff of mine that I keep in my bag in the power room laying out and no belt. I freaked out on the owner/meet director as there have been theft issues ranging from 25lb plates to someone elses belt to water. The gym is 24hrs with a key code to main gym and key lock to the power room. 8-10 people keep there bags there and I was just as mad at myself for being trusting and leaving my bag in there. I will leave it in my trunk from now on. I tried to borrow a belt but was mentally not into it at all and the belts I tried were too loose. I had no desire to pull beltless so I withdrew.

Anyway, opened with a 341 bench and got a 352 second before passing on my third.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n-ij1fZhZU&feature=share&list=UUWP4b-RT8cbUon5k65z_Row[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK6U8K3nu_Y&feature=share&list=UUWP4b-RT8cbUon5k65z_Row[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by Adam2433; 07-28-2013, 10:11 AM.
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Shit, nice job, especially for being so distracted.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Good work. 341 looked really easy.

Did you at any point consider just pulling beltless? Just for the fuck of it? If nothing else could have set yourself a nice beltless PR..

I actually thought about at my next meet opening with a 500 squat, completely raw(no belt, wraps,etc) just as kind of a personal goal, to do it in competition.

Comment

Awesome pressing ya freak. Really sucks about the belt. Your arch looked solid too.
        2005 HOA Natural Classic
        2006 OCB Midwest
        2007 ABA Natural Illinois
        2008 HOA Natural Classic
        NPC Mid-Illinois
        NPC Midwest Open
        NPC Natural Grand Prix
        2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
        USPA Illinois State
        NGA Heart of America
        NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Nice benching man, that is strong as hell

Total horseshit someone stealing a belt. Someone is actually walking out with 25 lb plates? What the fuck is wrong with people

DTA
          "You need never feel broken again"

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
            Long story short for those that don't read my journal...

I hit both my bench attempts and realized during deadlift warm ups that my belt was stolen from my bag at the gym sometime in the last week. I frantically drove to the gym and searched for it and found other stuff of mine that I keep in my bag in the power room laying out and no belt. I freaked out on the owner/meet director as there have been theft issues ranging from 25lb plates to someone elses belt to water. The gym is 24hrs with a key code to main gym and key lock to the power room. 8-10 people keep there bags there and I was just as mad at myself for being trusting and leaving my bag in there. I will leave it in my trunk from now on. I tried to borrow a belt but was mentally not into it at all and the belts I tried were too loose. I had no desire to pull beltless so I withdrew.
            Pulling beltless means nothing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 53greystreet View Post
              Nice benching man, that is strong as hell

Total horseshit someone stealing a belt. Someone is actually walking out with 25 lb plates? What the fuck is wrong with people

DTA
              Believe it or not yes... And not just 1 or 2. There were 6-8 brand new 25s taken. Pretty pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                Pulling beltless means nothing to me.
                Got ya.

Guess I am just too stubborn, and competitive to not lift for something like that.

You did the smart thing though. I would probably get hurt, and feel like an asshole..lol
                Last edited by Imprezivr6; 07-28-2013, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                  Shit, nice job, especially for being so distracted.
                  Seriously, this.

I'd be running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Good job!
                  #docswholift
                  PGY-1 FM
                  "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

That 341 was Solid Adam. Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post
                      Seriously, this.

I'd be running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Good job!
                      I agree. Way to focus in. Bench looked good. Nice work!

Comment

Good benching Marine !

Time for the next meet.
                        "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Working...
                        X