Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood, Sweat and Iron - My DC log

Hey iron addicts!

I´ve been working out for 8 years and gained some decent strength for my bodyweight. I was, however, unable to bring my bodyweight above around 180-185 pounds @ 5´10.5 without excessive fat gains and every time I tried to push my current training maxes, my passive structures told me to take a break.
    This sucked. A lot. Especially since I started out with some pretty athletic bone/muscle structure and a couple of people in my old gym told me to gain some more muscle mass and compete in some local shows in the physique class. What can I say - volume training didn´t work and strength-oriented routines to reap the benefits of maxing out at the "big 3" didn´t bring me to the hypertrophy results I was looking for.

I gotta say I had to fight with insomnia, terrible stress levels and some other personal issues during the last 3-4 years that were definitely affecting my regeneration in a very bad way, but you can´t change the past and finally I pushed through the obstacles to start a new life in a big city (I am from Germany and moved to Berlin, a choice I do not regret).

I qualified myself for a master´s degree at one of the local universities and I am looking forward to a great future after all the s*** I had to go through.

Of course it´s a pity I wasted several years of training and things are not gonna be THAT easy, as I will turn 30 in February, but then again I look MUCH younger, I live in of the safest countries in the world and there is no way I should complain about life, so I´m just gonna learn from the mistakes I made, the wrong choices I took and strive for a perfect physique with the best program I could find after several months of research.

I around last summer I started to gain some experience with rest-pause programs such as Karsten Pfützenreuter´s PITT Force and Borge Fagerli´s Myo Reps which turned out to be a TERRIFIC change of pace. I could finally gain some pounds of muscle mass and made great strength gains.

My friends and former training partners always told me they admired my work tolerance and my will power to push through heavy workouts such as repeated singles with 90-95% max in big and juicy barbell lifts with <3 h of sleep for a whole week (my life was so out of control I literally couldn´t calm down, worst insomnia I could think of, heavy abuse of tranquilizers that didn´t work even at very high doses + caffeine abuse to prevent falling asleep or look like a zombie in the office). Needless to say my body couldn´t gain muscle at that period of my life, but I still could increase my strength at every exercise I trained. I had to fight shoulder problems since year 2 of my training career, my knees/elbows/back used to hurt, most probably as a result of my catastrophic regeneration. After I added some shoulder dislocations and drastically reduced the training volume with my first rest-pause training routines, most problems went away, even though I still gotta watch my shoulders (military presses are ok with 8+ RM, barbell/dumbbell bench presses with a wide grip are a big problem though)-

My training PRs at 180-185 pounds:

Squat: 308x8
    Romanian Deadlift: 336x8
    Rack Pull: 484x6
    Barbell Row: 229x6
    Chin-up: +72x6
    Overhead Press: 154x6
    Chest Dip: +139x3/+99x13
    Close-grip Bench Press (pretty new exercise): 198x7

My current look at around 15% bodyfat:

Hey iron addicts!

I´ve been working out for 8 years and gained some decent strength for my bodyweight. I was, however, unable to bring my bodyweight above around 180-185 pounds @ 5´10.5 without excessive fat gains and every time I tried to push my current training maxes, my passive structures told me to take a break.
    This sucked. A lot. Especially since I started out with some pretty athletic bone/muscle structure and a couple of people in my old gym told me to gain some more muscle mass and compete in some local shows in the physique class. What can I say - volume training didn´t work and strength-oriented routines to reap the benefits of maxing out at the "big 3" didn´t bring me to the hypertrophy results I was looking for.

I gotta say I had to fight with insomnia, terrible stress levels and some other personal issues during the last 3-4 years that were definitely affecting my regeneration in a very bad way, but you can´t change the past and finally I pushed through the obstacles to start a new life in a big city (I am from Germany and moved to Berlin, a choice I do not regret).

I qualified myself for a master´s degree at one of the local universities and I am looking forward to a great future after all the s*** I had to go through.

Of course it´s a pity I wasted several years of training and things are not gonna be THAT easy, as I will turn 30 in February, but then again I look MUCH younger, I live in of the safest countries in the world and there is no way I should complain about life, so I´m just gonna learn from the mistakes I made, the wrong choices I took and strive for a perfect physique with the best program I could find after several months of research.

I around last summer I started to gain some experience with rest-pause programs such as Karsten Pfützenreuter´s PITT Force and Borge Fagerli´s Myo Reps which turned out to be a TERRIFIC change of pace. I could finally gain some pounds of muscle mass and made great strength gains.

My friends and former training partners always told me they admired my work tolerance and my will power to push through heavy workouts such as repeated singles with 90-95% max in big and juicy barbell lifts with <3 h of sleep for a whole week (my life was so out of control I literally couldn´t calm down, worst insomnia I could think of, heavy abuse of tranquilizers that didn´t work even at very high doses + caffeine abuse to prevent falling asleep or look like a zombie in the office). Needless to say my body couldn´t gain muscle at that period of my life, but I still could increase my strength at every exercise I trained. I had to fight shoulder problems since year 2 of my training career, my knees/elbows/back used to hurt, most probably as a result of my catastrophic regeneration. After I added some shoulder dislocations and drastically reduced the training volume with my first rest-pause training routines, most problems went away, even though I still gotta watch my shoulders (military presses are ok with 8+ RM, barbell/dumbbell bench presses with a wide grip are a big problem though)-

My training PRs at 180-185 pounds:

Squat: 308x8
    Romanian Deadlift: 336x8
    Rack Pull: 484x6
    Barbell Row: 229x6
    Chin-up: +72x6
    Overhead Press: 154x6
    Chest Dip: +139x3/+99x13
    Close-grip Bench Press (pretty new exercise): 198x7
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Monsun; 10-04-2015, 04:49 PM.
    http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151004/qbpit24s.jpg

From what I can tell you wouldn't be half bad at physique!

Is this your first blast with DC?

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
    *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
    •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
    *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Following for sure!
      I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
      I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Thx guys!

Yeah, it's my first DC blast. However, I went through a couple of very similar RP routines and know how to handle 20 rep breathing squats and stuff like that.

Comment

This is the routine for my first blast:

A1
          13* Incline Smith Bench Press: 11-15 RP
          65* Smith Shoulder Press: 11-15 RP
          13* Close Grip Smith Bench Press: 11-15 RP
          Wide Overhand Grip Pulldown: 11-20 RP
          T-Bar Row: 8-12 + 5-8
          +2x15-20 Reverse Butterfly for rehab/prehab

B1:
          EZ Spider Curl: 15-20 RP
          Rope Cable Hammer Curl: 15-20 RP
          Seated Calf Raise: 10-12 slow & painful
          Smith Romanian Deadlift: 4x6 with increasing weights
          Reverse Hack Squat: 6-10 + 20 rep WM
          Cable Crunch: 20-30 RP

A2:
          13* Decline Smith Bench Press: 11-15 RP
          Machine Shoulder Press: 11-15 RP
          Triceps Dips: 11-15 RP
          Close Neutral Grip Pulldown: 11-20 RP
          Smith Bent-over Row: 8-12 + 5-8
          +2x15-20 45* Reverse Cable Fly for rehab/prehab

B2:
          EZ Drag Curl: 15-20 RP
          EZ Reverse Spider Curl: 15-20 RP
          45* Toe Press: 10-12 slow & painful
          Straight Leg Deadlift: 4x6 with increasing weights
          Front Squat: 6-10 + Smith Back Squat: 20 rep WM
          Hanging Leg Raise: 20-30 RP

A3:
          13* Dumbbell Bench Press: 20-30 RP
          Seated Barbell Shoulder Press: 11-15 RP
          13* Incline Reverse Close Grip Smith Bench Press: 11-15 RP (longest f***ing exercise title ever ^^ )
          Wide Overhand Grip Rack Pull-up: 11-20 RP
          Rack Pull below knee + 3-sec Shrug: 8-12 + 5-8
          +2x15-20 45* Dumbbell Reverse Fly for rehab/prehab

B3:
          Cable Curl: 15-20 RP
          Towel Pinwheel Curl: 15-20 RP
          Standing Calf Raise: 10-12 slow & painful
          Lying Leg Curls: 20-30 RP
          Back Squat: 6-10 + 45* Leg Press: 20 rep WM
          Decline Crunch: 20-30 RP

Comment