No announcement yet.

New DC training routine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You planning on competing in powerlifting?
    The conjugate method is fun!!!
    If You got a pretty equipped gym and smash through exercise prs each week
    And I loved 5 th week of repetition method records

And even better if you have the accommodating resistance available (bands, chains)
    training inquiries train2blaze@gmail.com
    Truenutriton discount code skpapp7
    IG @train2blaze
    Facebook Nick Williams
    2016 flex Lewis classic men’s physique open 2nd place
    2016 music city muscle men's open physique 3rd place

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Williams View Post
      You planning on competing in powerlifting?
      The conjugate method is fun!!!
      If You got a pretty equipped gym and smash through exercise prs each week
      And I loved 5 th week of repetition method records

And even better if you have the accommodating resistance available (bands, chains)
      thanks for telling me about the conjugate method. I had been doing something similar, but not quite to the extent as to what articles have been telling me. That's def. something I can use to my advantage this year.
      also can the conjugate method be used in Westside and 5/3/1? Because I was going to just create a monster schedule combining all three so that ill be plenty busy progessing and tweaking things along the way.
      " We are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron"

Comment

Actually I'm going to just experiment around with some things. Ive been reading that there is no one strict way of doing westside. 5/3/1 kind of explains itself, but I think I'm going to mix 5/3/1 with some conjugate training just to see how I can tune things to my liking

Comment

Originally posted by PlanetCybertron View Post
          thanks for telling me about the conjugate method. I had been doing something similar, but not quite to the extent as to what articles have been telling me. That's def. something I can use to my advantage this year.
          also can the conjugate method be used in Westside and 5/3/1? Because I was going to just create a monster schedule combining all three so that ill be plenty busy progessing and tweaking things along the way.
          Westside is a conjugate training method. Google Conjugate system with Louie Simmons and you should get some awesome stuff. I've found its always best to read the thought process of the man behind the system (in this case Louie Simmons because he's the originator of Westsides version of conjugate) and use that train of thought for any variations you might add in later.

Comment

Originally posted by austin109 View Post
            Westside is a conjugate training method. Google Conjugate system with Louie Simmons and you should get some awesome stuff. I've found its always best to read the thought process of the man behind the system (in this case Louie Simmons because he's the originator of Westsides version of conjugate) and use that train of thought for any variations you might add in later.
            Oh okay I get it now. I thought that they were separate entities. But I understand now. Thanks for the heads up

Comment

today was max out attempts.
              Hit a new PR for deads and squat.
              Deads: 1 reps for 315
              Squat: 2 reps for 345lbs.

I was pretty shot after that so I couldn't max out on bench like I wanted.
              Healed up nicely from a slight SI tweak I had about two weeks ago.
              Put in an order for a new belt that I have been needing to get ever since I broke through the 250+ range.

Still not done putting together my new training routine, because theres some things I need to tweak for my gender, age, proportions, etc.

Comment

subscribed. thanks, Jaime
                Jaime Girard (2017)
                Texas, Florida, North Carolina

Comment

Pshhh....okay where to start.

Training has been going good. My back ha completely healed (turns out it was a disk injury in lower lumbar area)

Did I mention to switched to Westside training? No? Can't remember.

Lifts have semi-ish gone up?

I switched to sumo pulling so I decided to start over from zero.

Current sumo PR: 300lbs

Squat: 365lbs

Bench: 200lbs

I'm busting my ass to get to a 900lb total and I'm almost there. I have yet to attend a second meet. My nerves we unbelievably shot to the point that I knocked off 40 lbs just because I couldn't calm down enough. Cedar Park Texas is pretty though.

Been doing fun bouts of cardio and systems work throughout the week to keep fat gain at bay which seems to be working.

Carlories still @ ~3,000 at the very most on heavy/intense days. Not so much on off days or active days

I forget my body measurements so I couldn't tell anyone who asks.

Swimming. Lots and lots of swimming. Really helps with breathing technique and not feeling so tight and stiff when I wake up in the morning.

That's really it so far. I'll think of more things later on.

Comment

Jealous of that bench!
                    #docswholift
                    PGY-1 FM
                    "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by BiologyBabe View Post
                      subscribed. thanks, Jaime
                      Awwwwesome! Glad you can join in

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post
                        Jealous of that bench!
                        All credit can go to Westside training for that. The rep scheme they have combined with the total volume really does wonders even for us lady folks.

Comment

Another update:

Just now creeping past into approaching 3 years of training. And I'm itching to delve into DC stuff. However I will wait because patience brah. lol.

On a serious note I have started to cut back on fat. And I'm seeing progress in that area.

As for my lifts they have gone up slightly, but I haven't tested out another max since after logging my previous progress but before now. So:

Back squat: 370lbs (315 for 3 singles also a PR)

bench: 205lbs Not much of an increase

deadlift: 315 sumo pull

The secondary work for Westside is something I wasn't taking seriously, and my numbers showed it, but after taking it seriously as my main lifts, and focusing on volume as well as intensity my lifts are doing a lot better.

I have incorporated systems work and bodyweight work on off days to keep moving during cutting phase.

Other than that that's really it.
                          Last edited by PlanetCybertron; 06-04-2017, 08:50 PM. Reason: add more info

Comment

Another huge break. Finally returning

At the moment I've been prescribed to cut down around 20-25lbs concerning my back injury. Most days it's not anything bad, just some aches here and there.

Currently down 12-13ish pounds. Most likely going to continue this for 4 months or so, even though the Doc only suggested 2 months. Target weight is somewhere in the 180-185 range of where I wish to be.

After that I'm going to hop onto a second wave of 5/3/1, which I want to thank the nice folks on here for recommending that to me.

Looking forward to my next meet sometime in July or August of next year 2018.

New PRs i have hit as well:

405 squat

210 bench( hasn't really gone anywhere since I train it rather infrequently)

340 deadlift.

Hoping to see at least a 1,000lbs total before my next meet.

Comment

Working...
                            X