X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rshammock
    Intense Muscle Competitor
    • Apr 2010

Shane Hammock Olympia benchpress record

Hello everyone on Intense-muscle. It has been awhile since i have posted anything but that is not because i have not been training. Just haven't been able to put together any meets lately. Anyway my latest meet i was able to put together was 2011 USPA Olympia bench press competition. I benched 722.5 in single ply for a new junior USPA record.

• Shawn "Future" Bellon
    Intense Muscle Vet/ISOM winner November 2011
    • May 2004

I was there. Well done!
    International Elite Raw Powerlifter
    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

• DCBliever
      • Feb 2006

Honestly man that looked pretty easy for you IMO, awesome work and youa re so damn young too.
      For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

• odiE
        Middleweight Member
        • Sep 2009

Damn good work! Congrats!

Comment

• rshammock
          • Apr 2010

Thank you all for your support i really do appreciate it.

Comment

• Brian Cain
            • Sep 2011

Very strong and fast bro, great work. Congrats!
            JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
            198 pro
            775 575 630 @198 1980 multiply
            650 415 575 raw
            650 Bench only multiply@220(212)
            840 650 650 best lifts @220

Comment

• bbjeff86
              Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 198lb Raw Club Total 1217
              • Jan 2008

Maybe you could answer me this... or somebody else accomplished in PL. Is it possible to tuck your elbows too much on the BP. I'm relatively new to PL training (only a year), and just can't seem to get comfortable on the BP, I think perhaps I am tucking them too much on the way down.

If it matters I plan to compete raw.
              -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
              -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
              198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
              -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
              198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
              -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
              198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

• rshammock
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by bbjeff86
                Maybe you could answer me this... or somebody else accomplished in PL. Is it possible to tuck your elbows too much on the BP. I'm relatively new to PL training (only a year), and just can't seem to get comfortable on the BP, I think perhaps I am tucking them too much on the way down.

That is honestly a question i have never heard before. I would have to know how big is your upper body and how wide or narrow do you grip the bar. I ask this because your lats should be able to stop you from bringing in your elbows too much. Also where you grip the bar will play into your form. So i would definitely play with my grip and just find out where you are most comfortable and feel the strongest. Also if need be try put on some upper body mass. Seeing a video of you lift would make this alot easier to really evaluate.

Comment

• exmgq
                  Intense Set of the Month August 2007
                  • Apr 2006

very nice bench. congrats
                  site owner of ironaddicts.com

Comment

• bbjeff86
                    Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 198lb Raw Club Total 1217
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by rshammock
                    That is honestly a question i have never heard before. I would have to know how big is your upper body and how wide or narrow do you grip the bar. I ask this because your lats should be able to stop you from bringing in your elbows too much. Also where you grip the bar will play into your form. So i would definitely play with my grip and just find out where you are most comfortable and feel the strongest. Also if need be try put on some upper body mass. Seeing a video of you lift would make this alot easier to really evaluate.
                    Thanks, I will try to get some video during this next 3 week wave of training... I am 5'9" and hover around 190-193lbs... trying to put on more size. My grip is moderately wide I gues... pinky finger about 1 inch inside of the ring in the knurling. I've been trying to tuck my elbows very hard because i've always heard that qued(sp?) to people... but I sometimes feel like it may be too much... my lats aren't huge... but I do have lats. Part of the issue is my bench isn't currently as strong as it used to be, but I also had a tumor removed from my chest cavity (they had to cut my sternum open and split me open) last december, and I still haven't gained all the lost weight back. So it's sort of hard for me to tell if it was the training lay off, the weakened chest area, and the slightly lighter weight... or if it is my new technique.
                    -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
                    -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
                    198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
                    -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
                    198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
                    -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
                    198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

• rshammock
                      • Apr 2010

Thanks, I will try to get some video during this next 3 week wave of training... I am 5'9" and hover around 190-193lbs... trying to put on more size. My grip is moderately wide I gues... pinky finger about 1 inch inside of the ring in the knurling. I've been trying to tuck my elbows very hard because i've always heard that qued(sp?) to people... but I sometimes feel like it may be too much... my lats aren't huge... but I do have lats. Part of the issue is my bench isn't currently as strong as it used to be, but I also had a tumor removed from my chest cavity (they had to cut my sternum open and split me open) last december, and I still haven't gained all the lost weight back. So it's sort of hard for me to tell if it was the training lay off, the weakened chest area, and the slightly lighter weight... or if it is my new technique.
                      Wow man i am sorry to hear you have had to endure such a thing but it would definitely explain you feeling weaker in the bench. When you throw up that video i will be glad to take a look and give you the best advice i can.

Comment

• Shawn "Future" Bellon
                        Intense Muscle Vet/ISOM winner November 2011
                        • May 2004

I think its certainly possible. Practice!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
                        International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                        Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

• Dancraighenson
                          • Dec 2017

awesome

Comment

Working...