Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Into The Madness (mentalflex's chronicles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Into The Madness (mentalflex's chronicles)

Well.... never really had a training journal but I figured, why not at least log what left of this contest prep and maybe keep it going.

What you should know about me...I like to experiment and I like to push my limits...and I am definitely missing a few bolts in my head. I'll push my recovery to the extreme and sometime's I'll break from the template and kill a few more sets and/or exercises than prescribed

Now, let's get started.... I am into my contest prep and was originally just planning on hitting a show June 21, 2014 but my diet has been coming along nicely and it looks like I can do smaller warm-up show May 31, 2014....

Body weight was 141lbs this morning

My Training is basically a DC 3-Way with added exercises and/or sets done 6 days per week with 3 different workouts for each time I hit a set of bodyparts. It looks like this:

Day 1: Chest-shoulders-Tris
    Day 2: Bis-Forearms-Back width-Back Thickness
    Day 3: Calves-Hammies-Quads
    Day 4: Chest-shoulders-Tris
    Day 5: Bis-Forearms-Back width-Back Thickness
    Day 6: Calves-Hammies-Quads
    Day 7: Some cardio / rest
    Day 8: Repeat

My diet is as follows:

6:45AM: 30g Protein (whey / casein blend)
    8:00AM (at work): 280g (raw weight) chicken breast or 99% lean ground turkey + 100g avocado + 1 cup cooked asparagus / broccoli
    12:00PM: 280g (raw weight) chicken breast or 99% lean ground turkey+ 100g avocado + 1 cup cooked asparagus /broccoli
    3:30PM: 8oz 96% Lean Ground Beef (raw weight), large mixed green veggies or salad, 15 grams of fat from Mac Nut Oil or Coconut oil
    ALTERNATIVE: Shake with 50g Protein and 25g fat
    5:00PM: 20g whey isolate and 30 grams of carbs
    Training 5:45PM - 7:30PM: Intra - 20-30g pepto pro and 20 EAA's, 30g HBCDs
    Immediately After Training: 7:30PM: 30g protein from whey isolate and 50g carbs from karboload or rice crispies
    8:15PM: 8-9oz (raw weight) Lean Ground Turkey or Chicken breast , 1 cup cooked Jasmine White Rice
    10:15PM: 1 1/4 cup liquid egg whites , 1 whole cage-free eggs , 3oz 99% Lean Ground Turkey

I'll be logging my training here and here are pics current as of today... I hope you decide to follow along

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/7a3azuge.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/epymy5ys.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/ymyjyhy9.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/8edezyge.jpg
    Last edited by mentalflex; 05-04-2014, 11:14 AM.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

5/3/2014 - Legs

Today I basically had all all the time in the world to train so I broke from my normal training style and did quite a bit more volume.... You'll see this kind of thing with me. If I can kick my ass a little more, I will.

If I note that I did 2 RP sets, I'm only going to write down what I got on the first RP set.

A) Angled Calf Press - 3 sets pyramiding heavier then 1 DC style set
    B) Lying Leg Curls - Worked up to a heavy set of 12. Did 2 DC style Rest-pause sets in the 15-20RP range, 11+5+3 and did a thrid HIT set then I did one last drop set
    C) Leg Press - 4 heavy sets 10, 8, 6, 6 then 1 WM set and got 21 reps
    D) Bulgarian Split Squats - 4 sets of 12 on each leg
    E) BB SLDL - 4 sets of 10
    F) Freemotion V-Squat - Pyramided up 3 heavy sets 12, 10, 8 then one WM drop set, got 23 reps at the start and did 4 drops down the stack getting max reps

Had my PWO and stretched and then hit the stepper for 30 mins

Definitely an awesome leg session. I was beat the rest of the day... Love this stuff
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Nice journal..good luck on your shows.
      You look extremely thick .

DC has done you good ;-)

Do you like BCAA\EAA more than pepto-pro?
      Last edited by mister69; 05-04-2014, 10:50 AM.
      [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
      Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Into The Madness (mentalflex's chronicles)

Originally posted by mister69 View Post
        Nice journal..good luck on your shows.
        You look extremely thick .

DC has done you good ;-)

Do you like BCAA\EAA more than pepto-pro?

Shit, forgot to change that... That was a copy and paste from my old intra workout drink mix.

Right now I use 20-30g pepto pro depending on the day and add in 20g instantized EAA. The 20g EAAs is always the same but I vary the pepto pro and HBCDs...

Those numbers are ones I've just fallen on based on what allows me to recover. But I feel it gives adequate amino acids to each muscle trained... No science, just experimentation lol

Proof I love my pepto pro http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/8uny7y5a.jpg
        Last edited by mentalflex; 05-04-2014, 11:22 AM.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

LOL busted out laughing with the pic. :-)

None the less--looking great and thanks for the reply.
          [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
          Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Now all your secrets will be revealed. muwahaha

Sub'ed for sure.
            2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
              Now all your secrets will be revealed. muwahaha

Sub'ed for sure.

Awesome! Glad you are joining in! I wish I had secrets lol but all I have is consistency and bit of a twisted mind...

For what it's worth, if someone finds something I post cool or wants to learn about something more, I'll certainly share. Conversely, if someone calls me a moron while I am getting results, I'll kindly ask them to shove their foot up their ass, because I am about getting results and that's what matters. If I'm not getting results, well I need to rethink things, don't I?

I wish I was tired enough to sleep. I have a cardio session in about 5 hours... Joy

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Excuse me kind sir. Do you know the way to amarillo?
                You seem to be wearing a road map :/

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
                  Excuse me kind sir. Do you know the way to amarillo?
                  You seem to be wearing a road map :/

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
                  HAHAHA! And I just started my AM cardio... Day 1 today
                  ------------------------------------------------

5/5/2014

Hit my AM cardio... 30 minutes on the step mill. With the intensity of my training, I just think HIIT right now would be too much on my CNS. Let's see how this goes after a week and if needed we'll pick it up a notch and add in some HIIT until this first show.

I have chest, shoulders and tris after work As much as I love training legs, the pump I get with my chest, shoulder and tri sessions is just insane! Such an awesome feeling to be all full of blood and know you smoked your muscles!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

There it is!!!!!I will be following along..and I thought I was the only one who deviated from the plan?!lol!

Comment

Have you and your Fiancé picked a date yet?
                      2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by jplahm View Post
                        There it is!!!!!I will be following along..and I thought I was the only one who deviated from the plan?!lol!
                        If you follow along you'll see how I have a "plan" that I tend to expand on when I hit the gym lol Generally if I am amped up and in kill mode, I'll just beast out extra RP sets, throw in some drops.... etc.

For example, one thing I found to be an awesome way to really get a deep burn is to do a rest-pause drop set, or what I've been writing in my logbook, atomic drop sets lol.. Basically you start with one rest pause set (all three mini sets), drop the weight and do a second rest pause set (all three mini sets) and then a third rest-pause set (all three mini sets). There you have the rest-pause drop set or the newly coined term, atomic drop. I usally finish it off with a static at the end of some kind of super slow eccentric

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                        Have you and your Fiancé picked a date yet?
                        Yessir! May 30, 2015... we decided on a little longer engagement because she needs to find a job closer to home and we want to spend some time saving.

I really want her to get on here and post up her thoughts on dealing with me in contest prep. I know she tolerates it and is incredibly supportive, but some days I am just out of it... As much as I enjoy prep, it is going to be so nice to kick back with a bottle of wine...

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I am only going to list the first RP set when I say I do two RP sets. This is the set i use to determine whether I am progressing or not because the second set varies. it can be a drop set, rest-pause drop or completely different rep range with a different weight

5/5/14 PM - Chest, Shoulders and tris

H/S Decline bench (15-20RP) 2 RP sets 10+5+3, second was a RP drop set
                          Smith Incline Bench (15-20RP) 2 RP sets 9+4+2, second was lighter with very slow negative and wider grip
                          Waist High Cable X-over WM: Dide one WM set, rested 2 min then did a drop set down the stack

B/N Shoulder Press (11-15RP) 3 RP sets, 9+4+2, next one was at the same weight and third one was at a light weight
                          BB Upright Row (15-20RP) 2 RP sets 10+5+2, next one was at the same weight...nothing special
                          Machine laterals WM, did 1 WM set, then reduced the weight and did a second RP Set, dropped the weight and hit max reps, dropped again and hit max reps

Close Grip BB bench (15-20RP) 2 RP sets 10+5+2, second was a lighter weight with higher reps
                          Decline DB Extension (20-30RP) 2 RP sets, 14+6+3, seconds was the same weight
                          Overhead triceps Extension WM, did my WM set then rested about 90 seconds and did overhead extensions till failure, then dropped the weight and did triceps pressdowns to failure and then dropped the weight and did reverse pressdowns till failure. There was no rest between exercises.

Sick pump and felt great after... jasmine rice and mix of beef and chicken for PWO. delicious.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Wow. How long did that take?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by grammo13 View Post
                              Wow. How long did that take?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                              About an hour and a half, maybe a little longer... after I warm up each muscle group, I am pretty good to get right into the next exercise.

Right now, my training sessions are pretty killer. I'm at point where my focus is laser like and once I get in, I am going to crank and crank and crank until I get do another rep... It almost like a switch got flipped and now it is do or die.

And before you say, you won't recover... my bodyweight has gone up while getting leaner in the past 10 days... I went from 138lbs to 141lbs in the most recent pics

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
                              X