Jen's journey to 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jen's journey to 40

soooo...been out of the bodybuilding scene for a bit. I decided to try a new side of training, power lifting! I have never had a personal trainer in my life but sought out one for this since its a bit new territory. I found a super qualified guy to assist me. started last week. I'll try and get in here a few times a week and post my workouts but forgive me if my day job gets in the way:

stats:
    125#
    first day of feeling out the weights - last week - edited numbers after getting these from my coach:
    squats - 215
    deads - 255
    bench - 140
    Looking to do a comp maybe after the first of the year.
    super excited to do this! lovin my new program
    Jen
    Intense Muscle Competitive Powerlifter 715 total in 125 weight class
    Last edited by Jen; 07-31-2014, 09:24 PM. Reason: numbers wrong per coach
    "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
    ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Originally posted by bankerbabe75 View Post
    soooo...been out of the bodybuilding scene for a bit. I decided to try a new side of training, power lifting! I have never had a personal trainer in my life but sought out one for this since its a bit new territory. I found a super qualified guy to assist me. started last week. I'll try and get in here a few times a week and post my workouts but forgive me if my day job gets in the way:

stats:
    125#
    first day of feeling out the weights - last week and I'll have to get my stats but somewhere around:
    squats - 195
    deads - 235
    bench - 125
    Looking to do a comp maybe after the first of the year.
    super excited to do this! lovin my new program
    Awesome, I compete in both as well, strained my pec and bicep prepping for a meet this week and had to pull out, it is a lot of fun though

Comment

Hell yes!! Awesome! Very glad to have you back in here.
      2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
      2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
      2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
      2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
      2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
      2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

trained with trainer today:

Squats - worked up to 5x175
        conventional floor deads - worked up to 5x200 (i think?)
        finished with leg press 3 sets of 12, hypers and abs

yes, I'm sore today
        "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."

Comment

Awesome!!!

You are going to love PL'ing. And those are great starting #'s. Especially for only weighing 125. Good luck on your adventure. I will be following along.
          2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Yay for Jen!!! That is awesome! Now get Sammy back in here :-)
            Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Im excited! if nothing else I'll get Sammy back in the gym to grab a few videos for me - ha!
              I think a bit of stretching / rolling / light cardio this am and chest this afternoon -

Comment

Originally posted by bankerbabe75 View Post
                Im excited! if nothing else I'll get Sammy back in the gym to grab a few videos for me - ha!
                I think a bit of stretching / rolling / light cardio this am and chest this afternoon -
                Something that has helped me, I've gotten away from a lot of foam rolling and start and end with the McGill Big 3; Bird Dogs, McGill Crunch, and Rolling Planks, also stir the pots and McGill Pull UPs

Comment

bench day - my weaker parts...
                  worked to 5x115? flat bench
                  worked to 6x95? - floor bench
                  3x12 DB flat bench
                  3x12 DB tri ext
                  100 banded flys
                  abs

Comment

edited my first day test numbers above per my coach, he wrote it down - I did not (clearly)

today was secondary leg day, calves, light cardio

Comment

Hey Jen, how tall are you? Do you plan to intentionally increase bodyweight to assist with strength gains or are you trying to stay in a certain weight class?
                      2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
                      2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
                      2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
                      2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
                      2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
                      2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

I'm 5'1/2" - super shorty!
                        I am not going to worry too much about weight classes for now, I don't mind gaining as long as its lean. I am guessing I will gain 5-10 during this process. It will be interesting to see how my body reacts for sure!

Comment

Reppin' the short crew! :club:

5'-3" here.
                          2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

^^
                            short rocks!

Comment

Yay short people!
                              #docswholift
                              PGY-1 FM
                              "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Working...
                              X