Critical bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical bench

Has anybody here used the critical bench program?
    What were your experiences with it?

no takers? anyways- just to be clear I'm referring to this program:
    http://www.criticalbench.com/
    http://www.criticalbench.com/program.htm

Comment

never tried it, but all the reports show results in ten weeks, telling me it is some type of linear periodization routine, with "power-building" accessory work....

Comment

Looks like another overhyped bench program. Honestly, I'd just go with 5/3/1. Tried, tested, no fancy ads, old school and customizable.
        Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

5/3/1, Juggernaut, DC training, Westside for skinny bastards
          International Elite Raw Powerlifter
          Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by Future View Post
            5/3/1, Juggernaut, DC training, Westside for skinny bastards
            do one of those ^^^

or get the metroflex powerbuilding ebook for like 30 bucks, and it has over 50 programs in it...

Comment

Please don't shell out money for a bench program. Also, I know I'm in the minority, but I did not like 5/3/1 (sorry Jim). I respond much better to more volume.

Figure out how to manipulate Prilepin's table and build a simple linear progression for yourself over a few months. If you can't do that, there are PLENTY of free ones out there. Brad Gillingham's bench routine is a great example of what I'm talking about, although I added a little volume to that one as well when I used it.

Good luck, and save your money for pizza. It will be better utilized at Papa Johns.
              "Nobody gives a **** about your six pack when you weigh 175 pounds". -M.R.

Journal

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. Looking into all the programs listed above.

Juggernaut: couldn't find any info on it online. Is there any link to an interview or something like there is for 5/3/1? Or the only way to find out about the program is to buy the e-book?
                Future: Surprised that you are not endorsing it! I had come across this interview on that site which featured you. (or at least I think it was you.)

Comment

http://articles.elitefts.com/article...-wesley-smith/
                  http://articles.elitefts.com/article...ernaut-method/

Here are a couple articles with the author of the Juggernaut method. Basically what I said in my earlier post. Just another simple progression program based on Prilepin's percentages. Nothing groundbreaking with any of these programs.

Paypal me $25 and I'll program one specifically for you. :tongue1:

Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Gohan View Post
                    Thank you all for the replies. Looking into all the programs listed above.

Juggernaut: couldn't find any info on it online. Is there any link to an interview or something like there is for 5/3/1? Or the only way to find out about the program is to buy the e-book?
                    Future: Surprised that you are not endorsing it! I had come across this interview on that site which featured you. (or at least I think it was you.)
                    Endorsing what?
                    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedneck View Post
                      http://articles.elitefts.com/article...-wesley-smith/
                      http://articles.elitefts.com/article...ernaut-method/

Here are a couple articles with the author of the Juggernaut method. Basically what I said in my earlier post. Just another simple progression program based on Prilepin's percentages. Nothing groundbreaking with any of these programs.

Paypal me $25 and I'll program one specifically for you. :tongue1:
                      They are structured and tested. So that is enough to look into them. Stop being a crabby panys. I bought the ebooks. I like to read and its always worth hearing FIRSTHAND info not something interpreted on a forum.
                      Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

I know they have their place, especially for someone new to programming. Or for someone new(er) to strength training in general. I just think there's plenty of info for free out there, good info. You can find journals of people following these programs and figure out the jist of them for yourself, plug in your own max and go from there.

Just my opinion on it, that's all. Too many experts trying to make a buck with the latest and greatest 'system' IMO.

Journal

Comment

Well gotta agree there.

At some point there is the psychology of the sport along with organization. People don't trust themselves so someone else can give them a boost of confidence with a program with is linear with boundaries.

Still its good to take some time to learn your own stuff too.
                          Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

just whatever you do don't read the westide book of methods if you are a beginner. LOL

louie flip flops in that book so much, you have to understand training and him to learn from it. I mean in one paragraph he will say to use 40-50% on speed bench, then later on the same page he will say all speed bench press is to be done at 60% and never to be changed, then a few pages later, 50% .... lol
                            Last edited by thetim; 06-25-2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X