Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bench Press Form Check

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bench Press Form Check

    *NEW VIDS PG 2 POST 30**


    New Video
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctPr6GXO_5g&context=C44bb0fdADvjVQa1PpcFP1 pe1W3LEpxPdDcGCEDowGJsBoBQfscuQ=[/YOUTUBE]
    I filmed the whole thing so you can see my setup. First I try to establish an arch and pinch my shoulder blades together. Then I grip the bar and pull myself up, simultaneously squeezing my shoulder blades/traps together. I maintain that posture and return to the bench, unrack, and start pressing. On heavier sets I will usually get a lift-off. But, as you can see, my left arm isn't pressing the same as my right, and the bar is a bit lopsided.

    If this vid is still bad, just let me know how to better film it. I have a couple more vids with more weight if you're interested in seeing those too.

    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebf4S4F3VSQ&list=HL1332473611&feature=mh_l olz[/YOUTUBE]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebf4S...eature=mh_lolz

    For some reason, the bar comes up/goes down unequally. See video; the bar is clearly tilted. Any tips on fixing this? I have a feeling that perhaps my arms aren't tucking equally...however this seems to be something I do subconsciously and have no control over. I was trying to bench with good form in that video. Also, do you see any other issues with form? I was just doing a couple reps with 135 in the video
    Last edited by bmp; 04-08-2012, 10:26 PM.

  • #2
    Need better video. Also go watch dave tates, So you think you can Bench series. It has a lot of great info in there.

    Comment


    • #3
      how should I take the next video? from a different angle, and for more reps? what angle? side view?

      Comment


      • #4
        See if it happens with Dumbbell bench press.
        FEAR THE FROG


        Originally posted by John Broz
        If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bmp View Post
          how should I take the next video? from a different angle, and for more reps? what angle? side view?
          Farther away. We cant really see anything. Side view would help also.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JohnCaesar View Post
            See if it happens with Dumbbell bench press.
            it doesnt

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by -AJA14- View Post
              Need better video. Also go watch dave tates, So you think you can Bench series. It has a lot of great info in there.
              Yes watch this series its amazing. And so you think you can squat is brilliant as well.
              :preach:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bmp View Post
                it doesnt
                Then it may start with your setup. Do you have your shoulder blades pulled together tightly?
                FEAR THE FROG


                Originally posted by John Broz
                If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by -AJA14- View Post
                  We cant really see anything. Side view would help also.

                  This. Times eleventy.
                  #docswholift
                  PGY-1 FM
                  "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Imagine one of bmp's home porn videos, the whole thing would be a shot of her belly button.
                    PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                      Imagine one of bmp's home porn videos, the whole thing would be a shot of her belly button.
                      Lol. This is probably the worst video I've ever seen. Great job getting the worst possible shot of a bench press.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pretty sure there's a "wobble" effect going on there. Was it done while editing the video?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                          Imagine one of bmp's home porn videos, the whole thing would be a shot of her belly button.

                          I LOL'd. :whoo:
                          #docswholift
                          PGY-1 FM
                          "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Your entire body looks a little off, could be the video but your legs look pretty uneven as well.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              hey guys sorry for gap but i took some more vids from a different angle and im trying to upload them to youtube from my phone

                              theyll be up soon, hopefully you can give me some tips

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X