No Clever Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Clever Title

I miss posting here and logging here. Since the drama a lot of people have reached out and it made me miss the camaraderie even more. So I thought I would start this.

For those that don't know me. I'm an IM OG and was a mod here at one point. I joined back in 2004 while I was still in Iraq for the second time. That's actually where I got my first (then) True Protein order delivered. IM and the community here has been a part of my life since. I was a dumb, immature 22yr old when I came home and started posting. Now, 10 years later, I'm a dumb, only slightly more mature 32yr old. But I have learned a lot and shared a lot here. I made a number of good friends. Guys like Tony and Rich are even cooler in person than what you see here… Except Tony has herpes in real life.

So to cut this long story short…

I'm 32 and a former Marine grunt. I work full time as a firefighter, part time as a surgical ICU nurse, go to grad school for a Masters in Nursing, founded and run a non-profit for fight veterans suicide, have a beautiful wife who is a far better competitor than me, a Belgian Malinois as my best friend in the whole world and I lift weights for fun.
    Attached Files
    Adam2433
    IntenseMuscle Competitor
    Last edited by Adam2433; 11-12-2015, 04:03 PM.
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Welcome back
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

11/11 & 11/12

Bench yesterday. We are compiling a nice little crew. Many of them are competing at the meet at the gym on 12/12. Some are newer lifters so I try to help them. I do not consider myself an expert by any means but I have been fortunate to have a lot of great lifters help me. I also think my own training is at an all time best and strongest after a bit of stagnation due to some things in and out of the gym.

competition bench
      335x5
      350x3
      365x3
      405x3 with slingshot

tricep hell (chest/1,2,3,4,3,2 boards all in a row close grip)
      185x5 each height

floor skullcrushers
      95x10
      115x10
      135x10

planks 60 seconds
      45x1
      55x1
      70x1

calves while I chatted because they suck.

Today is my last day off. I have an Executive Board meeting for my non-profit and that is it. I work tomorrow in the SICU 7a-7p.

Comment

Good to have you back posting @IM....
        '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
        17 AAU Super Total
        '16-AAU Hi
        '15-USPA Metro
        '15-USPA State
        '15-AAU HI
        '14-AAU HI
        '14-USPA Metro
        '14-WABDL Sonny's
        '14-USPA State
        '14-HI Strongman
        '13-USPA
        '13-WABDL Sonny's
        '13-USPA State
        '13-AAU HI
        '11-USPA Metro
        '10-NPC Stingrey
        '09-NPC Islands
        '09-NPC Stingrey
        '09-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA IronWorks
        '01-NPC Paradise Cup
        '01-ABA Olympia
        '01-ABA Islands
        '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
        '00-INBF Musclefest
        '98-NGA Ill
        '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Sick pressing..as always.
          2005 HOA Natural Classic
          2006 OCB Midwest
          2007 ABA Natural Illinois
          2008 HOA Natural Classic
          NPC Mid-Illinois
          NPC Midwest Open
          NPC Natural Grand Prix
          2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
          USPA Illinois State
          NGA Heart of America
          NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

That's quite the bio! Glad you're journaling so I can follow.
            "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
            ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

11/14

Squat (speed)

cambered bar (below parallel box)
              315x2x5 sets
              335x2x1 set
              355x2x2 sets

seated leg curl
              160x10
              170x10
              180x10

bulgarian split squat
              25x15x3 sets

seated calf raise
              45x15
              55x15
              65x15
              75x15

Felt like shit today. As I get older my legs take longer and longer to warm up. I was very achey today. Didn't really feel warmed up no matter what I didm until I got to the 335. Took it easy otherwise with accessory stuff. Dropping my Upper Assistance/Bodybuilding day from here on out and going to watch with the accessory work. I still have a little bit to go especially if I have to push competing form 12/5 to 12/12. Don't want to peak too soon and crash.

Comment

Love the journal so far. Good intro. Nice getting to know someone a little more as one of the newer guys. I'll be following along.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
                *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
                *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Thanks for all of the welcome backs from everyone. I will admit I missed posting. At the heart I am a meathead like everyone else and can't talk training enough. Plus every time I text Rich about the gym I get naked selfies in return… awkward.

Weird work schedule this week and next because of the holiday's coming up. Will have to go in tomorrow early to speed pull before the hospital. Contemplated doing it today but I have to work up to at least 405 for some doubles and will likely add some chains. I want to get a quality session in without burning myself out so I hold off doing it today right after squatting yesterday.

Ate out with Jess, my parents and brother last night before a hockey game. Went to our favorite restaurant in the Arena District…

- deviled egg trio (pickled, onion, bacon)
                  - short rib flat bread w caramelized onions and fontina
                  - bacon cheeseburger with fried and french fries
                  - 2 blackberry bourbon smashes

http://thehamiltonkitchen.com

Stuffing my face while watching football to fuel up for tomorrow then dinner out for a friends birthday tonight.

Comment

Blackberry bourbon smash sounds awesome right now. Will you have to cut to 220 for the meet, or you just gonna let it ride?
                    2005 HOA Natural Classic
                    2006 OCB Midwest
                    2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                    2008 HOA Natural Classic
                    NPC Mid-Illinois
                    NPC Midwest Open
                    NPC Natural Grand Prix
                    2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                    USPA Illinois State
                    NGA Heart of America
                    NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Followwwwwingggggg
                      #docswholift
                      PGY-1 FM
                      "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

No cutting weight for me. I want to come in my biggest and strongest and hit my best lifts.

Speed pulls today. Hate early morning training but got it in before 11-23 in Heart/Vascular ICU. Interesting... Never worked there before.

conventional deadlift
                        405x2x3 sets
                        405+2 chains x2
                        405+4 chains x2

v handle pulldown
                        140x10
                        150x10x3 sets

Hammer iso low row
                        45x10x4 sets

decl sit up
                        25x15x3 sets

Was hoping for solid pulling despite being achey lately and training early. 405 moved very well and I was pleased so I added the chains. Took it easy on the assistance stuff and just got some blood moving.

Bench opener on Wednesday.

Comment

A solid bench day today.

Comp bench
                          340x2
                          365x1
                          380x1x2 sets

2 board
                          405x2
                          415x1

close grip floor press
                          225+4 chains x5
                          245+6 chains x5
                          275+6 chains x3

incl db flye
                          25x20
                          35x20
                          45x20

pressdowns
                          90x20x3 sets

ab wheel
                          15x3 sets

Will likely open with 360 and take a 385 second. The lifts looked a lot better than they felt. My left pec was a little tweaked and everything felt very heavy going down.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNdzPIdJdMI[/YOUTUBE]
                          [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_iiWTi5spI[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                            I miss posting here and logging here. Since the drama a lot of people have reached out and it made me miss the camaraderie even more. So I thought I would start this.

For those that don't know me. I'm an IM OG and was a mod here at one point. I joined back in 2004 while I was still in Iraq for the second time. That's actually where I got my first (then) True Protein order delivered. IM and the community here has been a part of my life since. I was a dumb, immature 22yr old when I came home and started posting. Now, 10 years later, I'm a dumb, only slightly more mature 32yr old. But I have learned a lot and shared a lot here. I made a number of good friends. Guys like Tony and Rich are even cooler in person than what you see here… Except Tony has herpes in real life.

So to cut this long story short…

I'm 32 and a former Marine grunt. I work full time as a firefighter, part time as a surgical ICU nurse, go to grad school for a Masters in Nursing, founded and run a non-profit for fight veterans suicide, have a beautiful wife who is a far better competitor than me, a Belgian Malinois as my best friend in the whole world and I lift weights for fun.
                            And since the Vegas trip, you now have herpes. You're welcome.

Btw, I'm still up in the air if I'm gonna follow this journal. I'll think about it. Lol

Also, "No Clever Title", is pretty clever.
                            2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Figured I'd post up my eating for today to give a sample training day diet. I am 227 and trying to get over the 230 mark. I don't want to call myself a hardgainer but I need to stay consistently on point with my eating or I just stagnant. I hate being so overly full but it is what it is. Lots of guys have to eat even more than me.

1- 6 whole eggs, 3oz meatloaf (left over from last night), cup of oatmeal with cinnamon, brown sugar splenda and a big handful of raisins
                              2- approx. 10oz cooked chicken from crockpot, approx. 1.5 cups white rice with honey drizzled over it
                              3- 1/2 cup cream of rice, 2tbs peanut butter, 2.5 scoops protein powder
                              pre- 2 scoops buzzsaw, 1tsp beta alanine, 1tbs creatine mono
                              intra- 2 scoops intra MD
                              post- 1 carton (4 cups) pasteurized egg whites with vanilla creamer, 2 pop tarts
                              4- approx 6 tacos w/10oz ground beef
                              5- 1.5 scoops protein powder, 1.5tbs peanut butter
                              during night- 1.5 scoops protein powder, 1.5tbs peanut butter

As you can see its not all that much food. Certainly places to add more. I make 1 shake before bed with 3 scoops protein and 3tbs peanut butter and drink half then and half when wake up to go to the bathroom. I sleep terribly if I have a full stomach.

Comment

Working...
                              X