Herculeus Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herculeus Journal

This is going to be my personal logbook to help me keep track of my progress. I usually write down my logbook on my iPhone in the notes but I figured I would do it on here and post pictures and what not to see how I progress over the next year working with Skip. Already made a crazy transformation in a year and looking forward to adding more size.

Today is Thanksgiving, so Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Clocked in this morning at 191.8 lbs dry.

This is my week off so taking a cruise week from the gym and just going cardio. Did cardio on Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday for roughly 20 plus minutes. Got up late today on Thanksgiving and didnt do cardio. Kinda sucks to eat bad and not work out this week lol. Oh well, I will be going to the gym next week for my Week 1 Blast of Skips Training Protocol with new modifications to the program. Looking to continue to stay lean while adding size.

Happy thx giving... this journal is long over due...
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Happy thanksgiving to you as well LG1! How was your feast?

Yes it is long over due, I always wanted to do one but could never find it. Took me about 10 minutes to figure out where it was located .

Keep me posted on your training as well and if you switch over to Skips Protocol.

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
      Happy thx giving... this journal is long over due...

Comment

Sunday, December 1st, 2013

Clocked in this morning at 189.4 lbs. This is the LOWEST I have been for the past 3 months as I usually have been floating around 191-193. Not quite sure why as I ate a shitload of food on thanksgiving and the day after. I was very, very bloated and watery. However I also took the week off the gym and my off day diet consists of less calories then training days.

I am SUPER excited to get back into the gym tomorrow to hit chest, back and traps. I am so ready to kill it as this week off has been boring.

I will again be using Skips Training Protocol but will have modified it a bit to fit my needs for this blast.

First, I will be hitting chest first every workout when I do chest & back. I want to bring my chest up more as I feel it is dragging behind but did make improvements. The last couple blasts I had pre exhausted my chest every time and it was amazing. Now I will go 50/50 of where the first workout I will pre exhaust my chest and the next workout I will start with a heavy compound movement.

I also will be hitting calves 2-3 times a week now because these things have not moved a damn centimeter after putting on 17 lbs. I am going to hit them more frequently and train the soleus and gastrocnemius on separate days as well.

Cant wait to hit the gym tomorrow .

Oh and looks like I will be heading to New York for Physical Therapy School .

Comment

Originally posted by Herculeus View Post
          Sunday, December 1st, 2013

Clocked in this morning at 189.4 lbs. This is the LOWEST I have been for the past 3 months as I usually have been floating around 191-193. Not quite sure why as I ate a shitload of food on thanksgiving and the day after. I was very, very bloated and watery. However I also took the week off the gym and my off day diet consists of less calories then training days.

I am SUPER excited to get back into the gym tomorrow to hit chest, back and traps. I am so ready to kill it as this week off has been boring.

I will again be using Skips Training Protocol but will have modified it a bit to fit my needs for this blast.

First, I will be hitting chest first every workout when I do chest & back. I want to bring my chest up more as I feel it is dragging behind but did make improvements. The last couple blasts I had pre exhausted my chest every time and it was amazing. Now I will go 50/50 of where the first workout I will pre exhaust my chest and the next workout I will start with a heavy compound movement.

I also will be hitting calves 2-3 times a week now because these things have not moved a damn centimeter after putting on 17 lbs. I am going to hit them more frequently and train the soleus and gastrocnemius on separate days as well.

Cant wait to hit the gym tomorrow .

Oh and looks like I will be heading to New York for Physical Therapy School .
          Feast was superb! Where in NYC?

Comment

Oldwestbury.... The school is NYIT.

Comment

Long island? You should have some good gym choices out there.

Comment

Bev Francis Powerhouse Gym is like 10-15 minutes from me, the one where Kai trains at. I heard it is awesome and from the pics I have seen has all you need .

Long island? You should have some good gym choices out there.

Comment

Monday, December 2nd, 2013

Finally got back in the gym today after a cruise week. Clocked in this morning at 189.6 lbs so hopefully being back with workout diet and what not, I will get back to the weight I was fluctuating at. Gym session was decent, I forgot my pre workout, bcaa and muscle infusion at my house and that pissed me off and put me in a bad mood. But I was still able to kill the workout, strength seems to have fallen but I will have to see how it goes next week when I skipload on Sunday as I ate bad on Thanksgiving and the day after and not so much on skipload items.

This is what my workout looked like.

Week 1- Chest, Back & Traps

DB Flat
                  1. 100 x 10
                  2. 100 x 7

Incline Smith (Drop Set)
                  1. 185 x 12
                  2. 205 x 7

Machine Fly
                  1. 135 x 10
                  2. 125 x 8

Hammer Row (Drop Set)
                  1. 270 x 9
                  2. 270 x 9

Wide V Bar Low pulley
                  1. 120 x 10
                  2. 135 x 8

Lat Pulldown cable
                  1. 4 x 18
                  2. 5 x 15

Assisted Chins
                  1. 8 x 7
                  2. 9 x 6

Hammer Shrug (Drop Set)
                  1. 270 x 12
                  2. 270 x 10
                  Last edited by Petros; 12-03-2013, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013

189.2 lbs this morning.

I had planned to wake up early this morning around 9 to go kill some cardio but that didn't happen. My weight is still low so I need to talk to skip to reevaluate how much cardio I should be doing.

I feel like I have a little cold, hopefully I can fight it off, not sure if it's due to being colder now here in FL or what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw/read that's a great gym there. Several pros train there... Kai, Eugene Mishin, English etc.

BTW: when you write "drop-set", can you give an example of what it would look like for the weights you use? thx

Comment

Yes, I have heard the same. One of the girls who is currently in the DPT program says English is her buddy lol and her coach is some guy who does men's physique.

Yes of course I will do that, I forgot to add in the numbers as I was busy re racking weight for my gf as I trained with her.

For incline smith on the second set I did 205 x 7 then drop sets were 135 x 8 and 115 x 10-12.

For the hammer row the second set was 270 x 9 then drop sets were 180 x 7 and 90 x 8.

For traps I did the hammer trap machine and did 270 x 10 then 180 x 12 and 90 x 13.

I saw/read that's a great gym there. Several pros train there... Kai, Eugene Mishin, English etc.

BTW: when you write "drop-set", can you give an example of what it would look like for the weights you use? thx

Comment

Got back into West Palm Beach decided to tan then hit the gym and did that cardio I was suppose to do this morning

Deff fighting a cold

Comment

The drop sets is your own personal modification?

Comment

Skip and I talked about it and decided to change some things up on the training. I can do drop sets or rest pause etc but I do like the drop sets. Might alternate not sure. Chest is very sore and so are my biceps and back.

The drop sets is your own personal modification?

Comment

Working...
                              X