PL Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PL Equipment

So tomorrow I had planned to order a belt, some wrist wraps and a slingshot. I was looking at the EFS leather 2 prong belt and the least stiff wraps.

Would these be a good place to start for a guy that's NEVER worn a belt or wraps?
    You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

I have that belt and like it a lot. Some people don't like double prong but I find them more secure than single prong. The belt broke in quickly and has zero signs of wear in over a year and a half.
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

I don't have the EFS belt, but I do love my double prong.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
      2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
      2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
      2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
      2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

I use a lever belt and really like it, also use the Slingshot the way 53grey recommends and think its awesome
        '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
        17 AAU Super Total
        '16-AAU Hi
        '15-USPA Metro
        '15-USPA State
        '15-AAU HI
        '14-AAU HI
        '14-USPA Metro
        '14-WABDL Sonny's
        '14-USPA State
        '14-HI Strongman
        '13-USPA
        '13-WABDL Sonny's
        '13-USPA State
        '13-AAU HI
        '11-USPA Metro
        '10-NPC Stingrey
        '09-NPC Islands
        '09-NPC Stingrey
        '09-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA IronWorks
        '01-NPC Paradise Cup
        '01-ABA Olympia
        '01-ABA Islands
        '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
        '00-INBF Musclefest
        '98-NGA Ill
        '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
          I use a lever belt and really like it, also use the Slingshot the way 53grey recommends and think its awesome
          How's that? I've not seen the recommendation.

Comment

I also recently purchased the Inzer Forever bodybuilding tapered lever belt.. Love it so far. But I am far from a power lifter.
            I
            Last edited by 13B-T; 03-03-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
              So tomorrow I had planned to order a belt, some wrist wraps and a slingshot. I was looking at the EFS leather 2 prong belt and the least stiff wraps.

Would these be a good place to start for a guy that's NEVER worn a belt or wraps?
              Get the 99 dollar belt. I went the econ route, and wished I spent more money.
              I have a single prong though, and I think I would prefer it over a 2 prong.

The belt and the wraps will both take getting used to, if you have never worn them before. Also get 2.5 meters, 2.0 will be too small for you.

Comment

here you go Angryquilt:

For Slingshot work

I will give an example if you are using the 3/5/1 rotation with the singles on the "3" day and the "5/3/1" day

Week 1, after your 3x3 and a couple of heavier singles put the slingshot on, add 25 lbs to your heaviest single of the day and hit a double, then add another 25 lbs and hit a single

Week 2, if feeling really good after your 3x5, maybe do 1-2 more sets of 5 with the slingshot either at the same weight or a little over, not looking for much overload this week as we get that during weeks 1 and 3

Week 3, after your 5/3/1 work and a couple of heavier singles do the same as week 1. Add 25 lbs to your heaviest single that day and do a double with the slingshot, then add another 25 lbs to that and do a single

Week 4, you may do your deload sets with the slingshot on if you are really beat up, stick with the same weights as you would if training raw, this will make them insanely but that is the point of the de-load

My raw lifters have had great success using this overload method. I wouldn't necessarily use this method every week of every cycle. During a 14 week meet prep my raw lifters will usually use this overload method 4-6 times with most of them being closer to the meet
                '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                17 AAU Super Total
                '16-AAU Hi
                '15-USPA Metro
                '15-USPA State
                '15-AAU HI
                '14-AAU HI
                '14-USPA Metro
                '14-WABDL Sonny's
                '14-USPA State
                '14-HI Strongman
                '13-USPA
                '13-WABDL Sonny's
                '13-USPA State
                '13-AAU HI
                '11-USPA Metro
                '10-NPC Stingrey
                '09-NPC Islands
                '09-NPC Stingrey
                '09-ABA Islands
                '02-ABA Islands
                '02-ABA IronWorks
                '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                '01-ABA Olympia
                '01-ABA Islands
                '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                '00-INBF Musclefest
                '98-NGA Ill
                '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by -AJA14- View Post
                  Get the 99 dollar belt. I went the econ route, and wished I spent more money.
                  I have a single prong though, and I think I would prefer it over a 2 prong.

The belt and the wraps will both take getting used to, if you have never worn them before. Also get 2.5 meters, 2.0 will be too small for you.
                  Here's the belt I was considering

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=114&pid=5653

And the wrist wraps

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=114&pid=3018

Those kosher for a guy new to equipment?

Comment

here you go Angryquilt:

For Slingshot work

I will give an example if you are using the 3/5/1 rotation with the singles on the "3" day and the "5/3/1" day

Week 1, after your 3x3 and a couple of heavier singles put the slingshot on, add 25 lbs to your heaviest single of the day and hit a double, then add another 25 lbs and hit a single

Week 2, if feeling really good after your 3x5, maybe do 1-2 more sets of 5 with the slingshot either at the same weight or a little over, not looking for much overload this week as we get that during weeks 1 and 3

Week 3, after your 5/3/1 work and a couple of heavier singles do the same as week 1. Add 25 lbs to your heaviest single that day and do a double with the slingshot, then add another 25 lbs to that and do a single

Week 4, you may do your deload sets with the slingshot on if you are really beat up, stick with the same weights as you would if training raw, this will make them insanely but that is the point of the de-load

My raw lifters have had great success using this overload method. I wouldn't necessarily use this method every week of every cycle. During a 14 week meet prep my raw lifters will usually use this overload method 4-6 times with most of them being closer to the meet
                    Awesome! Thanks for digging that up!

Now I need a fucking training partner...

Comment

Here's the belt I was considering

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=114&pid=5653

And the wrist wraps

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=114&pid=3018

Those kosher for a guy new to equipment?
                      Aren't you going to get Knee wraps also?

Yes, get that belt, but it is a single prong. Sometimes they have it on special for 99.

Comment

Originally posted by -AJA14- View Post
                        Aren't you going to get Knee wraps also?

Yes, get that belt, but it is a single prong. Sometimes they have it on special for 99.
                        I don't think so..are they necessary?

Honestly, of what I have listed, the only thing I see an immediate need for are the wrist wraps. I can feel my wrists start to "roll" a bit at 350+, and if I'm going to try overload work, I don't want to die.

I guess I'm getting a belt because frankly I don't see PL'ers hit the platform without them. I've never even put one on...do I NEED a belt?

Comment

The inzer forever lever?

And it comes in pink, which would be perfect for rage.

It shipped faster than stated on the website.

I thought the wifey and kid were doing the meet with you?
                          #docswholift
                          PGY-1 FM
                          "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post
                            The inzer forever lever?

And it comes in pink, which would be perfect for rage.

It shipped faster than stated on the website.

I thought the wifey and kid were doing the meet with you?
                            I'd rock a pink belt. I'm secure.

They're doing the AAU meet in July. I just decided to do this because I've been dancing around it so long.

Do a meet, figure out how/where to improve.

Comment

I don't think so..are they necessary?

Honestly, of what I have listed, the only thing I see an immediate need for are the wrist wraps. I can feel my wrists start to "roll" a bit at 350+, and if I'm going to try overload work, I don't want to die.

I guess I'm getting a belt because frankly I don't see PL'ers hit the platform without them. I've never even put one on...do I NEED a belt?
                              I think it is all individual. If you think you need it, then get it. A belt will help, on deads and squats. Because you can feel your core tighten better. I don't think yo really Need anything, but they are nice to have. I guess when you squat 500 or more knee wraps would help. But 53 or sammich could tell you better than I could. I am still a noob.

Comment

Working...
                              X