Andy Hank's Training Log

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Henke_prytz View Post
    Are you moving closer to the 3 way split?
    It's a lot like another 3 way routine Dante would use.

The frequency is still there so I like it. I'm not sure how it was used for advanced guys but for me it's good to get quicker sessions.

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=50148
    Last edited by andishehhank; 06-06-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Saw the video mate you're looking good. I don't have a before but you seem to have slimmed down a lot Good job
      Down to about 302 lb/137 kg now

So all is good with whatever I'm doing.

Another 5 kg lost will complete my weight loss goal.

I am really tired considering I am training to gain muscle and losing weight but it is good for my character. I would like to keep losing weight after that but I'm interested with a more true recomp for a while, because the stored body fat is supportive of muscle growth, because it provides the calorie excess. If I got lean right away, I would need to overeat a lot more to gain the weight back. You know I was pretty chubby for a while so I took a moment to make myself look a little bit more acceptable before taking time to recomp again.
      Last edited by andishehhank; 06-06-2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• A2

Incline barbell press 245x4 Ss
        Flat hammer strength press +290x5 Ss
        Pec deck 215x13 Ss

Standing barbell press 185x9 rp

Close grip smith press 295x9 rp

I was gonna do three exercises for delts but I could not pr on my standing barbell press as I got 5 reps on my first set and last time I got 6 so I went ahead to rest pause it and I am okay with 9 reps. (5+2+2)

Gym equipment looks missing and it was unusually busy so I took a quick and good tricep exercise and did it rest paused for (5+2+2) again I believe.

Was fun and that’s that.

Today I had 1/2 cup dry oats, 40g whey, a banana and some spoons of peanut butter in a smoothie for breakfast. Then I had a cheap burrito from Taco Bell shortly. After that peanut butter on a slice of sourdough and 40g whey. Then I had chicken and rice for preworkout and now I had some yogurt drinks and a protein bar. That wraps up the food for today.
        Last edited by andishehhank; 06-08-2018, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by andishehhank View Post
          Down to about 302 lb/137 kg now

So all is good with whatever I'm doing.

Another 5 kg lost will complete my weight loss goal.

I am really tired considering I am training to gain muscle and losing weight but it is good for my character. I would like to keep losing weight after that but I'm interested with a more true recomp for a while, because the stored body fat is supportive of muscle growth, because it provides the calorie excess. If I got lean right away, I would need to overeat a lot more to gain the weight back. You know I was pretty chubby for a while so I took a moment to make myself look a little bit more acceptable before taking time to recomp again.
          Shit you're so close to reaching that goal of yours that must be really exciting Good job mate!

Originally posted by andishehhank View Post
          A2

Incline barbell press 245x4 Ss
          Flat hammer strength press +290x5 Ss
          Pec deck 215x13 Ss

Standing barbell press 185x9 rp

Close grip smith press 295x9 rp

I was gonna do three exercises for delts but I could not pr on my standing barbell press as I got 5 reps on my first set and last time I got 6 so I went ahead to rest pause it and I am okay with 9 reps. (5+2+2)

Gym equipment looks missing and it was unusually busy so I took a quick and good tricep exercise and did it rest paused for (5+2+2) again I believe.

Was fun and that’s that.

Today I had 1/2 cup dry oats, 40g whey, a banana and some spoons of peanut butter in a smoothie for breakfast. Then I had a cheap burrito from Taco Bell shortly. After that peanut butter on a slice of sourdough and 40g whey. Then I had chicken and rice for preworkout and now I had some yogurt drinks and a protein bar. That wraps up the food for today.
          Good workout mate Shit you really don't eat a lot!!! Haha if I ate that I'd be starving (I don't mean to be rude or anything just surprised )

Comment

Shit you're so close to reaching that goal of yours that must be really exciting Good job mate!

Good workout mate Shit you really don't eat a lot!!! Haha if I ate that I'd be starving (I don't mean to be rude or anything just surprised )
            I think my diet could be better, but it's working so I'll take it. I weighed 299.6 lb/ 131 kg this morning. I walked like 2 hours yesterday.

Comment

• Alright IM, here we go. B2

One arm Hammer Strength Row: + 360 each side x 19 RP on the right, 22 RP on the left

Pull Ups (3/4 ROM, slight body english but its better than the machine) BW x 10 RP

Shrugs 405 x 17 RP

Under Grip Bicep Pulldown (partial reps to keep lats out, this saves energy to put more into the bicep contraction) 265x 13 RP

Pull Up Static Hold BW + 20 x 40 seconds

There we go IM

I tried to do Rack pulls on the smith machine but it was too awkward...I'll do Stiff Legs tommorow

I tried to do the standing one arm DB curls but I was too lazy to warm up and stopped at like 2 reps. They were 65 lbs.

It was a cool workout. I got in the gym at 11 PM because I had to go to a dinner.
              Last edited by andishehhank; 06-09-2018, 04:35 AM.

Comment

• C2

Smith Squat: 315x11 SS
                Leg Extension: Level 17/18 x 19 RP
                Romanian Deadlift 365x7 SS
                Lying Leg Curl 200x19 RP
                Calves on Horizontal Leg Press 420x15 RP

Good weekend workout. Got in, got out, got it done well. Tomorrow is my off day, and I might skip the cardio if I don't wake up early enough because I got to be somewhere.

Comment

• Sup guys, I'm not going to make the fasted morning cardio today, so I've skipped the carbohydrates for breakfast. I had 40 grams of whey protein with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Weighed in at just under 298.8 today, which is another pound down.

Comment

• A3

Flat Barbell Press 265x11 RP
                    Seated DB Press 90sx8 RP
                    Overhead Tricep Extension 105x15 RP

I'm too damn tired to keep working out for long sessions. So I did rest paused sets. The only PRs are the triceps so that's where I'm at tonight. Edit: actually the triceps are not a pr either.
                    Last edited by andishehhank; 06-13-2018, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• B3

Undergrip Lat Pulldown 265 x 9 RP
                      V Grip Seated Row 265 x 13 RP
                      Sumo Rack Deadlift 515 x 6 SS
                      Preacher Curl Machine 210 x 14 RP
                      DB Farmers Hold 120s x 1:07 RP

Comment

• C3

Hack Sled 4 plates x 16 SS
                        Leg Extension 180 x 13 SS
                        Seated Leg Curl 225 x 15 RP
                        Seated Calves 140 x 5 SS

Tonight I went to a different gym. I got to try a hack sled and it felt great; good for what it's worth for an evening. I had to hurry out so I didn't get to do a long set for my calves.

Comment

A3

Smith flat bench 315x6
                          Dips BW + 50x 5
                          Pec deck +250x8

Hammer strength stack loaded press + 155 each arm x 7, +135x9, +115x11

JM press 135x5,5
                          Cable rope press down 150x11

The first set of shoulders uses the full stack, and the JM presses are safe for the elbows so that’s why I did them.

Like the last few tries, I got a lot of fails on chest, 275x5 flat bench, 335x3 smith bench, 295x5 smith bench. I also failed my 225 attempt on shoulder presses at 80 degrees on the smith. Not even one rep there. It’s hard to discover why my chest strength looks to have increased on some lifts but not others. I think my mind muscle connection is distracted.
                          A1

Flat Barbell Press 275x6 RP, 245x11 RP
                          Standing OHP 185x8 4RP, 155x12 RP
                          JM Press 135x14 RP

I have lost strength on my flat barbell and OHP but these are PRs from the last time I did them nevertheless. I did 2 sets for each just to get more volume since I couldn't beat my all time frequency. (EDIT: actually i got 9 reps in 3 rest paused on my last OHP attempt but here I put in more workload.) On other certain exercises for my same muscles I seem to be getting stronger just fine. I did 4 sets in my first rest pause set for my deltoids because I got more reps in my 3rd set than my 2nd set so I have it a 4th go. My JM presses are a PR and with better form. Here I quoted my last workout, and that's how I'm gonna post my new workouts now. But tonight I did different exercises because honestly I don't like waiting for people to get off machines/equipment. I have noticed sometimes people don't want to be rushed off their equipment so I don't like dealing with that.

If I get to go on vacation then I will take my cruise the starting the same week as it. If not, I'll probably and might cruise some way else.
                          Last edited by andishehhank; 06-18-2018, 02:23 PM.

Comment

B3

Wide cable pull down 235x14 RP
                            Smith bent over row 275x10, 295x8, 315x5 SSs
                            V cable pull down 220x12 SS
                            Deadlift 455x4 SS
                            Shrugs 365x15 RP

Basic back day. Last time I would use split training was in '15.
                            Deadlifts are a PR but by just a rep.
                            Slight kipping chin up BW x 9 RP
                            Hammer strength high row 370 x 12 RP
                            Deadlift 455 x 5 SS
                            Barbell curl 125 x 8 RP
                            Straight bar seated cable hold 250 x 1:14 RP
                            Last edited by andishehhank; 06-19-2018, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• C1

Squat 335x5 obviously SS
                              Super squat machine 5 plates/+450 x 14 SS (Not to parallel)
                              Nautilus leg extensions 205 x 19 RP
                              Lying leg curl 200 x 15 RP?, 160 x 12 SS
                              Calves on Nautilus leg press 440 x 12 RP

Squats were the best I could give, I’ll take the PR

Super squats machine I didn’t go to parallel because the knee risk wasn’t worth it

I used the other leg extension machine because it was open and my usual one wasn’t when I needed to do them

Everything else was the usual. Another rest day tommorow.

Comment

• A2

Incline Smith Press (Notch 6/8) (About 45 degrees I'd say) 225 x 11
                                Notch 5/8 245 x 6
                                Notch 4/8 265 x 4
                                Notch 3/8 285 x 2
                                Notch 2/8 305 x 2

Standing Lateral Raise

45s x 10
                                50s x 9
                                55s x 6

Seated DB Press

80s x 8, 7

Rope Cable Pressdown 150 x 10
                                Skullcrusher 100 x 10
                                Overhead EZ Extensions 70 x 13
                                Close Grip Push Ups BW x 12

Lots of volume but hey I gave it a go. No rest pauses again. I'll be back to see where I am at next go.

Comment

Working...
                                X