Elite Raw in Powerlifting then Onward to BB'ing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pumakrieg View Post
    I've actually worked there since 2010. I do!
    I have wanted to train there, for all the equipment they have, just haven't got around to it. I did take a tour of it though. I am going to hire schwab for a few sessions, so he can help me with my form on the 3 lifts. I can't train there all the time, just too far away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by -AJA14- View Post
      I have wanted to train there, for all the equipment they have, just haven't got around to it. I did take a tour of it though. I am going to hire schwab for a few sessions, so he can help me with my form on the 3 lifts. I can't train there all the time, just too far away from me.
      I look forward to meeting you then!

Comment

2/22/15

1s Week

Beltless Barbell Back Squat
        325x5
        365x3
        410x5 (1+, capped at 5)
        450x1 (Joker)
        475x1 (Joker)

Beltless Dead Squats
        5x305x5

GHRs
        +20x5
        +20x9
        +20x6
        +20x5
        +20x7

Notes: Really wanted 500 today but stopped at 475 because it wasn't there. I was caving over more than normal due to caughing out my air (sick). After a deload, I am going into 6 weeks (two cycles) with a belt. Dead squats will be changing to beltless paused squats (5 sets of 3). After this, I plan upon doing another 6 week block, this one with wraps included. My supplemental will probably then be three weeks of 5x1 beltless squats, followed by three weeks of 5x1 belted squats. In this way, both my main and supplemental exercise are becoming more specific in regards to my competition movement (wrapped, belted squat for heavy singles). In addition, the volume of my supplemental has been consistently decreasing with an increase in intensity (5x10 -> 5x5 -> 5x3 -> 5x1). I am hoping this allows for both greater CNS activation (heavier lifts) and a supercompensation effect due to the decrease in volume. Supercompensation will be optimized by reducing volume on my 531 squats three weeks out, followed by a decrease in intensity two weeks out, and finally, the final week will be taken off entirely. Thoughts?

Comment

^^ I'm no expert on any of that yet but I will be watching to see how it goes for you!
          "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
          ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
            ^^ I'm no expert on any of that yet but I will be watching to see how it goes for you!
            Thank you!

Comment

Rough Meet Prep Plan

Meet Prep Plan for Deadlifts

3/04 (12) = Belt 5's against OJ bands, 5x3 Beltless Conventional
              3/11 (11) = Belt 3's against OJ bands, 5x3 Beltless Conventional
              3/18 (10) = Belt 1's against OJ bands, 5x3 Beltless Conventional
              3/25 (9) = Belt 5's, 5x3 Beltless Sumo
              4/01 (8) = Belt 3's, 5x3 Beltless Sumo
              4/08 (7) = Belt 1's, 5x3 Beltless Sumo
              4/15 (6) = Deload
              4/22 (5) = Belt 5's, 5x1 Beltless Sumo
              4/29 (4) = Belt 3's, 5x1 Beltless Sumo
              5/06 (3) = Belt 1's, 8x1 Beltless Sumo (Intentional Overreach)
              5/13 (2) = Belt 1's, 2x1 Beltless Sumo (Reduction in Volume)
              5/20 (1) = Deload (Very light, Reduction in both Volume and Intensity)
              5/27 (0) = Meet

Meet Prep Plan for Squats

3/08 (12) = Belt 5's, 5x3 Beltless Paused
              3/15 (11) = Belt 3's, 5x3 Beltless Paused
              3/22 (10) = Belt 1's, 5x3 Beltless Paused
              3/29 (9) = Belt + Wraps 5's, 5x3 Beltless
              4/05 (8) = Belt + Wraps 3's, 5x3 Beltless
              4/12 (7) = Belt + Wraps 1's, 5x3 Beltless
              4/19 (6) = Deload
              4/26 (5) = Belt + Wraps 5's, 5x1 Belt
              5/03 (4) = Belt + Wraps 3's, 5x1 Belt
              5/10 (3) = Belt + Wraps 1's, 8x1 Belt (Intentional Overreach)
              5/17 (2) = Belt + Wraps 1's, 2x1 Belt (Reduction in Volume)
              5/24 (1) = Deload (Attempt Opener, Reduction in both Volume and Intensity)
              5/30 (0) = Meet

Meet Prep Plan for Bench

3/07 (12) = 1 Board Bench 5's, Dead Bench 8x1 (60%, 30 sec breaks)
              3/14 (11) = 1 Board Bench 3's, Dead Bench 8x1 (65%, 30 sec breaks)
              3/21 (10) = 1 Board Bench 1's, Dead Bench 6x1 (70%, 45 sec breaks)
              3/28 (9) = Bench 5's, Dead Bench 5x1 (75%, 90 sec breaks)
              4/04 (8) = Bench 3's, Dead Bench 5x1 (80%, 90 sec breaks)
              4/11 (7) = Bench 1's, Dead Bench 4x1 (70,75,80,84%, 120 sec breaks)
              4/18 (6) = Deload
              4/25 (5) = Bench 5's, CAT 8x65%x3, Dead Bench 3x1 (80,83,86%) = Overreach
              5/02 (4) = Bench 3's, CAT 8x75%x3 ,Dead Bench 3x1 (80, 84, 86%) = Overreach
              5/09 (3) = Bench 1's, CAT 8x75%x3 Dead Bench 4x1 (80, 85, 90%, 120 sec breaks) = Overreach
              5/16 (2) = Bench 1's (Reduction in Volume)
              5/23 (1) = Deload (Reduction in both Volume and Intensity)
              5/30 (0) = Meet

Comment

Aggravated my pec overhead pressing. It's felt perfect for the past eight weeks or so and then out of the blue, I strain it. I think I am going to look into a peptide protocol to try to heal up. Would prefer stuff with a longer half life so I don't have to be sticking my chest on a daily basis. Also, I can't store peptides in my fridge either so something like ghrp and cjc is out of question.

Comment

It's been three hours yet there isn't too much inflammation and bruising is nonexistent. I am wondering if it's a tendon issue because of reduced collagen synthesis. Might look into getting eq and running it long term; however, it's not going to give me the immediate results that peptides might. I don't know much about this, so I am open to all the input I can get.

Comment

Think the issue might be the bicep tie in/proximal end of the long head of the bicep tendon

Just been deloading this week. Start back up tomorrow with pulls.

Comment

4/15/15 (6.5 weeks out)

Sumo Deadlifts
                      465x3
                      510x3
                      570x0
                      5x495x1 (Beltless)
                      3x405x5 (Belted, Deficit)

Beltless Squats w/ band around knees
                      5x295x2

Cybex Row
                      210x12
                      230x10
                      2x210x12

Notes: Deadlifts have been rough on me late. I think I found out the hard way that doing a long cycle against bands wasn't the best idea. It probably did improve my lockout, which was my weak point, but now I'm extremely weak off the floor, weaker than I was prior to using bands. If I were to do something in the future, I would limit bands to 3-4 week blocks or add in straight weight pulls after. For now, I think I will continue to do deficit pulls as a supplemental and I will replace leg press with GHRs on squat day. Thoughts?

Comment

Notes: Had my bf % tested by this (http://www.inbodyusa.com/inbody770) today through my human anatomy course and it wasn't pretty. Came in at 21.7% @ 227 pounds, which gave me 178 lbs lbm. Looks like all the more reason to continue cutting, as that's a little too overweight for my liking.

Comment

Also worth noting is that my extracellular water came back as 37% of my total water weight, when normal is 20%. Pretty safe to say that I am a bloated MF'er?

Comment

4/18/15

CG Paused Bench
                            275x5
                            315x3

Paused Bench Medium Grip
                            275x1
                            315x1
                            335x1
                            350x1
                            3x315x1

Spoto Press
                            285x1
                            2x295x1

DB BP Feet Up
                            85'sx12
                            2x90'sx12

Seated Preacher Curls
                            2x90x9
                            1x90x10

Pull-ups
                            4x5

Notes: Very happy with 350 today. Had 15-20 pounds left in me, but wanted to play it safe. Unfortunately, found out my test is bunk. Friend who was running a gram of it got tested, and test came back at 1800 ng/dl the day after a 500 mg shot.

Comment

4/19/15

Barbell Squat
                              425x5 (belt)
                              485x3 (added 2.5m slingshots, not-self wrapped)
                              535x0

3 Second Paused Beltless Squats w/ Black Monster Mini around Knees
                              3x335x3

GHR
                              x10
                              +10x8
                              +20x8

Incline DB Chest Supported Rows
                              100'sx12
                              100'sx10
                              100'sx11

Notes: Disappointed I didn't get the 535, but it was doomed from the beginning. I had by far the worst unrack to date, catching one side on the hooks and windmilling with the other side as I tried to walk back with one side still in. I was very fortunate that I didn't fall especially since my mobility was very limited with wraps. Lost all semblance of upper back tightness and my stance was closer than desired, but after 15 seconds of fiddling around, I was starting to feel the weight on my back. Got it about halfway up thanks to the pop of the wraps, but upper back folded over about half-way up and I couldn't grind through it.

Comment

Working...
                              X