Will this squat pass in USAPL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this squat pass in USAPL?

This is as low as I can go, so I hope so. You can see my heels coming off the ground slightly...I think my oly shoes will help a ton when they arrive.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRtTxh89v3U&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Yes.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Yep looks good
      Current Raw PR's as of 2012
      365 Oly Squat @ 160
      350 TNG Bench @ 160
      556.7 Deadlift @ 157 (usapl)

My YouTube
      My Lifting Blog

Comment

Top of the thigh at the hip drops below the knee; looks good.

Do you always train with a wide stance like that on squats? I actually feel more comfortable with a shoulder-width stance.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
        2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
        2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
        2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
        2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

looks good.
          site owner of ironaddicts.com

Comment

Originally posted by moco View Post
            Top of the thigh at the hip drops below the knee; looks good.

Do you always train with a wide stance like that on squats? I actually feel more comfortable with a shoulder-width stance.

I am just outside shoulder width. I am also 6'5" so maybe that is throwing it off and making it look wide since my knees kick out so far. I have some videos of wider squats, but that was me just experimenting.

Comment

a wider stance is going to yield better numbers "normally". whens the meet?
              site owner of ironaddicts.com

Comment

This will leave no shadow of doubt...

Comment

Originally posted by exmgq View Post
                  a wider stance is going to yield better numbers "normally". whens the meet?
                  The meet is Jan 7th. Spur of the moment...it is close so I just said fuck it and sent my check in. Never done a meet.

I have tried the wide stance now twice...I can't even hit depth with it and it is still 20-25 lbs less than my normal stance.

Originally posted by titanium_spine View Post
                  This will leave no shadow of doubt...
                  Very nice.

Comment

Yes.

Also, it looks like you are getting some ankle eversion on your right foot.
                    FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
                    If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCaesar View Post
                      Yes.

Also, it looks like you are getting some ankle eversion on your right foot.
                      What is the fix? I have no arches feet so they always have done that. I will take new vids when the oly shoes get here to see if it still does it.

Comment

Don't hide behind your olympic shoes. Oly shoes can be very helpful for sure, but they can also mask issues with mobility because they do make it easier to reach depth. Fix your issues and you'll be stronger than if you just simply avoid them by getting oly shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidMercury View Post
                          Don't hide behind your olympic shoes. Oly shoes can be very helpful for sure, but they can also mask issues with mobility because they do make it easier to reach depth. Fix your issues and you'll be stronger than if you just simply avoid them by getting oly shoes.
                          My mobility seems fine, other than some possible ankle flexibility issues. I work hard stretching my hips, hams, and glutes...make sure I do 30 minutes daily. I cannot physically fix flat feet, which is what causes my feet to go inward as I push up out of the hole. I have to concentrate on putting the weight on the outside of my foot to avoid this. I just didn't do it in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyMike42 View Post
                            My mobility seems fine, other than some possible ankle flexibility issues. I work hard stretching my hips, hams, and glutes...make sure I do 30 minutes daily. I cannot physically fix flat feet, which is what causes my feet to go inward as I push up out of the hole. I have to concentrate on putting the weight on the outside of my foot to avoid this. I just didn't do it in the video.
                            I have zero arch and know many others probably here do as well that have zero problem keeping feet on the ground. Find a stance or as you mentioned fix possible ankle flexibility issues. Just because you stretch doesn't mean you aren't having impingement elsewhere. Fixing this is likely to result in a good bit more poundage as you'll have a much more stable surface and be able to recruit much better. It may take a bit of a hit first if you're having to change your stance but will pay off in the long rung both in terms of saving your ankle and knee and in the amount of weight you'll be able to move. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                            X