Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

deadlift sticking point right below knees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deadlift sticking point right below knees?

Ive been struggling with this sticking point for some time now. It happens about an inch below my knees. Everything flies off the floor but then its like I hit a brick wall. I don't have a video of my pull right now but will get one up soon. I pull conventional and my best gym lift is 525 @ 205 (I weight 220 now though). Looking for some suggestions to work on for this. Both form wise and weakness wise. I know without a video this post is about useless but just wanted to get it going. One thing I have noticed is when I hit my sticking point I seem to shoot my knees forward and shift the weight into my quads. This same thing happens to me on squat. I assume its just a general weakness of the posterior chain but any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.

One weird thing that I have noticed, and I have no idea if this has any significance or not, is that I can pull just as much from a 2-3 inch deficit as I can regular.

Anymore info that you need please let me know and I will provide it. I have access to quite the extensive powerlifting gym so any specialty stuff you may suggest is pry ok.

Thanks

Without a video it is hard to suggest a cause. I would bet it is a form/leverage issue.

I know when I stick there it is because my shoulders get out in front of the bar. As long as I can stay back, I am good.

With your description of it happening on squats as well it sounds like you need to try and get back more on your heals. Try lifting your big toe up in your shoes.

Again without a video it is hard to give you suggestions on how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Imprezivr6 View Post
      Without a video it is hard to suggest a cause. I would bet it is a form/leverage issue.

I know when I stick there it is because my shoulders get out in front of the bar. As long as I can stay back, I am good.

With your description of it happening on squats as well it sounds like you need to try and get back more on your heals. Try lifting your big toe up in your shoes.

^ agree with all this
      Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Are you getting forward on your toes? If so the big toe idea is a fantastic one that Imprez posted.

I will offer more details once the video is up
        "You need never feel broken again"

Comment

Originally posted by Imprezivr6 View Post

Agree here

Comment

Working...
          X