bicep tendonitus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bicep tendonitus

whats up fellas. I've been dealing with elbow and bicep tendonitus for years, but right now my biceps are on fire. I have a meet coming up august 25 and am barely getting by, lifts are good but pain is becoming unbearable. Been icing like crazy and taking naproxen. Any tips or tricks to help deal with this would be appreciated.

Hey man, I got biceps tendonitis at one point and the only thing that got rid of it was to stop doing curls for weeks or months. If I tried to curl and I felt my bicep was still iffy, I called it quits for another week.
    Wanna save 5% on your trueprotein orders? Use my code! CTN001

Comment

Originally posted by chris.tan View Post
      Hey man, I got biceps tendonitis at one point and the only thing that got rid of it was to stop doing curls for weeks or months. If I tried to curl and I felt my bicep was still iffy, I called it quits for another week.
      I dont realy do curls that often. Pressing and squats with a straight bar aggrivate it the most

Comment

Have you been using wraps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Neoprene elbow sleeve and kwan loong oil during workouts, and ART on off days. I had tendonosis in my elbow/forearm for years and ended up tearing that bicep. Homon gave me this winning combination and I have been pain free ever since.
          2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
            Neoprene elbow sleeve and kwan loong oil during workouts, and ART on off days. I had tendonosis in my elbow/forearm for years and ended up tearing that bicep. Homon gave me this winning combination and I have been pain free ever since.
            Can I get kwan loong oil at wal mart or a walgreens? Not Quite sure what ART is if you could please clarify, Im assuming its some kind of therapy but the AR just isnt clicking

Comment

Daily deep stretching and frequent massage - weekly if you can, until the pain goes away... although bi-weekly has helped for me.

If I neglect stretching and massage for too long I get really bad medial elbow pain (I also have issues with tight pecs and triceps, which along with a tight flexor carpi ulnaris, lead to ulnar nerve impingement and numbness in my pinky and ring finger).

Stretching frequently and regular deep tissue therapy alleviates this.

Oh, and ART = Active Release Technique

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
              2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
              2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
              2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
              2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Keep doing what you are doing plus stretch and massage. I buy horse liniment, you can get it at tractor supply, southern states, online or whatever store in your area carries supplies for farm animals. The stuff for horses has more menthol than liniments for people. I also use DMSO gel after the liniment.
                2011 USAPL Arnold Raw SHW 1st Place
                2010 USAPL Arnold Raw SHW 1st Place
                2009 USAPL RAW National Champion ( SHW )
                2008 USAPL Arnold Raw SHW 1st Place

Proudly Sponsored by West Cary Barbell

Comment

I had some art done by my chiropractor when mine got bad and it helped a lot. Sometimes it really helps to stretch and massage your inner forearm.
                  And of course if its possible stay away from the activity that causes the pain.
                  Is there any different position you could place your hands that would help ease up on your upper arms? Wider grip maybe?
                  Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

Originally posted by ironsuicide View Post
                    Can I get kwan loong oil at wal mart or a walgreens?

Find it here on Amazon

Originally posted by ironsuicide View Post
                    Not Quite sure what ART is if you could please clarify, Im assuming its some kind of therapy but the AR just isnt clicking
                    As moco stated, Active Release Techniques: they dig into any adhesions or tough patches with their fingers or tools, then have you work through a full range of motion while they are dug in. It hurts like a mother fucker but is phenomenally effective.
                    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

This issue very likely stems from poor shoulder mobility. Found an article posted last year on a way one might address this pain in your elbows and/or shoulders when squatting or benching:

http://train.elitefts.com/instructio...-in-shoulders/

This is an issue that has surfaced for me back in May that made squatting brutal. I could only take 4 sessions of it before I started scouring the web for info on dealing with the problem. A quick fix solution was foam rolling my thoracic spine and performing shoulder dislocations, however, this video/article seems to really hit the nail on the head and suggest ways of dealing with the problem.

Hope you find this useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                        oh god thank you. Didn't know I had tendonitis until I started DC. One elbow only and its bearable on bilateral curls but unilateral are an absolute no go.

I have been using massive doses of curcumin and something called wobenzym
                        (standard dose am fasted). These were recommended to me by a bodybuilding CMO that I know and really helped me recover from my one and only injury last year.... I'm going to add these too thanks.

Originally posted by Big R View Post
                        This issue very likely stems from poor shoulder mobility. Found an article posted last year on a way one might address this pain in your elbows and/or shoulders when squatting or benching:

This is an issue that has surfaced for me back in May that made squatting brutal. I could only take 4 sessions of it before I started scouring the web for info on dealing with the problem. A quick fix solution was foam rolling my thoracic spine and performing shoulder dislocations, however, this video/article seems to really hit the nail on the head and suggest ways of dealing with the problem.

Hope you find this useful.
                        Interesting. I have always done shoulder pre-hab as given to me by my first lifting coach. It includes thoracic spine, shoulder dislocates, dynamic blackburns etc. Good stuff.

Comment

Nice timely post.Here you have developed some lingering bicep/tendon pain from overdoing pullups for a couple weeks.I think you have been trying to rest it, but it has not gone away in a couple months.Seems like bicep tendonitis are probably the best option from what other people have posted.

Comment

Try these.
                            It helped me with my elbow.
                            No these probably won't get you huge (though I have added 1/2 inch doing these, but that's me.), but it helps.

http://www.lift-run-bang.com/2012/09...gin-of-my.html
                            Last edited by yeti; 01-22-2014, 11:40 PM. Reason: forgot to add link

Comment

Working...
                            X