SPF Nationals Report from DCBliever(Robb), JohnCeasar and Sammich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPF Nationals Report from DCBliever(Robb), JohnCeasar and Sammich

I'll start while driving home, what a crazy four months this has been, from life to training. The past two weeks were extremely interesting, bacterial infection, 27lb weight cut, broken toe, and partial pec tear. I lost a total of 27lbs from Friday to Friday to make the 198lb weight class. My warm ups were all heavy and I just fealt off, my first squat was all whites but the judges warned me I was close to being red lighted for depth, that was 550. I was forward on my lifts coming out of the monlift, I buried 580, and at 600 I had it out of the hole and lost my tightness and came forward. All in all it was a 30lb PR at a lower weight class.

I opened at 225 on bench to see how my pec fealt. Warm ups it fealt fine, so I jumped to 315 after my 225 smoke show and nailed it. JC asked me to shut it down so I said ok and told the table 350 and I grinded it out for a 15lb PR at a lower weight class.

Next came deads, my warm ups fealt like garbage, I hit 500 for an opener and it fealt heavy, jumped to 525 and got it to my knees and came forward, and asked for it again and they loaded it to 545 without my paying attention and didn't budge it. A 20lb PR and 2nd place at the nationals.

The best part was the comradery and people that I met. Powerlifting is one of the only sports you root for your fellow competitor who is competing against you. John Ceasr was an incredible help wrapping my knees and handling me. I got to meet Sammich and Exmgq and do his bench handoffs. I am hurt and sore and a great fathers day weekend with my dad, son, girlfriend, and her son. Lots of goals going forward and thanks to SKIP for helping me make weight. I love this sport and glad I jumped into it head first.

It's time to get ready for my bodybuilding show and work on converting to SUMO pulling. My goal is 1600 plus at 198 and I know I can and WILL make it happen.
    Last edited by DCBliever; 06-19-2011, 09:32 PM.
    For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

awesome right up Robb...yes it has been a helluva journey in more ways than one!
    '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
    17 AAU Super Total
    '16-AAU Hi
    '15-USPA Metro
    '15-USPA State
    '15-AAU HI
    '14-AAU HI
    '14-USPA Metro
    '14-WABDL Sonny's
    '14-USPA State
    '14-HI Strongman
    '13-USPA
    '13-WABDL Sonny's
    '13-USPA State
    '13-AAU HI
    '11-USPA Metro
    '10-NPC Stingrey
    '09-NPC Islands
    '09-NPC Stingrey
    '09-ABA Islands
    '02-ABA Islands
    '02-ABA IronWorks
    '01-NPC Paradise Cup
    '01-ABA Olympia
    '01-ABA Islands
    '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
    '00-INBF Musclefest
    '98-NGA Ill
    '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Great work! Awesome numbers man.
      2005 HOA Natural Classic
      2006 OCB Midwest
      2007 ABA Natural Illinois
      2008 HOA Natural Classic
      NPC Mid-Illinois
      NPC Midwest Open
      NPC Natural Grand Prix
      2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
      USPA Illinois State
      NGA Heart of America
      NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

1430 not bad for cutting that amt of weight, I'll definitely follow up with you in the near future as we share the same goal of 1600+, I'm aiming to do so by 92411 USPF AZ State Champs!
        2010 USPF Push/Pull 198 Winner
        2010 USAPL AZ State 198 Open Raw Champion
        2010 USPF State Championships- Open 2nd place 198
        2011 USPF Region 7 198 Open Champion
        2011 USPF AZ RAWPower 198 Open Winner
        MPC Labs Sponsored Athlete

Comment

Great job man! Powerlifting is great and you'll see the gains come prep time for your bodybuilding show
          Twitter:@badbadleroyb

Comment

hell yeah, good job from the IM crew.

Comment

Congrats! I can't agree more about the awesomeness of powerlifting and the comraderie. I had my first meet in April and it was the one thing that stood out and really made me appreciate the experience even more. I can't wait for my next meet. Striving for 1500 @181 myself, definitely will be watching your training as you progress.

Comment

Originally posted by bad bad leroy b View Post
                Great job man! Powerlifting is great and you'll see the gains come prep time for your bodybuilding show
                Originally posted by MPC5000WATTS View Post
                1430 not bad for cutting that amt of weight, I'll definitely follow up with you in the near future as we share the same goal of 1600+, I'm aiming to do so by 92411 USPF AZ State Champs!
                Originally posted by breck View Post
                Great work! Awesome numbers man.
                Originally posted by trucelt View Post
                awesome right up Robb...yes it has been a helluva journey in more ways than one!
                Thanks guys, I've been talking with a good friend(JohnCeasar) and I'm more than likely going to do at least 1 if not 2 more meets this year and table the BB show. I will continue to diet using my Guinea Pig Diet Template with some modifications I ran by SKIP that he graciously answered even though our consultation was over, he also help me make weight even though our time was up so big thank you to him. I want to qualify for APF Nationals and set a few records there, and set some records in the SPF along with some personal goals. I think I'll just stay the course of what I need to do coming off this meet. I have 11, 18, and 23 weeks between the meets I am looking at so lots of time to train weaknesses.
                For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

That's great man. I have never been to a pl'ing meet before, makes me want to go watch one.
                  2005 HOA Natural Classic
                  2006 OCB Midwest
                  2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                  2008 HOA Natural Classic
                  NPC Mid-Illinois
                  NPC Midwest Open
                  NPC Natural Grand Prix
                  2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                  USPA Illinois State
                  NGA Heart of America
                  NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

nice meeting you rob. great meet and see you soon. ill be doing the meet here at the beach in nov for sure.
                    site owner of ironaddicts.com

Comment

Originally posted by exmgq View Post
                      nice meeting you rob. great meet and see you soon. ill be doing the meet here at the beach in nov for sure.
                      I'll look into that one and maybe the GF and I can make a vacation out of it and hang with you and the Mrs. It was nice to meet you also, I guess we never know what someone looks like over the interwebz, much uglier in person huh? lol

Comment

Meet Videos

Squat 550 GOOd
                        [YOUTUBE]HmogKdeTk7o[/YOUTUBE]

Squat 580 GOOD 30lb PR
                        [YOUTUBE]UJiUelhtsCc[/YOUTUBE]

Squat 600 Miss
                        [YOUTUBE]Ubp4F7Qu0mw[/YOUTUBE]

Bench 225 Good
                        [YOUTUBE]VmPxYcDbCeA[/YOUTUBE]

Bench 315 Good cut off
                        [YOUTUBE]pdp6gRSZNrk[/YOUTUBE]

Bench 350 Good 15lb PR
                        [YOUTUBE]Ev-MR5RI-9g[/YOUTUBE]

Deadlift 500 20lb PR
                        [YOUTUBE]0OUw5j120kU[/YOUTUBE]

Deadlift 525 Miss
                        [YOUTUBE]R9dlil-3tjE[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Working...
                        X