• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrossFit Powerlifting Meet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIsY99dksbs

380 lb Squat
    170 lb Press
    525 lb Deadlift

I LOVED the atmosphere and the people there - I would enjoy the hell out of training at a CrossFit gym . . . problem is, I'd rather some day deadlift 600 lbs.

Originally posted by btech View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIsY99dksbs

380 lb Squat
    170 lb Press
    525 lb Deadlift

I LOVED the atmosphere and the people there - I would enjoy the hell out of training at a CrossFit gym . . . problem is, I'd rather some day deadlift 600 lbs.
    It is a fun gym (crossfit) for sure.. but that press is pathetic.
    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
    www.316fit.com
    Email: [email protected]

Comment

Nice job. If they dropped the squat, that would be the perfect "PL" meet for me. lol
      PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
        It is a fun gym (crossfit) for sure.. but that press is pathetic.
        Looks I have a homework assignment now.

Comment

Was that you? LOL my mistake.

I don't know why I was just assuming you put up a random video - and to be honest, I didn't watch the video until after I posted that.

You beat my CF total though

I got 1080 and I scored 1055, I think.

My press was 225 though.

375 squat
          225 press
          455 dead

I pulled 500 up to my knees but I don't use a mixed-grip, so I didn't get it passed my knees before it slipped. My squat was pathetic, in my opinion. I used to rep out 400+ back before I jacked up my quad almost 2 years ago.

Anyway, I was 205-210 when I did that CF total, few weeks back.
          Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
          FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
          www.316fit.com
          Email: [email protected]

Comment

Start by getting and holding your air in your belly before the lift. Looked like your core wasn't very tight at all.
            Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
              Nice job. If they dropped the squat, that would be the perfect "PL" meet for me. lol
              I too like the press, do you have an injury that prevents you from benching? How about the squat? Pardon me, I don't come by forums often anymore . . I really like the idea of the press anyway as opposed to the bench . . standing up, whole body support . . functional strength.

I don't know why I was just assuming you put up a random video - and to be honest, I didn't watch the video until after I posted that.

My press was 225 though.

375 squat
              225 press
              455 dead

I pulled 500 up to my knees but I don't use a mixed-grip, so I didn't get it passed my knees before it slipped. My squat was pathetic, in my opinion. I used to rep out 400+ back before I jacked up my quad almost 2 years ago.

Fade, I am guessing you use a double overhand grip to avoid tearing a bicep? 225 is a strong press - and no worries about knocking my press, you are right; my upper body pushing is WEAKsauce.

What are your favorite CF workouts?

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
              Start by getting and holding your air in your belly before the lift. Looked like your core wasn't very tight at all.
              Thank you Adam - I keep up with your journal whenever I visit this site and appreciate getting some lifting advice from you.

Comment

Squat/Press/Deadlift would be cool.

Good work.
                "You can't be the fastest or the strongest but you can always work the hardest." - Jim Wendler

"Failing is nothing more than inexperience" - Jim Wendler

"You won't have to rotate squats and deadlifts, but do them both and thus get more fucking awesome every week" - cooltom

Comment

I too like the press, do you have an injury that prevents you from benching? How about the squat? Pardon me, I don't come by forums often anymore . . I really like the idea of the press anyway as opposed to the bench . . standing up, whole body support . . functional strength.
                  No...no injury, I just do what I enjoy. I do bench sometimes though.

How much do you weigh? The 170 press is a bit low for your other lifts, but anything close to a BW press is at least decent. FWIW, my best dl is 605 and best press 242x4 (so maybe 265-275). So at least using me as an example, you have room to improve the press relatively.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                    No...no injury, I just do what I enjoy. I do bench sometimes though.

How much do you weigh? The 170 press is a bit low for your other lifts, but anything close to a BW press is at least decent. FWIW, my best dl is 605 and best press 242x4 (so maybe 265-275). So at least using me as an example, you have room to improve the press relatively.
                    Good to know, referring to your pressing strength in relation to your other lifts. I read in that Reg Park press thread that you are used to going heavy at overhead lifts.

Thank you for pointing out my weakness to me, it is exactly what I need to hear. A scenario like this is no different than the infamous frat boys who are all bi's/chest with zero legs (referencing that group of lifters has been beat into the ground, I know).

btw I am 180, with some added holiday pounds.

Thank you Red Skull.

Comment

No problem man. Glad I can help a little.

You mentioned Reg Park presses. I recently started doing them as well and am willing to bet there will be some very good carry over to military pressing strength.

Keep hittin it. You'll get there.
                      Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

170 @ 180 isn't too bad at all. I think BW for reps would be pretty good by any standards. Of course it's easier the lighter you are, but still impressive.

Comment

My press was 225 though.

375 squat
                          225 press
                          455 dead

Use a hook grip if you're going to double overhand your pulls and you'll find that it won't slip.
                          What the mind believes, the body achieves

Comment

This dude didn't start a thread so people could tell him his press sucks.
                            "You can't be the fastest or the strongest but you can always work the hardest." - Jim Wendler

"Failing is nothing more than inexperience" - Jim Wendler

"You won't have to rotate squats and deadlifts, but do them both and thus get more fucking awesome every week" - cooltom

Comment

Originally posted by LandryP View Post
                              This dude didn't start a thread so people could tell him his press sucks.
                              Yea, true, and I thank you for the support LandryP . . BUT, they are right - my press and bench press are pretty weaksauce when compared to my squat and dead . . in addition, because of this, my shoulders, chest and triceps are not as big as they should be, which results in me still hearing people say to me, "Wait . . . YOU lift weights??".

So, knocking my press is the tough love that I need.

Comment

Working...
                              X