The PowerBuilder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PowerBuilder

(Tried to bump the old log but couldn't find it.)

After facing some adversities which put my out of comission for a while (including, but not limited to: a tumor, a car and a bike crash) I've returned after concluding I am indestructable

Let's get this show on the road.

Been working with Scott Stevenson (Homonunculus) for a couple of months now, never been this lean and this strong, while simultaneously being allowed to eat whatever the hell I want certain times during the day. May the Thunder Gods raise a palace in Scott's honor.

Let's bring out the guns.

http://i.imgur.com/cRyFOfV.jpg
    "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

A car *AND* a bike crash? Jeebus yo.
    #docswholift
    PGY-1 FM
    "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Posting Thrusday's training session to get this thread started.

Had to ditch Saturday's training because I had too little sleep, and I figure it was best to get some rest in rather than to have a bad day at the gym.

May 16, 2013

Close and low Leg Press

Not very close, this model of LP has a "V" cut into the lower end of the plate. Also hurt the living shit out of my left VL, might take a traditional stance in the future.

Warm-up sets:

450x10
      540x8
      630x6
      720x3
      810x3
      900x3

Work sets:

990x9
      a bit too high

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n4tl776FN0[/YOUTUBE]

990x8
      perfect

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAknX3-ngWQ[/YOUTUBE]

630x27
      widowmaker set, too light, could've gonne heavier

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jhLAxuF5WM[/YOUTUBE]

1 min stretch for each quad, starting with the left quad

Leg Press Calf press

Warm-up sets:
      180x10
      270x8
      360x6

Work sets:
      450x12
      500x8

For some reason my right calf kept getting more fired up than my left one, if this remains an issue might have to switch out this exercise. That "V" cut into the plate doesn't help either, makes me have to adjust my foot placement a lot.

2 min stretch calves

Seated Ham Curl

Lots of warm-ups because my hammies are prone to straining.
      Did some slow eccentrics, otherwise can't get any pump from this machine.

Warm-up sets:
      35x12
      45x10
      55x8
      60x6
      65x3

Work sets:
      75x17
      85x12

Lots of ham pain, the way it's supposed to be.

5 sets of 10 sec stretches for each ham
      My gym has funky ass machine for stretching hams. Works wonders.

7/10 training session. If it wasn't for the quad pain ( will need to check on this) and the general stress from college it would've been better.
      0001Delta
      Heavyweight Member
      Last edited by 0001Delta; 05-19-2013, 04:26 PM.
      "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post
        A car *AND* a bike crash? Jeebus yo.

Actually, two car crashes.

But on the first one I wasn't driving, so it doesn't count.

Comment

WB Delta. Nice LPing
          Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
          BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

Originally posted by Glyder View Post
            WB Delta. Nice LPing
            Thanks man

Comment

Good to see you back. You are looking lean. What are weighing right now?

I'll be following along.
              2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

I need to get some quality sleep asap. I can see I won't be doing anything productive today besides napping... so much for my study schedule, but at least I don't have to work today.

May 20, 2013

Decline Bench

warm-up sets
                160x10
                225x8
                275x6
                295x3

work-sets
                315x12
                335x10
                345x7

last set felt like shit and my wrists are hurting a lot

Pec-Dec widowmaker

warm-up
                100x10
                125x10
                135x10

Widowmaker set
                145x20 easy enough

Pec stretch

DB Laterals

warm-up
                25x12
                30x10

work-sets
                35x12
                40x10
                45x8

BO DB Lateral

Work-set
                30x20

Hate this exercise, can't get a nice groove on.

Smith BTN Pr.

warm-up

+90x12
                +115x10
                +160x8

work-sets
                +180x9

Cable Delt stretch

OV. machine ext.

warm-up
                100x12
                115x10
                125x8

work-sets
                stackx20

Need to talk to Homon about finding a different exercise for this day, maxed out on the stack very easily.

Tris stretch

Heavy Ab Day
                For today I used this machine called "Ab Coaster" or something like that and it's awesome. 3 sets of 12 with 40lbs.

6/10 day. Was tired and stressed and my pre-intra mix only make me sleepier. Had a monster energy before going to the gym but those don't help much. And my elbow sleeves kept cutting of circulation to my arms, besides filling up with air and making fart noises whenever I extended my arms. Annoying as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                  Good to see you back. You are looking lean. What are weighing right now?

I'll be following along.
                  Thanks man

Weighted in 99kg this morning (218lbs).

Comment

1 word: wrist wraps
                    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                    kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                      Not helping.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                        Technically that's 2 words :future:
                        Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
                        BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

Following along too!

Comment

Originally posted by jplahm View Post
                            Following along too!
                            Welcome to the log brosky

Comment

This week will be really shitty if I don't sleep soon. I eletrocuted myself on a circuit board during class. Woo.

May 21, 2013

Ez-Bar Curl
                              warm-ups
                              barx20
                              55x12
                              95x10

work sets
                              115x12
                              115x10

easy enough, more weight next week.

Ov. Cable conc. curl
                              warm-up
                              35x10
                              45x10

widowmaker set
                              55x22

Weird feel, but good pump.

Biceps stretch

Front Pulldown

Scott wrote me the HS Pulldown but they replaced the plate loaded model for a shitty selectorized version. The feel of the machine is completely different, it was a bitch to grip the pads (rubber thingy in the bar wasn't glued very well) and I maxed out the stack warming-up . No way.

Also not sure if the weight on the machine is written as KG or Lbs.

warm-up
                              135x8
                              145x6
                              155x3

work set
                              165x10x4x1 RP

Done with straps, first RP set felt easy, will add a got 20 pounds next week.

Yates Row

Lower back was feeling funny

warm-up
                              135x10
                              185x8
                              225x6
                              275x3

work sets
                              300x12
                              325x8

Horizontal and Vertical Lat stretch

Rev. Ez Bar curl, supersetted with weighted hangs for time

work-sets
                              95x15 // 1 min with 45 plate
                              110x10 // 23secs with 45 plate

Light abs day
                              Went back to the Ab Coaster machine and did 20 reps on each position with 25 lbs until I hit 100 reps.

Buuurrrnnn.
                              0001Delta
                              Heavyweight Member
                              Last edited by 0001Delta; 05-21-2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X