SPF Urban Strength and Fitness Invitational 4/27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPF Urban Strength and Fitness Invitational 4/27

Myself and my training partners attended this meet yesterday. It was a first meet for 2 of us. What a great first meet experience. All 3 of us were lifting raw in an otherwise gear dominant meet so that was kind of strange for me, as I would have liked to have more raw guys to kind of push me, but at the end of the day I was there to set some PR's for myself.

Since I have quite a bit of experience with weight manipulation/cutting I decided to cut to the 198's. I made it very easily(from about 210), and weighed in at 197.

Squat opener was set at 463lb. 3 whites, good lift. Went to 507(iirc) on my second, real easy, 3 whites. On my third we decided to get aggressive and take 540. 3 whites. Think I still had a bit more in me.

My bench was shit yesterday. But oh well. Opened with 347, which I got. I jumped to 375 which I have done multiple times in training with a pause. First one I mis-grooved it. About half way up the bar dropped a bit, but I reversed it. At that point IMO they should have grabbed it rather then let me struggle. I spent a lot of energy right there.

Tried again, form was spot on this time, but just could not lock it out.

My deadlift opener was 502. I destroyed it. Felt like they forgot to load the bar. I jumped to 550 which was my meet goal. Took it and it felt like cake. I was really surprised.

I started doing the math on what was needed for an elite total at 198(1471) and I needed a 583 deadlift. I made the decision to just go for it. I pretty much said "fuck it. I want 1471 or nothing".

I opted for 584. Got focused, dug deep, and gave it hell. Good lift.

Ended the meet with 1471.59 heh

My other training partner, who also was competing in his first meet, ended up totaling 1804 or something..LOL Remarkable performance.
    Think he went:

I gotta say Bob(53grey) really deserves a ton of credit. That guy is committed to his lifters like no one else. I am not even sure how the hell he juggles all of that. I didn't see him take a break the entire day, unreal dedication.

Great work yesterday man. Everything you do for your team shows, and I am sure those guys(and gal) greatly appreciate you. Your team looked great out there. I think you need to move to the East Valley..LOL

You kicked ass man, really awesome meet, especially being your first. Bigger PR's to come. Steve did awesome as well

Thank you for the kind words. I always tell people on my team that if they commit to my team, they will receive 10x the commitment back from me. Although it was an up and down day or us, I am very proud of all of them.
    "You need never feel broken again"

Comment

Originally posted by 53greystreet View Post
      You kicked ass man, really awesome meet, especially being your first. Bigger PR's to come. Steve did awesome as well

Thank you for the kind words. I always tell people on my team that if they commit to my team, they will receive 10x the commitment back from me. Although it was an up and down day or us, I am very proud of all of them.
      Thanks man! I appreciate it. I am disappointed in my bench performance, mostly because I know I am better than that. But I am not going to make excuses or complain too much..lol

It is funny because everyone talks about being super tired, and a zombie afterward. I was so excited, and amped up that it took me forever to unwind..lol

ps. I need to get comfortable with a monolift. Walking it out is just ridiculous. On my squat opener they forgot to throw the safety straps over the top, and I hit them at the bottom. Luckily I made the lift, because I would have been pissed if I missed it because of that.

Couple videos.

3rd attempt squat 540:
      [YOUTUBE]RrNUwkKJ388[/YOUTUBE]

First attempt DL(502)
      [YOUTUBE]rMbj9WwOdTI[/YOUTUBE]

Second attempt(550)
      [YOUTUBE]B9Afgl6DXKs[/YOUTUBE]

Third(584) I really think I might have had 600 in me this day.
      [YOUTUBE]_hO3Zb5ng5U[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Working...
      X