Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to add 45 lbs to my bench in 12 weeks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to add 45 lbs to my bench in 12 weeks.

Made a $50 bet with a guy at bb.com(yea i know... but still) that id bench 225 in 12 weeks. Id say im at 180x1 right now. Whats the fastest way to add 45 lbs to my 1RM in 12 weeks?

Google...

"Up Your Bench Press 30lbs in 30 days!"

I did it twice and it worked both times amazingly. Do it exactly as written and don't forget to eat.

Comment

Find 2 45lb plates that are fake
      Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Comment

as funny as that would be, the guy requested that the plates be zoomed in on the video.

they dont fuck around with bets...

I looked at the Up your Bench program. looks pretty solid.

its either that or smolov bench. flipping a coin and going at it, but keeping all other lifts the same progression style.

Comment

You might want to consider your form, sometimes you can up the weight simply by fixing any small issues.

Keep your shoulder blades together and make sure you keep you back tight from the moment you unrack. Some people tend to loosen up during setup.

Try to get a good arch to give you a better mechanical advantage.

Don't forget about your leg drive, you want your body to be as stable as possible under the weight. The nervous system won't want to recruit as much strength if it thinks your not ready to safely handle the weight.

My opinion.
          Last edited by PBRevolution; 02-17-2012, 12:53 PM.
          My log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=47064

Comment

This was a brutal program I used that acutally worked really good:

6-Week Power Bench Program

Here is the chart that goes along with the program: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UtCandIaXVRSHc

Day 1: Upper Body – Chest Heavy + Assistance Lifts
            1) BB Bench Press – (Chart) 5 x 1 @ 90% 1RM, 3 x 3 @ 80% 1RM, 3 x 5-7 @ 65% 1RM
            2a) Cable Row - 4 x 5-7
            2b) DB Military Press - 4 x 5-7
            3a) DB Curls – 4 x 5-7
            3b) DB Triceps Extension – 4 x 5 -7

Day 2: Lower Body
            1) Squats (4% Solution) Workout 1: 4-5 x 5 – 7 reps; Workout 2: 4-5 x 4-6 reps; Workout 3: 4-5 X 3-5 reps, then start cycle over at increased weight
            2) Hack Squats: 4-5 x 7-9
            3a) Leg Extension: 4 x 8 - 10 reps (increase weight if you hit 10 reps on all sets)
            3b) Leg Curl: 4 x 7 – 9 reps (increase weight if you hit 9 reps on all sets)
            4) Crunches / Leg Raises from Bench Superset 3 sets x 20 reps each
            4a) Standing Calf Raise: 4-5 x 12
            4b) Seated Calf Raise 4-5 x 12
            5) Leg Press 1 High Intensity Set (Choose: Strip Set, Widowmaker, Single Leg Negatives)

Day 3: Chest (Light) + Triceps and Shoulders (Heavy)
            1) BB Bench Press – Chart 4 x 5-7 @ 70%-75% 1 RM
            2) Incline DB Flyes: 3 sets of 8-10 reps (light, get a good squeeze)
            3) Military Press (seated) (4% Solution) Workout 1: 4-5 x 5 – 7 reps; Workout 2: 4-5 x 4-6 reps; Workout 3: 4-5 X 3-5 reps, then start cycle over at increased weight
            4) Alternate Neutral DB Press (standing) or Arnold Presses: 3-4 x 5 – 7
            5) Cable Lateral Raises: 1 rest pause set
            6) Parallel Dips / Close Grip Bench Press / Skullcrushers: Workout 1: 4-5 x 5 – 7 reps; Workout 2: 4-5 x 4-6 reps; Workout 3: 4-5 X 3-5 reps, then start cycle over at increased weight
            7) Triceps Pressdown: 3 x 7 – 9 reps (increase weight if you hit 9 reps on all sets)
            8) Rope Press-Downs: 1 rest pause set

Day 4: Back and Biceps (Heavy)
            1) Rack Deadlift (4% Solution) Workout 1: 4-5 x 5 – 7 reps; Workout 2: 4-5 x 4-6 reps; Workout 3: 4-5 X 3-5 reps, then start cycle over at increased weight
            2) Bent Row: 4-5 x 5 – 7 reps
            3) Pulldown: (Parallel or reverse grip) 3 x 7 – 9 reps (increase weight if you hit 9 reps on all sets) Finish w/ special technique
            4) Barbell Curl or Alternate DB Curl (4% Solution) 4 x 5 - 7
            5) Preacher Curls: 3 x 5 – 7 reps (increase weight if you hit 7 reps on all sets)
            6) Machine Preacher Curls 1 rest pause set

Day 5: Chest (Medium) + Triceps and Shoulders (Light)
            1) BB Bench Press – Chart 5-7 sets of 3-5 reps @ 80% 1RM
            2) Front DB Shoulder Raises 4 x 5-7
            3) DB Lateral Raises 4 x 7-9
            4) Skullcrushers or Decline DB Triceps Extension 4 x 5 -7
            5) Cable Overhead Triceps Extensions 4 x 7-9

Day 6: Back and Biceps (Light)
            1) Weighted Chins 4-5 x 5-7 reps
            2) DB Row: 4-5 x 7-9
            3) Seated DB Curls 4-5 x 5-7
            4) Slider Curls or Spider Curls 4-5 x 7-9
            5) DB Shrugs 4-5 x 5-7
            6) Back Extension 4 x 10-12

*Abs are worked in as supersets 3-4 days per week.

Day 7 is an OFF Day: Cardio for 45 minutes
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mateus View Post
              Find 2 45lb plates that are fake
              Mateus, good idea!
              STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by PBRevolution View Post
                You might want to consider your form, sometimes you can up the weight simply by fixing any small issues.

Keep your shoulder blades together and make sure you keep you back tight from the moment you unrack. Some people tend to loosen up during setup.

Try to get a good arch to give you a better mechanical advantage.

Don't forget about your leg drive, you want your body to be as stable as possible under the weight. The nervous system won't want to recruit as much strength if it thinks your not ready to safely handle the weight.

My opinion.
                x2
                PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by vkk View Post

they dont fuck around with bets...

Yea man...those BB.com guys are known for that...they don't play!!! I'm sure if you do it the money will be immediately wired from the dudes offshore acc..... So don't worry. You just BETTER pay rt up if you lose... I used to know a dude that dated a girl who had a cousin that made a bet on BB.com....let's just say all that was found was a bloody sock, a canine tooth, his left nipple and a bag of marbles....watch yourself!!
                  Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                  Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                  Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                    Yea man...those BB.com guys are known for that...they don't play!!! I'm sure if you do it the money will be immediately wired from the dudes offshore acc..... So don't worry. You just BETTER pay rt up if you lose... I used to know a dude that dated a girl who had a cousin that made a bet on BB.com....let's just say all that was found was a bloody sock, a canine tooth, his left nipple and a bag of marbles....watch yourself!!
                    Lol.. i think im gonna win it though.. hit 190x1 today, failed 200. 35 lbs in 12 weeks isnt too hard to do...

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                      I think someone else is posting from Dunhill's account......I don't ever remember him being as funny as he's been lately......
                      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                        I think someone else is posting from Dunhill's account......I don't ever remember him being as funny as he's been lately......
                        sorry, my keylogger got him.

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post

I'll have you know I am a very funny sober, thank you much!!
                          Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                          Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                          Nicki Minaj

Comment

EDIT: Nevermind, best of luck.
                            Last edited by AndrewGpv03; 02-17-2012, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Google kyle's Russian bench routine. He was a guy from fortified iron back in the day. It's 4 weeks long I think. Maybe for the last 4 weeks. A lot of people had good (if only temporary) results from that

Comment

Working...
                              X