USPA Worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USPA Worlds

After talking with the wife, it seems that I will compete in the USPA WORLD's held this November in Las Vegas.

My last meet (USPA NATIONALS) I hit a 1,234 total (165 lbs.). I am hoping to hit 1,300 at worlds in November. Doing so means lifts as follows:

Squat:460
    Bench:320
    Dead:520

This means a lot of hard work and getting out of my comfort zone. But let's do it.

I am sitting at about a fat 172 right now.

Here is a pic from tonight.
    Attached Files
    TLopez
    Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 1260 total in the 165 class / ISOM Old School Winner December 2013
    Last edited by TLopez; 11-19-2014, 02:45 PM.
    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
    After talking with the wife, it seems that I will compete in the USPA WORLD's held this November in Las Vegas.

My last meet (USPA NATIONALS) I hit a 1,234 total (165 lbs.). I am hoping to hit 1,300 at worlds in November. Doing so means lifts as follows:

Squat:460
    Bench:320
    Dead:520

This means a lot of hard work and getting out of my comfort zone. But let's do it.

I am sitting at about a fat 172 right now.

Here is a pic from tonight.
    Good Luck Tony!!
    "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
    2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
    2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
    2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
    2002 NPC Western Carolina:
    2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Very cool T! Good luck to you...I will be around to harass and cajole you along the way :-)
      Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Good God you are such a weenur crying about being fat!

Don't make me drive to Vegas after dealing with 5150s for 12 hours straight and kick you in the damn ankles!

<3 You got this total BTW! :hugs:
        #docswholift
        PGY-1 FM
        "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Thanks V1 and Heckman.

Nexa, I am so heavy now that I may have a slight case of sleep apnea. My wife says I stop breathing and that she panics waiting for me to take in air. I told her to let go of my neck. Lol

Okay here is the plan. 18 weeks till World's. I will run Wendler's 5/3/1 for 6 weeks starting Monday. The last 12 weeks will be the BJ Whitehead routine from Josh Bryant's Metroflex Power-building E-book.

Comment

That's awesome! I'll be following.

When you say get out of your comfort zone, are you referring to putting on a lot of weight or just being so beat up from the training? (or anything else you don't mind sharing...mental aspects,etc)
            2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
            2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
            2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
            2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
            2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
            2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
              When you say get out of your comfort zone, are you referring to putting on a lot of weight or just being so beat up from the training? (or anything else you don't mind sharing...mental aspects,etc)
              All of the above actually. I thought I always wanted to be 180 or close to. But, I notice once I get above 170 I have trouble breathing when laying down. I get tired quickly and sweat like a pig. Remember, I am only 5'-3".

The heavy weights are physically exhausting and I am sore all the time.

Mentally, getting under heavy weight is sometimes difficult. I wonder to myself, "am I going to be able to come out of the hole on this sqaut. And if not, how am I going to dump the weight safely." My goal weights for the last meet are going to be working set weights on this routines when I get to heavy singles. So I need to get past the I hope I can, and get to I KNOW I can.

Comment

Stop squatting so deeply.
                Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                  Stop squatting so deeply.
                  During training? I received a red light on my first 2 squats at nationals. And I was way below parallel.

Comment

All of the above actually...

So I need to get past the I hope I can, and get to I KNOW I can.
                    I really appreciate that you posted so honestly. It makes me feel normal and encouraged to get out of my comfort zone too. You've got my vote.
                    2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
                    2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
                    2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
                    2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
                    2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
                    2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

During training? I received a red light on my first 2 squats at nationals. And I was way below parallel.
                      :shocked:
                      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                      kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
                        I really appreciate that you posted so honestly. It makes me feel normal and encouraged to get out of my comfort zone too. You've got my vote.
                        Thanks P13. Glad to see I'm not the only one with mental hick-ups. lol

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                        :shocked:
                        That was the look on my face too.

Comment

Alright, this week was used for setting my 1 RM's to start 5/3/1 on Monday.

Squat- 430 Hit this on Tuesday
                          Bench- 295 Hit this on Monday
                          Dead- 495- Hit this Today
                          OHP- I am going to do volume shoulder work. For some reason OHP's are hard on my back. Probably bad form. But to be honest, I just don't like 'em. To me they are like the cousin that comes to visit and wants to stay at your place. It's hard to say no for the first couple of times, but then you just say, "Get a Hotel! I don't like you!".
                          TLopez
                          Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 1260 total in the 165 class / ISOM Old School Winner December 2013
                          Last edited by TLopez; 08-01-2014, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Nexa, I am so heavy now that I may have a slight case of sleep apnea. My wife says I stop breathing and that she panics waiting for me to take in air. I told her to let go of my neck. Lol

Damn. I felt the same way being on the upper end of 150. Maybe it *is* time to cut down on the nighttime leftover splurge, eh?

Yeah the squat judging was kind of crappy, to say the least.
                            #docswholift
                            PGY-1 FM
                            "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post

Yeah the squat judging was kind of crappy, to say the least.
                              By far the most inconsistent judging I have ever seen. It differed from one lifter to the next, from one platform compared to the other, and one judge to the next. Had judges making calls that they couldn't even explain the rule as to why it was red lighted, then on the next lift say it was perfect even though it was identical to the last lift.

I really like Steve Dennison, but he needs to do a major overhaul with finding quality judges for big meets like this.
                              IG - smadayjr
                              YouTube -https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCWxyEfQCp1TVn6C7XO-lQ6g

Comment

Working...
                              X