No announcement yet.

Getting my first belt. How's this look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my first belt. How's this look?

Here. It looks different from other Toro belts I've seen recommended. The material looks like someone took a shoe and stretched it out, so I'm concerned it won't be stiff. Anyone have experience with this type? I'm on a budget, otherwise I'd just get a new Inzer.

I just started using my dad's old weightlifting belt, seen here, and noticed that the tapered form didn't really do much for thoracic pressure, hence my interest.

Looks to be about the same as this. If you are on a budget, it should work fine.

Also, IIRC Inzer only brands their belts. They do not actually make them.

Also, here you go.

http://www.serioussteel.com/power-belt.html

Real power belt, good price. If you look through some of Doberman's post, they are a board sponsor and have some codes for IM members. You could email them for sizes and also see if they have a single prong model as well.
    FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
    If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

Thank you for that. Jeez, those belts you listed have a wide size range. I'm actually liking those and the Titan one you linked better than the eBay one. If shipping isn't too much I might just spring for that single-prong one.

Comment

Check out this post, pretty good discount.
        FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
        If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=182&pid=5653

This new EFS belt is getting rave reviews and this should be the only belt you ever need. It also comes with a lifetime guarantee
          "You need never feel broken again"

Comment

Originally posted by 53greystreet View Post
            http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=182&pid=5653

This new EFS belt is getting rave reviews and this should be the only belt you ever need. It also comes with a lifetime guarantee
            I wish I had about $10k to spend with those guys. Their stuff is so good.
            You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

I would not get the belts you posted links too. They will wear out and they do not offer nearly the support of a standard PL belt. You will end up spending more money in the long run. Save up for a higher quality belt and it will last a lifetime

If you do not want to go the EFS P2 route check out this Inzer, I have had one of these for 15 years and it will easily go another 15 years

http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt....LTS_BUCKLE10MM

Comment

Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
                I wish I had about $10k to spend with those guys. Their stuff is so good.
                You got that right, they do things right. High quality and their testing process is hands on. I have already spent over 10k with them, hahaha. All of the equipment will last my lifetime and many more

Comment

Both the Inzer and the EFS belt come to about the same price. I'm wondering if the Inzer lever is worth it (I hear they can break but they'll be replaced for free).

I've pretty much given up on an economy belt and am looking to buy nice, not twice now.

Comment

I've never seen an Inzer lever belt break. I wish my belt was a lever, but I ordered a single prong instead 5 years ago from Inzer and it's been an absolute beast. It's been tortured through Texas summers at Metroflex and in the garage, thrown around, beat up, left in the truck during 100 summers, hasn't had any issues at all.

I've seen some beast guys run an Inzer lever belt with no issues at all. EFS belts have been great as well from what I hear, can't got wrong with either one.
                    …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

I've also got one of these and definitely have been satisfied. I've only had it for about a year now but its solid. Highly recommended.

Comment

Not to make the decision more difficult, but I have a Cardillo double-prong and am very happy with it. However I hear great things about the EFS and Inzer belts as well - I don't think you can go wrong with any of them really.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                        2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                        2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                        2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                        2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

ive got an inzer single prong... they last forever... id go single prong over double, easier 2 sinch up tight and get in and out of..... my concern with the EFS belt... too new to get any real feedback on, and the price is a bit ridiculous, despite the warranties and garauntees... id also go inzer because theyve been tried and proven for years, plus much cheaper.

Comment

That's also my thinking, that I just can't find any objective reviews on the EliteFTS belt. I mean, at some point you have to realize it's just a piece of leather and what can go wrong? But if I'm spending $100 you'd better believe I'm going to split hairs.

Really leaning toward the lever belt because I'm never going to compete equipped.

Comment

Working...
                            X