Squat and Dead video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squat and Dead video

I don't post here often, but lurk all the time. Here are some vids from a meet I did yesterday. BW 228.

3rd attempts for both. Not bothering to put the bench up because it was 270, which I believe we all probably did in 10th grade. Squat is actually a walked out, non knee wrap PR, and dead is an all time pr. Not bad for only pulling as heavy as 465 for 5 in training for the past 5 months.

[YOUTUBE]7KgX0W5gOfY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZrDkCEQNH3o[/YOUTUBE]
    Use code MWR170 to save money on your order at TrueProtein.com.

Didn't see or hear the #'s. What did you pull/squat?

Comment

Sorry realized that after posting. Squat was 505 and dead was 605. BW was 228.

Comment

wow and you only pulled 465 in training. Very impressive..... next up 550 squat and 655 dead 8)
        The only easy day is yesterday

Comment

Excellent lifting man
          "You need never feel broken again"

Comment

Originally posted by 53greystreet View Post
            Excellent lifting man
            Thanks, your comments about my deadlifting last fall really helped out. Feel I got rid of that yanking motion at the beginning completely. Don't know if that contributed to my bicep tear, but it wasn't helping either.

Comment

Originally posted by c-dawg View Post
              wow and you only pulled 465 in training. Very impressive..... next up 550 squat and 655 dead 8)
              I am just thinking 510 and 610 for now, but we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Lifer View Post
                I am just thinking 510 and 610 for now, but we will see.
                Great mindset.

And that's awesome to hear you had such success with submaximal lifts in training.

I'm assuming you're a disciple of 5/3/1?
                Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Squat was absolutely buried!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                    Great mindset.

And that's awesome to hear you had such success with submaximal lifts in training.

I'm assuming you're a disciple of 5/3/1?
                    Have done 5/3/1 before and do like the philosophy behind it. After tearing my bicep in September and having surgery, I just stayed away from training until cleared by the doctor. Started up again the last week of October and did the madcow 5x5 to get my lifts back up. So squatting 3 times per week. I had to re-set the weights one time during the whole process because I got sick and missed two sessions, but pretty much progressed each week. Started very light and just stayed consistent. De-loaded this week and we are away on vacation this upcoming week. When I re-start May 1, going to follow the juggernaut method. Probably going to compete at the IPA raw nationals in August, so might see you there.

465 for 5 with deads with the most I did for reps. The deadlift workout 2 weeks prior to the meet, to get an idea of an opener, I did pull 510 for a single, but it wasn't like I was working with those types of weights. Most I squatted was 415 for 5 in training and then did 425 for a single later that week to see how that felt for an opener. All in all went well, just need to get the bench back up.

Comment

Working...
                    X