Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should my briefs be choking my thighs?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • should my briefs be choking my thighs?

    Man... im about ready to give up on trying to wear gear..

    I got Inzer power pants after the Champion suit was just unbearable, with the suit I couldnt hit parallel even with weight on my back and the seam of the thigh was so tight my legs lost circulation

    so I sent the champion suit back and just got the power pants, up TWO SIZES... and once again same thing... I can get them on, but the seam of the thigh is like a vice grip, its painful to wear... the rest of the thigh seems OK but the seam is just riduclously tight... and the part that covers the stomach/lower back is so loose I can put my hands in it

    maybe I just need to wear it a few times?
    is this how its supposed to fit? I have very little experience

    It just is so tight on the seam that runs mid-thigh that I cannot use my normal form or Range of motion.

    looking for some guidance here... I lose $10 everytime i have to ship back to Mr. Inzer

  • #2
    I have no experience with PowerPants but all briefs I have used were always very tight in the thigh. If they were loose enough to slide right on and off they wouldn't be able to provide the desired support.

    How is the fit in the hips? This is most important. You say the stomach/low back is very loose. That isn't a problem if the hips are appropriately snug/tight. If the hips are good there then you get deflate a basketball, slide it into the leg openings and reinflate it to stretch the openings some.

    Some pain and discomfort is just a part of it especially until broken in. And again, while I have no experience with PowerPants and based on your avatar do not know what you are looking to get out of the briefs, the lack of ability to get proper depth without weight or with minimal weight is not a bad thing and in fact desired in some instances.
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

    Comment


    • #3
      If you have BBer thighs (which it certainly looks like you do), then you'll need to get custom-fitted gear or alter it somehow. Like Adam said, try wetting the legs and inflating some basketballs in them overnight. That should stretch the legs somewhat. The fit is supposed to be very snug in the thighs and very tight around the hips (and preferably snug in the waist as well, for support).
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

      Comment


      • #4
        Like Adam & Sammich suggested, basketballs always worked well for me.

        Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
        True Protein
        The best protein at the best price
        Use my code twn359 for a 5% discount

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sammich View Post
          If you have BBer thighs (which it certainly looks like you do), then you'll need to get custom-fitted gear or alter it somehow. Like Adam said, try wetting the legs and inflating some basketballs in them overnight. That should stretch the legs somewhat. The fit is supposed to be very snug in the thighs and very tight around the hips (and preferably snug in the waist as well, for support).
          How can one get custom fitted gear?

          I'm in the Chicago area by the way.


          I would pay good $$ for some gear that fits because Im really disappointed thu far.

          And I do feel like my hip/quad ratio is pretty drastic from the bodybuilding and having naturally a very small waist/hips

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
            I have no experience with PowerPants but all briefs I have used were always very tight in the thigh. If they were loose enough to slide right on and off they wouldn't be able to provide the desired support.

            How is the fit in the hips? This is most important. You say the stomach/low back is very loose. That isn't a problem if the hips are appropriately snug/tight. If the hips are good there then you get deflate a basketball, slide it into the leg openings and reinflate it to stretch the openings some.

            Some pain and discomfort is just a part of it especially until broken in. And again, while I have no experience with PowerPants and based on your avatar do not know what you are looking to get out of the briefs, the lack of ability to get proper depth without weight or with minimal weight is not a bad thing and in fact desired in some instances.
            The hips are snug it's the belly that's loose

            I'll try the basketball thing because I don't want to waste any more $ on shipping :/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dalvare1 View Post
              How can one get custom fitted gear?

              I'm in the Chicago area by the way.


              I would pay good $$ for some gear that fits because Im really disappointed thu far.

              And I do feel like my hip/quad ratio is pretty drastic from the bodybuilding and having naturally a very small waist/hips
              Well, unless you're using gear much more substantial than power pants, it might not be worth your money to pay for it. I don't know much about getting gear altered since I've never had it done, but I do know you can order custom gear that is based on your measurements from any of the big suppliers, specifically Titan. If you're interested in that, I'd suggest looking at http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/ If you talk with them they can tell you if the stuff you're thinking of getting would need to be altered or not.

              Originally posted by dalvare1 View Post
              The hips are snug it's the belly that's loose

              I'll try the basketball thing because I don't want to waste any more $ on shipping :/
              Yeah, that might well work. Keep in mind that the single ply material will also stretch out like a MFer with time and use.
              Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
              kind of a douche

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dalvare1 View Post
                The hips are snug it's the belly that's loose

                I'll try the basketball thing because I don't want to waste any more $ on shipping :/
                The hips are what is important. Unless you're on the Matt Rhodes diet I don't think the waist/stomach will be tight nor is it necessary. Remember you have to fit your hips through that opening so if it was measured to be snug around your waist/belly there is no way you'd fit your hips in.

                Sounds like you'll be good with the thighs stretched some.
                Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

                Comment


                • #9
                  Cool thanks guys, I'll stretch these out and wear them a few times and see what happens

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dalvare1 View Post
                    How can one get custom fitted gear?

                    I'm in the Chicago area by the way.


                    I would pay good $$ for some gear that fits because Im really disappointed thu far.

                    And I do feel like my hip/quad ratio is pretty drastic from the bodybuilding and having naturally a very small waist/hips

                    Buy Metal gear, any Metal brief you get will be a million times better than Inzer power pants. The only briefs that Inzer makes that are worth anything are the Predators, which a lot of people love. I personally did not like them at all.

                    Metal briefs will be tight if sized properly but not so over bearing. Our squat sessions typically run 3-4 hours and we will be in gear for 1-2 straight hours. Powerlifting gear should not really be comfortable but the Metal gear has a certain comfort factor that the others do not have.

                    I am sorry if I missed this in the original post but are you wearing briefs for competition or simply for the hip support in training? Let me know this plus what your max squat and years of training are and I can make a suggestion on what briefs I would put you in.

                    Also the best route for custom gear is to get the needed size of whatever Metal brief you end up going with to fit your leg, then if you need the hips taken in you can send them to Ginny Phillips for custom alterations. She does amazing work and gets thread directly from Metal
                    "You need never feel broken again"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 53greystreet View Post
                      Buy Metal gear, any Metal brief you get will be a million times better than Inzer power pants. The only briefs that Inzer makes that are worth anything are the Predators, which a lot of people love. I personally did not like them at all.

                      Metal briefs will be tight if sized properly but not so over bearing. Our squat sessions typically run 3-4 hours and we will be in gear for 1-2 straight hours. Powerlifting gear should not really be comfortable but the Metal gear has a certain comfort factor that the others do not have.

                      I am sorry if I missed this in the original post but are you wearing briefs for competition or simply for the hip support in training? Let me know this plus what your max squat and years of training are and I can make a suggestion on what briefs I would put you in.

                      Also the best route for custom gear is to get the needed size of whatever Metal brief you end up going with to fit your leg, then if you need the hips taken in you can send them to Ginny Phillips for custom alterations. She does amazing work and gets thread directly from Metal

                      Thanks man!

                      I would def be interested in your reccomendations... I have been training for about 8 years, the last 5 or so have been serious, competitive bodybuilding

                      ive never done a PL Meet or anything, but I do train like a powerlifter in the offseason. The gear I wanna try is just for fun and to get my feet wet, because it would be fun to do a meet sometime.

                      my best lifts, raw are:

                      Squat 505
                      Bench 365
                      Dead 605

                      im 5'11 and weigh anywhere from 195 to 240 haha.. but generally offseason im around 220-230.

                      I love EliteFTS and buy a lot of stuff from there, so Metal gear is something ive looked at but generally shy'd away from as it seemed to be like "advanced" for me... if that makes sense haha... the powerpants seemed like a more intro piece

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm not familiar with the leg length on the inzer pants but I always cut the seams off my metal briefs then I take it to my alteration guy and have him simply roll the material under and run a stitch around it to prevent it from unraveling (which I doubt it would do anyways). Is the seam on the leg hole super thick material?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by blastandcruise View Post
                          I'm not familiar with the leg length on the inzer pants but I always cut the seams off my metal briefs then I take it to my alteration guy and have him simply roll the material under and run a stitch around it to prevent it from unraveling (which I doubt it would do anyways). Is the seam on the leg hole super thick material?
                          hmmm thats a good idea.. because they do run pretty far down the leg, a cut of an inch and re-seaming it over isnt a bad idea!

                          nah its not super thick, in comparison to some gear ive seen its pretty light

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks man!

                            I would def be interested in your reccomendations... I have been training for about 8 years, the last 5 or so have been serious, competitive bodybuilding

                            ive never done a PL Meet or anything, but I do train like a powerlifter in the offseason. The gear I wanna try is just for fun and to get my feet wet, because it would be fun to do a meet sometime.

                            my best lifts, raw are:

                            Squat 505
                            Bench 365
                            Dead 605

                            im 5'11 and weigh anywhere from 195 to 240 haha.. but generally offseason im around 220-230.

                            I love EliteFTS and buy a lot of stuff from there, so Metal gear is something ive looked at but generally shy'd away from as it seemed to be like "advanced" for me... if that makes sense haha... the powerpants seemed like a more intro piece
                            You are absolutely strong enough to handle advanced gear. The key to learning the gear is to start with loose gear and go tighter over time. I have taught a female lifter who had a 185 raw squat to use wicked tight Ace briefs. It is all about keeping technique and not letting the gear push you around. We started her in an old pair of Frantz briefs, then moved to a moderate pair of Viking briefs, then finally a competition tight pair of Ace briefs.

                            With the information you have given me, I would suggest you get a pair of Metal Pro briefs or Metal Jack briefs. Next question is what are your leg measurement (half way up) and what is your hip measurement? (widest part so including a little upper glute)

                            Either of these briefs will accomplish what you want. The Pro briefs are the most forgiving of the bunch but will still offer great hip support and pop out of the hole. They are fantastic for anyone who is new to gear. Very easy to learn.

                            The Jack briefs while more advanced are still easy to learn. The material is very thick and supportive but it moves deceptively well and allows the lifter to stay in their groove. The other awesome feature for the Jack briefs (which may suit you perfectly) is the way they are cut. For example; a size 44 Jack brief has a 44 hip and a 46 leg size. So for all the Jack sizes the legs are cut one size above the hips. These have been life savers for 2 lifters on my team who have very above average sized legs. In order to get a pair of Ace briefs on they would have to go up 1-2 sizes just to get them over the legs, which leaves the hips very loose. Ginny can take them in which is nice but the Jack briefs will eliminate the need for alteration unless someone has Jeremy Frey like proportions where his legs are 4 sizes bigger than hips, hahaha

                            Please let me know what those measurements are and I can suggest a size
                            "You need never feel broken again"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              awesome! I will take measurements when I get home...

                              My only concern is right now, I am just finishing my bodybuilding contest diet... so I am about 35 pounds under my offseason training weight... should I take that into consideration?

                              the pic in my avy was taken a week ago so, my bodyfat is really low so my thighs/glutes are very different than they would be normally at 30-40 pounds heavier...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X