Knee Wraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee Wraps

Anyone have any experience with either Titan THP, APT Strangulator or APT Convict knee wraps?

I am looking to buy my first set, and will use them to compete in. Would appreciate any insight. I lift raw if that matters.

Any other suggestions are welcomed as well.

I'll be your huckleberry.

APT WAS good quality, but do NOT order from them anymore. They have completely gone to hell.

You usually don't want to use your competition wraps too much so that they maintain their stiffness. I have an old squishy pair from APT that I use normally, and a pair of Krait knee wraps from EFS that I use for comps. If you get a super stiff pair to use in comp, I would get another pair made out of Titan's Titanium material, which is more elastic and squishy.

Oh, and since you lift raw, you might not want the HYPER stiff material, which basically puts a cast on your joint. That's really only good for equipped lifting. Raw lifters usually need a little more squish and rebound out of the material.

Squish.

Squish, squishy squish.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

I know I emailed you about the wraps but I will post here as well

APT convicts are absolutely the best wraps I have ever used for anything but as Sammich said, APT is pretty much gone, can't get these wraps anymore. Which is kind of a blessing for me as they are wicked hard for me to wrap my lifters with, my hands cramp like crazy using the Convicts hahaha. Especially when I have 4-6 lifters to wrap in the same flight.

So I would suggest EFS Krait, Titan THP and Ken Anderson KLA-2000, going with 2.5 meters in length as only 1 fed to my knowledge allows 3 meters so 2.5 will be more versatile.

Also as Sammich mentioned the Krait and THP will be more cast like. The KLA-2000 are more bouncy. Typically a raw lifter will want to go with the more bouncy wrap. I have one raw lifter who uses KLA-2000 and loves them and another raw lifter who uses the EFS Krait and loves them. To really wrap the Kraits nice and to get the most effect out of them, you need someone to wrap them for you as you really need to pull on them. I have Krait wrist wraps and love them
      "You need never feel broken again"

Comment

hey most orgs that have a Raw category have had a rules change and allow knee SLEEVES but not knee WRAPS so you had better double check with the fed....

USPA and AAU raw do not allow wraps or anything with velcro, just one piece sleeves...
        '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
        17 AAU Super Total
        '16-AAU Hi
        '15-USPA Metro
        '15-USPA State
        '15-AAU HI
        '14-AAU HI
        '14-USPA Metro
        '14-WABDL Sonny's
        '14-USPA State
        '14-HI Strongman
        '13-USPA
        '13-WABDL Sonny's
        '13-USPA State
        '13-AAU HI
        '11-USPA Metro
        '10-NPC Stingrey
        '09-NPC Islands
        '09-NPC Stingrey
        '09-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA IronWorks
        '01-NPC Paradise Cup
        '01-ABA Olympia
        '01-ABA Islands
        '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
        '00-INBF Musclefest
        '98-NGA Ill
        '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
          hey most orgs that have a Raw category have had a rules change and allow knee SLEEVES but not knee WRAPS so you had better double check with the fed....

USPA and AAU raw do not allow wraps or anything with velcro, just one piece sleeves...
          This is a great point. While a lot of rules are very similar across the feds, this one seems to be very different in each one, hahaha

You can of course still lift with wraps only, but it is put into the equipped lifting category

The Urban Strength Meet is SPF which allows wraps for raw division

Don't worry though, when Imprezivr6 visits my gym for training I will be tempting him with briefs and a suit, the first taste is free, and the downward spiral will begin. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :evil:

Comment

You all don't like the Inzer ones?

Comment

Originally posted by -AJA14- View Post
              You all don't like the Inzer ones?
              Never tried em, actually. I've only used APT, Titan, and EFS stuff.
              kind of a douche

Comment

The material of the inzer wraps is about 20 years old and WAY behind all the other companies. As someone who wraps a ton of knees I love their gripper wraps because they are easier on my hands. The rubber on them makes them stay, yes but the wrap material itself is way behind the times and doesn't even compare to the newer stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                  I'll be your huckleberry.

APT WAS good quality, but do NOT order from them anymore. They have completely gone to hell.

You usually don't want to use your competition wraps too much so that they maintain their stiffness. I have an old squishy pair from APT that I use normally, and a pair of Krait knee wraps from EFS that I use for comps. If you get a super stiff pair to use in comp, I would get another pair made out of Titan's Titanium material, which is more elastic and squishy.

Oh, and since you lift raw, you might not want the HYPER stiff material, which basically puts a cast on your joint. That's really only good for equipped lifting. Raw lifters usually need a little more squish and rebound out of the material.

Squish.

Squish, squishy squish.
                  Thanks for the info.

I actually emailed APT earlier today and they got right back to me. Said the convicts and "strangulator" are instock. Does this mean that I will order them and never get them? lol
                  Originally posted by 53greystreet View Post
                  I know I emailed you about the wraps but I will post here as well

APT convicts are absolutely the best wraps I have ever used for anything but as Sammich said, APT is pretty much gone, can't get these wraps anymore. Which is kind of a blessing for me as they are wicked hard for me to wrap my lifters with, my hands cramp like crazy using the Convicts hahaha. Especially when I have 4-6 lifters to wrap in the same flight.

So I would suggest EFS Krait, Titan THP and Ken Anderson KLA-2000, going with 2.5 meters in length as only 1 fed to my knowledge allows 3 meters so 2.5 will be more versatile.

Also as Sammich mentioned the Krait and THP will be more cast like. The KLA-2000 are more bouncy. Typically a raw lifter will want to go with the more bouncy wrap. I have one raw lifter who uses KLA-2000 and loves them and another raw lifter who uses the EFS Krait and loves them. To really wrap the Kraits nice and to get the most effect out of them, you need someone to wrap them for you as you really need to pull on them. I have Krait wrist wraps and love them
                  Thanks for all your help. It is much appreciated.

I had planned to get 2 pairs anyway, so maybe get the THP, and the KLA? That will give me a variety.

I had emailed Ken Anderson this morning and he suggested these.
                  http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/...wraps-2.5m.htm

Originally posted by trucelt View Post

The fed I am looking at(SPF) allows wraps.
                  Originally posted by 53greystreet View Post

Don't worry though, when Imprezivr6 visits my gym for training I will be tempting him with briefs and a suit, the first taste is free, and the downward spiral will begin. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :evil:
                  haha. I was just talking to my one training partner tonight and told him I had no interest in equipped lifting, but who knows.

We built a 2.5" box to do deficit deads from.

Comment

Originally posted by Imprezivr6 View Post
                    Thanks for the info.

I actually emailed APT earlier today and they got right back to me. Said the convicts and "strangulator" are instock. Does this mean that I will order them and never get them? lol
                    Bump for this. How'd it work out? What was the problem with APT anyway?
                    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                      Bump for this. How'd it work out? What was the problem with APT anyway?
                      I dunno what the problem was. I ordered the strangulator knee and wrist wraps and love them. Both came in 3 days from placing my order. I have a few sets of different wrist/knee wraps(titan THP, KLA200, slingshot wrist wraps, inzer wrist wraps) and they are my favorite for both.

Comment

Originally posted by Imprezivr6 View Post
                        Thanks for the info.

Most likely, yes.
                        kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                          Most likely, yes.
                          Didn't he just post, he already got them in 3 days?

Comment

Working...
                          X