Pinche Panzon's Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinche Panzon's Journal

Hi new member... been training GeeCee for two weeks now.

Current stats:
    25 y/o
    6' 230 lbs %bf unknown

would appreciate input on my excercise selection and any other parts of the training regiment.

Wednesday Nov. 24

Hammer strength preacher curl
    WU sets 45 x 8, x 8, 70 x 8
    W set 90 x 10 x 2 x 2

Standing rev. grip cable curl
    70 x8, 70 x10, 90 x8
    100 x 14

Seated Calf raise
    45 x 8, 90 x 8, 135 x 10
    160 x 12

Monday nov 22 was last leg workout so I didint do an excerices for hams

30 deg. Hack Squat
    90 x 8 , 180 x 8, 270 x15
    Last edited by PinchePanzon; 12-08-2004, 02:05 AM.

Friday Nov. 26

Hammer Strength incline press
    90 x8, 90 x8
    140 x 15 x 5

HS Shoulder Press
    50 x 8 , 50 x 8
    90 x15

HS tricep press
    50 x 8 , 50 x 8
    90 x 20

Came to gym late ..it was closing..skiped back width...went directly to back thickness

Deadlifts
    135 x 5, 185 x 5, 225 x5
    275 x8
    315 x4

Comment

nov. 29

HS preacer curl
      45 x 12 , 45 x 12, 45 x 12
      90 x 14 x 3

Rev. Grip cable curl
      50 x 8 , 50 x 8
      100 x 15

seated calf raise
      45 x 12 , 90 x 12
      160 x 13

feet high leg press
      225 x 15, 380 x 15, 450 x 15
      540 x 15

hack squat
      90 x 12, 90 x 12, 180 x 12, 270 x 15
      360 x 13 x 2

Comment

Dec. 1

HS inc. press
        50 x 12, 50 x 12
        145 x 17

HS shoulder press
        50 x 12, 50 x 12
        90 x20

HS tri press
        50 x 8, 50 x 8, 90 x 8
        180 x 15
        little weak in the range of motion department wil adjust next time

Wide grip lat pulls
        100 x 12, 100 x12
        150 x 13

Dead lifts
        135 x 5, 225 x5
        295 x 8
        325 x 4

Comment

Dec 3

HS preacher curl
          45 x 8, 45 x 8
          92.5 x 15

Rev cable curl
          50 x 8, 50 x 8
          102.5 x 12

Seated calf raise
          45 x 5, 90 x 8
          162.5 x 12

feet high leg press
          180 x 10 360 x 8
          540 x 20

I think this was my last leg press sessin for a little while. My left leg is slightly longer then my right. When doing exercises wher my feet and hips are locked between two parallel planes creates a force within my left hip joint that feels as if my leg is gonna pop out of it socket. no good. I like the leg press but I like my legs more :smooch:

Front squat
          135 x 5 185x 5
          225 x 10

Comment

looks good, a few thoughts:

HS tricep press
            ----Personally I'd go for more compound exercises like close grip bench (armpit width) and reverse grip bench, or skullcrushers (skullcrushers give me a nice stretch if I'm lying with my head slightly out of the bench and the bar goes behind my head).

I see "Standing rev. grip cable curl" on one day and "Rev. Grip cable curl" on another,..... I'd rather use just one type of reverse grip cable curl (I do one arm at a time) and then go for pinwheel curls and hammer curls.

(ps. I'm not saying you have to change those exercises)

feet high leg press
            225 x 15, 380 x 15, 450 x 15
            540 x 15
            you are using pretty much weight here,...... you might be using to much quads since this is a ham exercise, I dunno??.

edit,..... hey wait a minute, "nov 29" looks very similar to "dec.1",..... that aint no two weeks,.. don't you have 3 exercises per body part??
            Last edited by Egill; 12-05-2004, 11:50 PM.
            each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
            for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Originally posted by Egill
              looks good, a few thoughts:

HS tricep press
              ----Personally I'd go for more compound exercises like close grip bench (armpit width) and reverse grip bench, or skullcrushers (skullcrushers give me a nice stretch if I'm lying with my head slightly out of the bench and the bar goes behind my head).
              I'm actually tring to switch things up a bit (hence all the hammer strength in my program) thus I selected excercises which I haven't done in a long time.

I see "Standing rev. grip cable curl" on one day and "Rev. Grip cable curl" on another,..... I'd rather use just one type of reverse grip cable curl (I do one arm at a time) and then go for pinwheel curls and hammer curls.

(ps. I'm not saying you have to change those exercises)
              Actually its the same thing i just typed it wrong :chair:

you are using pretty much weight here,...... you might be using to much quads since this is a ham exercise, I dunno??.

edit,..... hey wait a minute, "nov 29" looks very similar to "dec.1",..... that aint no two weeks,.. don't you have 3 exercises per body part??
              Some body correct me if I'm wrong but dosen't placeing the feet high in the leg press elicit mostly hamstring use? anyways I'm done with that excrcise since my performance on that excercise is proportional to how much pain i can stand in my hip joint :flip: goodbye legpress...hello stiff leged deadlift or something

Comment

I'm actually tring to switch things up a bit (hence all the hammer strength in my program) thus I selected excercises which I haven't done in a long time.
                that sounds logical, if you feel somewhat stagnated in your old exercises.

Some body correct me if I'm wrong but dosen't placeing the feet high in the leg press elicit mostly hamstring use? anyways I'm done with that excrcise since my performance on that excercise is proportional to how much pain i can stand in my hip joint goodbye legpress...hello stiff leged deadlift or something
                placing the legs high elicits more hamstrings. This exercise sounds like sumo press, which is a hamstring exercise some DC'ers use,..... only the heels are on the platform so you get very little quad involvement and mostly ham, your legs are also pretty wide on the platform,.. try to feel the exercise in your glutes and hams (keep in mind that this exercise only works on some leg presses, you have to feel that yourself, some leg presses just feel akward doing this)

If you are having problems with your hips then I'd definitely stop doing that exercise,.... it might be a technique problem (foot placement) since you are using a lot of weight,..... are you sure that your lower back is not rounding, you might be trying to go too deep.

Actually its the same thing i just typed it wrong
                Ok, like I said above I would not use the same forearm exercise more than once.

you haven't asked my question if you have 3 exercises per bodypart? because "nov 29" looks very similar to "dec.1",... I'm confused.

Comment

Its just 1 excercise per body part

Comment

Dec 6

HS Shoilder press
                    95 x 20

HS incline press
                    150 x 20

HS tricep pushdown
                    200 x 15

Seated lat cable pulls
                    150 x16

deadlift
                    315 x 8
                    365 x 4

A questin on the deadlift...How should I be increasing the weight on the deadlift? can I just do one 20 rep set?

Note:
                    I weighed my self after my workout...238lbs, I had a pretty steady weight of 226-232 lbs over the last few months. Probably a bunch of water from all the food i stuffed my self with over the weekend. :dcchomp:
                    Last edited by PinchePanzon; 12-07-2004, 02:24 AM.

Comment

i hate to break it to you but what you are doing is not DC training. i'm not saying it wont work for you, it's just not DC. and a 20 rep set for deads is no good. instead do a set of eight and then an even heavier set of 4-6. as soon as you can do more than eight or so reps on the first set up the weight
                      My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Originally posted by PinchePanzon
                        Its just 1 excercise per body part
                        in your first post you said that you've been training DC for two weeks now but like heavy hitter said, this isn't DC training,... Dante doesn't like people calling a training DC training unless they follow the main principles, and one of them is definitely rotating 3 exercises per bodypart.......... so don't you have enough exercises to rotate 3 per bodypart or did you just chooce to do 1 exercise per body part?

Comment

I wasen't aware that I WASEN'T doing DC. Not to be a prick but why are people so anal on this board. If I'm doing something wrong then tell me what I'm doing wrong insted of just telling me I'm wrong :angry: I assme it is because alot of people on here make a living of their opinion on here...
                          Last edited by PinchePanzon; 12-07-2004, 12:49 PM.

Comment

hold your horses there big guy. almost no one on this board makes money by offering advice.dante and IH are two of the only one's i can think of. but your not gonna get any good advice with an additude like that. if you really want some help in straightening out this program then either egill or myself would be glad to help
                            My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Originally posted by PinchePanzon
                              I wasen't aware that I WASEN'T doing DC. Not to be a prick but why are people so anal on this board. If I'm doing something wrong then tell me what I'm doing wrong insted of just telling me I'm wrong :angry: I assme it is because alot of people on here make a living of their opinion on here...
                              I assumed that you knew that you were supposed to rotate 3 exercises per body part,..... why,..... because personally I'we read that many times, in cycle for pennies, in the dogg log on muscle mayhem, in the sticky's here f.ex.,... so I doubt that you have read that all (which I would recommend),.....but somehow you didn't notice so relax, we are here to help you.

And I don't know of any people here that make a living of theire opinion here, f.ex. Dante and In-Human train people DC style pretty much because they like helping people get thei're goals. And people here can be anal because they get tired of it when somebody asks questions that are obviously answered in the sticky's and want everything spoonfed to them instead of reading it themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X