3rd shit weight cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd shit weight cut

Got a question any help will be great. Cutting weight for a powerlifting meet next weekend april 30th. Loosing around 4-5lbs a night and I wake now around 3 lbs off. Should make weight fine. Because of the holidays this weekend i will have to pull a few doubles at work through the night and am wondering what should i do about diet/ water intake for those 8 hours i am usually sleeping

don't eat, just like you don't eat while sleeping. If you get thirsty sip some water, but try to keep your nutrient timing very similar to what it would be if you were sleeping, especially if it's just for a couple of days.
    -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
    -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
    198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
    -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
    198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
    -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
    198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

I wouldnt worry about water consumption, drink what ever you want, christ your a week and half out and with in 3lbs. IMO
      2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
      2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
      2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
      2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
      2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
      2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
      *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
      88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
      88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Hartley View Post
        I wouldnt worry about water consumption, drink what ever you want, christ your a week and half out and with in 3lbs. IMO
        True, that is not much weight, I just did not want to do something dumb and screw me up 5 days away

Comment

IMO I would never cut weight that far out due to the fact the longer your below the weight you've trained at prior to the cut and weigh in the weaker you will be. Logically, mostly true for 'trainers', the bigger you are the stronger you are; so when you deplete your body of the strength and weight you've gained over 4,8,12+ weeks that far out your wasting time. I don't know if it's from the 10 years I wrestled but 'the cut' is apart of the journey to success and makes the win that much sweeter. What I mean is wrestlers, true elite powerlifters and I cut the weight as close to the comp as possible. My last meet required I start the cut 48 hrs bf weighin using the 'Kroc method' that was around bf he was even born neverless it's on elitefts.com, long story shor I cut 14 pounds in the 48 hrs eating nothing for 30 and spitting for six at work due to being 203.5 at 930 am when early weigh ins started at 5pm. I was on the first try, ate and drank all night ofcourse with diarrhea following but confirmed I am a warrior and this was apart of the battle. I'm still young and you should be aware of the dangers, if you want it bad enough you'll put it all on the line. Continue to achieve new pr's and let me know if your extended cut allowed you to retain the strengh gains you had acheived previously.
          2010 USPF Push/Pull 198 Winner
          2010 USAPL AZ State 198 Open Raw Champion
          2010 USPF State Championships- Open 2nd place 198
          2011 USPF Region 7 198 Open Champion
          2011 USPF AZ RAWPower 198 Open Winner
          MPC Labs Sponsored Athlete

Comment

I woke up the day of weigh ins at 5am and 2.5lbs off, ran 2 miles sat in sauna for 45min, that was 7am, ate and drank nothing until weigh-ins at 9 and had lost 3.8lbs, well under my goal, lifted the next day around 186. I have the bodyfat to cut a week out and still be perfectly fine strength wise, i just did not want to throw everything off wack by being awake for over 36 hrs

Comment

My cut differs from Kroc for the fact I sleep, I'm not cutting 2+ like him. Did you hit new pr's, I mean over 'gym' numbers?

Comment

Yes, bested my bench by 11lbs and my dead by 17, only a push pull meet

Comment

That technique works for you! If your confident in it don't ever change it if you want to win, good job

Comment

If you want to weight cut then you doing regular exercise. Exercises are one of the most important item for the weight cut.
                    chino hills diet

Comment

Originally posted by Karlery View Post
                      If you want to weight cut then you doing regular exercise. Exercises are one of the most important item for the weight cut.
                      Seriously, where do you guys come from. If I'm doing exercises regularly I'm regularly exercising on a consistent daily basis consistently regulary as usual.
                      For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Originally posted by Karlery View Post
                        What are you talking about, I've never had to do cardio or lift to help me w the cut. If your cutting weight to make weigh in why do something that's gonna make you have to replace glycogen lost or flush lactic acid out? You will have to use methods like eating and drinking to do so or your going to end up with muscles not willing to perform placing you worst off than bf cutting and just competing at a higher weight class. Ive cut 12+ pounds within 24-36 hrs bf a comp weigh-in 3 times with atleast 12 hrs bf the comp using no cardio and put all weight back plus hit PRS. We're not talking about longterm weight loss here on this board buddy and it can be assumed that 90+% are already exercising regularly ; )

Comment

Originally posted by MPC5000WATTS View Post
                          What are you talking about, I've never had to do cardio or lift to help me w the cut. If your cutting weight to make weigh in why do something that's gonna make you have to replace glycogen lost or flush lactic acid out? You will have to use methods like eating and drinking to do so or your going to end up with muscles not willing to perform placing you worst off than bf cutting and just competing at a higher weight class. Ive cut 12+ pounds within 24-36 hrs bf a comp weigh-in 3 times with atleast 12 hrs bf the comp using no cardio and put all weight back plus hit PRS. We're not talking about longterm weight loss here on this board buddy and it can be assumed that 90+% are already exercising regularly ; )
                          Just a troll/spammer, but man these guys aggravate me, plus I'm cutting for SPF nationals right now which doesn't help.
                          For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
                            Just a troll/spammer, but man these guys aggravate me, plus I'm cutting for SPF nationals right now which doesn't help.
                            I hear you! That was me last week, I litterally snapped when my fiance asked me what I wanted for dinner as Im in the sauna. I told her "you've been with me since the start, you know how the program goes, never ask me that question again if you dont want me to react the way Im reactting now!"
                            If you dont mind sharing what numbers are you going for, in what weight class?

Comment

Working...
                            X