Question about Westside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Westside

I have been powerlifting for a little over a year and just started reading some info on Westside training methods, I was wondering if one could design a program with only powerlifting training once week? My PR are 370lb bench press, 530lbs Deadlift and 405lbs Squat, at 195-198lbs. All lifts were raw.
    Breaking News: Use Discount Code RDB635 and Save 5% on orders At www.trueprotein.com MAKE YOUR ORDER TODAY!!!

Originally posted by kannibal View Post
    I have been powerlifting for a little over a year and just started reading some info on Westside training methods, I was wondering if one could design a program with only powerlifting training once week? My PR are 370lb bench press, 530lbs Deadlift and 405lbs Squat, at 195-198lbs. All lifts were raw.
    I don't think so, not westside anyway. maybe 5/3/1, why only one day per week?
    For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

I've seen twice a week and three times a week options. But never once a week.

the twice a week is:
      ME Lower/DE Upper
      ME Upper/DE Lower
      or vice versa,

A few strongmen do these and then add events training on the weekends.
      "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win." Bear Bryant

My Log:
      http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=45338

Comment

Are you talking about powerlifting one day a week, but doing non-powerlifting stuff the rest of the week, or are you talking about only working out once a week and that's it?

Can you be a little more specific with your question?
        "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDuckGoose View Post
          Are you talking about powerlifting one day a week, but doing non-powerlifting stuff the rest of the week, or are you talking about only working out once a week and that's it?

Can you be a little more specific with your question?
          Please. If you're talking only powerlifting once a week, and doing other things during the week, why? If powerlifting is your main focus, why not run a 3/4 day split and make it a priority? If you're talking about only training once a week, I don't see that as productive.
          …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

If you've researched the true Westside Method, that answers your question 2 ME+2DE days equals 4 days/week please don't try to come up with a way to do this in 1 or 2 days/ week. Lol
            2010 USPF Push/Pull 198 Winner
            2010 USAPL AZ State 198 Open Raw Champion
            2010 USPF State Championships- Open 2nd place 198
            2011 USPF Region 7 198 Open Champion
            2011 USPF AZ RAWPower 198 Open Winner
            MPC Labs Sponsored Athlete

Comment

Yes, one could conceivably design what you are describing, although it would not be Westside style conjugate method periodization.

Feel free to read the original texts describing conjugate methodology to see if you can develop your own program.
              FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
              If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

Congrats on the lifts. My suggestion is first to do what got your lifts so god to begin with.

one day a week is gonna be tough period let alone be a Westside template although Westside is more geared for geared lifters in my opinion. The concepts of using movements to help weaknesses is great but if you wanna get better at a squat...squat. So don't get to caught up in all of that.

I think may 2 days a week is more doable. Think about if you ate all your meals in one sitting. Just too much. I would worry about your shoulders as well.

Feel free to ask more but I just don't see once a week helping comparatively and Westside not all all with these constraints.
                International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Working...
                X