HIT or Miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIT or Miss

Hey all. My name is David. I'm starting a journal here for fun and to get feedback from different people. Just starting a HIT program, don't know alot about it but have a few people helping out. Here is how it's starting-

Day 1- Chest/Back
    BP
    Incline DB Flye
    Bent Row
    Pull-up
    Dead

Day 2- Legs/Bi's
    Squat
    Leg Ext
    SLDL
    Sitting Calf Raise
    BB Curl
    Hammer Curl

Day 3- Shoulders/Tris
    Behind Neck MP
    Side Lateral
    CG Bench
    BB Shrug
    Abs

All exercises have only 1 working set and that set is taken to failure and beyond if possible. As I progress and plateau, some exercises will be removed.

Tuesday

MP-
    145x6
    135x8

Side Lateral DB Raise-
    25 x 7, rest then 4 more. (3 sec static holds of the top of each movement. After the 11th rep kept doing partials until I couldn't move my arm any longer)

CG Bench-
    185x5
    155x10

BB Shrug-
    245 x 16

Decline Sit-up-
    30x6

Tough workout. I really need to work on intensity. Would be much easier if I had a spotter. Went to a new gym that had a cage I could work in so no big deal if I got stuck, but hated the gym. Won't go back.

Some of the weights I picked were off, so I did a second set. The MP started behind neck but that hurt so I stopped on the 6 rep and just did it over in front. I think I'll do Abs on the cable next time (rope crunches).

Until I really get the intensity down, I may even add in a few more exercises like Tri overhead press to finish off the muscle. I don't know. W/O took about 25 min but most of that was setting up the equipment in the cage. Next time will def grab a spotter on each exercise.

Comment

Working...
    X