Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get your press on.

Reg Park.

(Punch yourself in the dick right now, if you don't know who Reg Park is.)

Reg Park lifted heavy weights and he looked good doing it. (I could type up a huge post about how Reg was the second coming of Jesus, but that's not what I want to talk about.)

What I do want to talk about, is the greatest most manliest fucking exercise ever created:

THE REG PARK PRESS.

(Punch yourself in the dick again, if you don't know what a Reg Park Press is.)

Here is what you do:

First off, walk over to the squat rack and spend the next 45 minutes or so squatting yourself into a state of awesome with singles, doubles, and triples. Squat heavy and squat often. This has nothing to do with a Reg Park Press, but since this is the powerlifting forum, I figured I needed to say something about squats.

Step two: After squatting yourself silly, march over to the dumbbell rack and stare down those dumbbells like you want them dead. Pretend that every single one of those dumbbells owe you money and you are there to collect.

Step three: Grab a pair of dumbbells. That's right, you need one in each hand......... none of this unilateral bull shit. Hoist those mother fuckers up to your shoulders. I don't care if you clean them, throw them, curl them, swing them, or toss them, just get them up onto your shoulders.

Step four: With the dumbbells into position, you are at the beginning phase of the Reg Park Press.

Step five: Using zero leg drive and a neutral (hammer) grip, you will begin pressing both dumbbells into the air. Bring them down and repeat.

And there you have it....... a Reg Park Press is basically a neutral grip dumbbell military press.

Sounds easy, right?

WRONG! (Punch yourself in the dick for a third time, for thinking it was easy.)

This exercise is humbling for three reasons:

Reason 1). Sometimes, especially when using heavy dumbbells, it will take an act of God to get the dumbbells into the starting position.

Reason 2). You are standing up. Most people want to do overhead db work while sitting down. Unless you pee sitting down, you shouldn't press sitting down.

Reason 3). Staying strict is hard. It is always easier to get the weights up when using leg drive. Well guess what fuck face........using leg drive means you are not doing a Reg Park Press...... it means you are doing a dumbbell push press.

Doing this exercise means you have made a statement to the world that you want to be a man. It means you are not going to pop your collar and wear skinny jeans while rocking out to lady gaga. It means you are going to butt fuck life into submission and smack anyone who gets in your way.

(But DDG, what about concentration curls, what about pec dec flies, what about leg extensions, what about.........blah blah blah!!!!!!! GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

keep it brutal, keep it manly, keep it strong...... GET YOUR PRESS ON!
    "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish." - Dr. Suess

Good post, I only had to puch myself in the dick once, must be my lucky day.
    "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
    Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
    ~William Bernbach

Comment

Originally posted by SAHD View Post
      I only had to puch myself in the dick once, must be my lucky day.
      Please make that your sig.
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

I would but I don't know how, please tell and I will.
        "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
        Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
        'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
        ~William Bernbach

Comment

I love these, though mine I do more like an Arnold Press with the wrist positioning. Very tough movement to progress on.
          PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

my dick hurts
            Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDuckGoose View Post
              Unless you pee sitting down, you shouldn't press sitting down.

(But DDG, what about concentration curls, what about pec dec flies, what about leg extensions, what about.........blah blah blah!!!!!!! GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

keep it brutal, keep it manly, keep it strong...... GET YOUR PRESS ON!
              LOL That is classic.

-BTH

Comment

I like it, I'll be throwing it in there as I change my accessory work on 5/3/1 for more strongman specific training.

Thanks for the post.
                Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                www.316fit.com
                Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                  I like it, I'll be throwing it in there as I change my accessory work on 5/3/1 for more strongman specific training.

Thanks for the post.
                  You are welcome.

Truth be told, anything overhead is going to carryover more to strongman than to powerlifting.

I will have to try and find the link, but I once seen a video from the World's Strongest Man Competition that showed Bill Kaz doing a Reg Park Press for reps as one of the events. Obviously it was from a long time ago, but it was cool nonetheless.

Keep us posted on how your training goes Fade!
                  Last edited by DuckDuckGoose; 08-26-2011, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mateus View Post
                    my dick hurts

You either punched yourself in the dick after reading the post, or you started doing Reg Park Presses and you got so much vagina because of your recent new found manliness, that your dick is sore from vagina overload.

I'm guessing scenario 2, but only you know the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by BuiltToHurtMD View Post
                      LOL That is classic.

-BTH
                      Thanks!

(The Pee talk was stolen from wendler...... can't take credit for that. )

Comment

Duck,

Out of interest, who is the strongest person you know on Reg Park Presses?

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                          Duck,

Out of interest, who is the strongest person you know on Reg Park Presses?

Unless I am mistaken, I know you have done 114's for 6 reps and you are currently trying to get 120's for 6.

If you are able to get 120's for 6, you will technically be stronger than Reg Park was.

Reg Park did 120's for 5 on the Reg Park press.

So to answer your question, you are.

Completely off subject, but Casey Reese, a professional bench presser from Ashville, North Carolina, has done a seated barbell press of 405 pounds for 6 reps.

You can find that video on you tube.

It's not a Reg Park Press, but it is one of the most motivational videos I have ever seen and just watching that video added 10 pounds to all my lifts.

Comment

:third:

Comment

Unless I am mistaken, I know you have done 114's for 6 reps and you are currently trying to get 120's for 6.

If you are able to get 120's for 6, you will technically be stronger than Reg Park was.

Reg Park did 120's for 5 on the Reg Park press.

Completely off subject, but Casey Reese, a professional bench presser from Ashville, North Carolina, has done a seated barbell press of 405 pounds for 6 reps.

You can find that video on you tube.

It's not a Reg Park Press, but it is one of the most motivational videos I have ever seen and just watching that video added 10 pounds to all my lifts.
                              It's dick-punching time...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT8SZbpjEpM[/YOUTUBE]
                              Max Muscle
                              5020 Katella Ave.
                              Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                              www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Working...
                              X