Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavy hitter
    replied
    search around in the doggpound for a thread called DC training for newbies or something like that. it is basically an entire workout schedule and you can pick and choose which exercises you want

Leave a comment:

• PinchePanzon
    replied
    sweet muscle mayham has some good info

cheers

Leave a comment:

• Egill
    replied
    If you want to read, then here is the link to the original cfp (cycle for pennies) on the old chemical anarchy board, don't post there and keep in mind that this is where it all started so some things might be a bit outdated: cfp

And here is the dogg log on muscle mayhem, there are answers to almost every question there: dogg log

Sorry the stickeys seem to be a bunch of posts stuck together to make a bunch of big ass psuedo-articles.
    lol, I know it's pretty confusing,........ Dante just writes something when he has time or when someone asks him questions so this isn't well organized.

or not...I'm actually liking this homebrew abreviated training schedule i got now
    well, when the progrem slows down you'll know what to do,........... I'd maybe finish the blast as it is and then find 3 exercises per body part for next blast, just an idea.

Leave a comment:

• PinchePanzon
    replied
    Originally posted by Egill
    I assumed that you knew that you were supposed to rotate 3 exercises per body part,..... why,..... because personally I'we read that many times, in cycle for pennies, in the dogg log on muscle mayhem, in the sticky's here f.ex.,... so I doubt that you have read that all (which I would recommend),.....but somehow you didn't notice so relax, we are here to help you.

And I don't know of any people here that make a living of theire opinion here, f.ex. Dante and In-Human train people DC style pretty much because they like helping people get thei're goals. And people here can be anal because they get tired of it when somebody asks questions that are obviously answered in the sticky's and want everything spoonfed to them instead of reading it themselves.
    Actually I did read the stickeys I just missed the cycling of three excercisses. Sorry the stickeys seem to be a bunch of posts stuck together to make a bunch of big ass psuedo-articles.

is there something that one can read from begining to end and get the jist of the DC foundation ...how abouts you post me a link so you don't have to spoon feed me :flip:

also how about the links to CFP

or not...I'm actually liking this homebrew abreviated training schedule i got now

Leave a comment:

• Egill
    replied
    Originally posted by PinchePanzon
    I wasen't aware that I WASEN'T doing DC. Not to be a prick but why are people so anal on this board. If I'm doing something wrong then tell me what I'm doing wrong insted of just telling me I'm wrong :angry: I assme it is because alot of people on here make a living of their opinion on here...
    I assumed that you knew that you were supposed to rotate 3 exercises per body part,..... why,..... because personally I'we read that many times, in cycle for pennies, in the dogg log on muscle mayhem, in the sticky's here f.ex.,... so I doubt that you have read that all (which I would recommend),.....but somehow you didn't notice so relax, we are here to help you.

And I don't know of any people here that make a living of theire opinion here, f.ex. Dante and In-Human train people DC style pretty much because they like helping people get thei're goals. And people here can be anal because they get tired of it when somebody asks questions that are obviously answered in the sticky's and want everything spoonfed to them instead of reading it themselves.

Leave a comment:

• heavy hitter
    replied
    hold your horses there big guy. almost no one on this board makes money by offering advice.dante and IH are two of the only one's i can think of. but your not gonna get any good advice with an additude like that. if you really want some help in straightening out this program then either egill or myself would be glad to help

Leave a comment:

• PinchePanzon
    replied
    I wasen't aware that I WASEN'T doing DC. Not to be a prick but why are people so anal on this board. If I'm doing something wrong then tell me what I'm doing wrong insted of just telling me I'm wrong :angry: I assme it is because alot of people on here make a living of their opinion on here...
    Last edited by PinchePanzon; 12-07-2004, 12:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Egill
    replied
    Originally posted by PinchePanzon
    Its just 1 excercise per body part
    in your first post you said that you've been training DC for two weeks now but like heavy hitter said, this isn't DC training,... Dante doesn't like people calling a training DC training unless they follow the main principles, and one of them is definitely rotating 3 exercises per bodypart.......... so don't you have enough exercises to rotate 3 per bodypart or did you just chooce to do 1 exercise per body part?

Leave a comment:

• heavy hitter
    replied
    i hate to break it to you but what you are doing is not DC training. i'm not saying it wont work for you, it's just not DC. and a 20 rep set for deads is no good. instead do a set of eight and then an even heavier set of 4-6. as soon as you can do more than eight or so reps on the first set up the weight

Leave a comment:

• PinchePanzon
    replied
    Dec 6

HS Shoilder press
    95 x 20

HS incline press
    150 x 20

HS tricep pushdown
    200 x 15

Seated lat cable pulls
    150 x16

deadlift
    315 x 8
    365 x 4

A questin on the deadlift...How should I be increasing the weight on the deadlift? can I just do one 20 rep set?

Note:
    I weighed my self after my workout...238lbs, I had a pretty steady weight of 226-232 lbs over the last few months. Probably a bunch of water from all the food i stuffed my self with over the weekend. :dcchomp:
    Last edited by PinchePanzon; 12-07-2004, 02:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PinchePanzon
    replied
    Its just 1 excercise per body part

Leave a comment:

• Egill
    replied
    I'm actually tring to switch things up a bit (hence all the hammer strength in my program) thus I selected excercises which I haven't done in a long time.
    that sounds logical, if you feel somewhat stagnated in your old exercises.

Some body correct me if I'm wrong but dosen't placeing the feet high in the leg press elicit mostly hamstring use? anyways I'm done with that excrcise since my performance on that excercise is proportional to how much pain i can stand in my hip joint goodbye legpress...hello stiff leged deadlift or something
    placing the legs high elicits more hamstrings. This exercise sounds like sumo press, which is a hamstring exercise some DC'ers use,..... only the heels are on the platform so you get very little quad involvement and mostly ham, your legs are also pretty wide on the platform,.. try to feel the exercise in your glutes and hams (keep in mind that this exercise only works on some leg presses, you have to feel that yourself, some leg presses just feel akward doing this)

If you are having problems with your hips then I'd definitely stop doing that exercise,.... it might be a technique problem (foot placement) since you are using a lot of weight,..... are you sure that your lower back is not rounding, you might be trying to go too deep.

Actually its the same thing i just typed it wrong
    Ok, like I said above I would not use the same forearm exercise more than once.

you haven't asked my question if you have 3 exercises per bodypart? because "nov 29" looks very similar to "dec.1",... I'm confused.

Leave a comment:

• PinchePanzon
    replied
    looks good, a few thoughts:

HS tricep press
    ----Personally I'd go for more compound exercises like close grip bench (armpit width) and reverse grip bench, or skullcrushers (skullcrushers give me a nice stretch if I'm lying with my head slightly out of the bench and the bar goes behind my head).
    I'm actually tring to switch things up a bit (hence all the hammer strength in my program) thus I selected excercises which I haven't done in a long time.

I see "Standing rev. grip cable curl" on one day and "Rev. Grip cable curl" on another,..... I'd rather use just one type of reverse grip cable curl (I do one arm at a time) and then go for pinwheel curls and hammer curls.

(ps. I'm not saying you have to change those exercises)
    Actually its the same thing i just typed it wrong :chair:

you are using pretty much weight here,...... you might be using to much quads since this is a ham exercise, I dunno??.

edit,..... hey wait a minute, "nov 29" looks very similar to "dec.1",..... that aint no two weeks,.. don't you have 3 exercises per body part??
    Some body correct me if I'm wrong but dosen't placeing the feet high in the leg press elicit mostly hamstring use? anyways I'm done with that excrcise since my performance on that excercise is proportional to how much pain i can stand in my hip joint :flip: goodbye legpress...hello stiff leged deadlift or something

Leave a comment:

• Egill
    replied
    looks good, a few thoughts:

HS tricep press
    ----Personally I'd go for more compound exercises like close grip bench (armpit width) and reverse grip bench, or skullcrushers (skullcrushers give me a nice stretch if I'm lying with my head slightly out of the bench and the bar goes behind my head).

I see "Standing rev. grip cable curl" on one day and "Rev. Grip cable curl" on another,..... I'd rather use just one type of reverse grip cable curl (I do one arm at a time) and then go for pinwheel curls and hammer curls.

(ps. I'm not saying you have to change those exercises)

feet high leg press
    225 x 15, 380 x 15, 450 x 15
    540 x 15
    you are using pretty much weight here,...... you might be using to much quads since this is a ham exercise, I dunno??.

edit,..... hey wait a minute, "nov 29" looks very similar to "dec.1",..... that aint no two weeks,.. don't you have 3 exercises per body part??
    Last edited by Egill; 12-05-2004, 11:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PinchePanzon
    replied
    Dec 3

HS preacher curl
    45 x 8, 45 x 8
    92.5 x 15

Rev cable curl
    50 x 8, 50 x 8
    102.5 x 12

Seated calf raise
    45 x 5, 90 x 8
    162.5 x 12

feet high leg press
    180 x 10 360 x 8
    540 x 20

I think this was my last leg press sessin for a little while. My left leg is slightly longer then my right. When doing exercises wher my feet and hips are locked between two parallel planes creates a force within my left hip joint that feels as if my leg is gonna pop out of it socket. no good. I like the leg press but I like my legs more :smooch:

Front squat
    135 x 5 185x 5
    225 x 10

Leave a comment:

Working...
X