Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exmgq
    replied
    deficit deads, paused leg press and bottom up zerchers will take care of your off the floor probs.

form issues need to be resolved as well. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...77224549932023

Leave a comment:

• Zoroaster
    replied
    ^^^ this. A lot of guys at my old gym stuck with lighter weight and high reps for deads because at a certain point you can just lift without worrying about form; with heavy pulls form is everything, and if anyone can spot a flaw its ex, sammich, or one of the other experts here.

Leave a comment:

• SkinnyMike42
    replied
    Originally posted by barrym1986 View Post
    I will be doing speed work Tuesday. I will get some video then.
    Best to get a video of a heavy attempt. Any flaws will be more pronounced then.

Leave a comment:

• barrym1986
    replied
    I will be doing speed work Tuesday. I will get some video then.

Leave a comment:

• SkinnyMike42
    replied
    #1 problem with moving the weight off the floor = bad setup. Post a video.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel7908
    replied
    Originally posted by exmgq View Post
    i like the third one sammich.... =0)
    That is a superb one indeed!!! Can't go wrong with that!

Leave a comment:

• barrym1986
    replied
    Thank you for the posts. I have in the past read these articles and it has helped a lot. Thanks for the post cause I really wanted to read exmgg post to help take off some inches from my lift. I have a problem pulling off the ground not locking out. I have done a lot with all my lifts to make sure I was taking off inches instead of bbing, so thank you once again.

Since the comp would be bench and dead I was wondering what I should do about my Max effort days. I have been making sure my form is worked on during speed days to take off inches. My question is concerning what I should do about my max effort days from now till the comp. Should I go in and do rack pulls one week. The next weekend do some box deads so I can get some strength pulling off the ground or should I continue to do the every other week for deads and squat system. I just want to maximize my routine to my goals as best as possible and I am very thankful for the advice.

Leave a comment:

• Sammich
    replied
    You should also consider video taping yourself and then critiquing your form. That can help a TON with finding out what you're doing wrong (or right).

Leave a comment:

• SkinnyMike42
    replied
    Enter the contest regardless of your numbers, it will pay dividends. I just did my first one and I learned so much.

Leave a comment:

• exmgq
    replied
    i like the third one sammich.... =0)

Leave a comment:

• Sammich
    replied
    http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=10453

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=38245

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=28442

Also do some serious article reading at www.elitefts.com

Leave a comment:

• barrym1986
    started a topic Deadlift Help Needed

Deadlift Help Needed

I have recently decided to start powerlifting seriously. I have done multiple different lifting programs in the past. I always had success with the westside template. I really am kicking myself in the butt these days because I have seriously neglected my deadlift.

There is a raw deadlift and bench meet coming up soon. I was really considering entering into this competition, mostly to just get the competition experience. I plan on entering at the 198 class. My problem is that I am around about a 315 bench. My deadlift has been a 405 in the past, I went to pull 405 recently and only got it a couple inches off the ground. I am not happy with either of these lifts. I plan to pack on some strength and size over the next couple years and really dedicating myself. I have talked to some people and they have encouraged me to enter the contest if I am really serious about competing, especially to get the experience.

However, my deadlift in comparison to my bench is absolutely horrific. I was hoping get some help and advice to get me pulling heavier weight. I know it is form driven and have been working on my form. Since the comp is only dead and bench I was hoping to get some advice to set up my westside template to help get the best results in that short of time. The meet is on March 17, 2012. (any advice on some articles for getting into competition would be greatly appreciated)
Working...
X