high fat, moderate protein, low carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high fat, moderate protein, low carb

Some good news, I tryed the high fat, moderate/high protein and low carb diet, and it works much better thant the low carbs, high protein, low fat diet!
    Energy levels are up all the time, never feeling weak, no hunger at all!
    Damn wish I try this before!
    Next week is competition, avator pic is from yesterday evening without warmup after cardio.
    Hope to do some dammage!
    Its not how good you are, but how good you want to be!
    Practise What You Preach!

Basically Dan Duchaines Bodyopus then?

I used the programme several times years ago and found energy was great for around 8 weeks into the diet then strength and energy would go down the crapper!

Do you mind typing out your current eating plan please?

Stew
    Some people are so afraid of dying they never actually start living.

Comment

Glad to hear. It's hard for people to pile down the fat and lower the protein alil. I think this is where many people fail. My morning coffee has coconut oil and butter, my wife thinks I'm nuts. Virus how many grams of protein are you eating. I usually stick with 1g per lb of bodyweigh then slowly take some out as my weight drops. Also are you eating any direct carbs? I sometimes see peopel eating a small bowl of oatmeal and to me that ruins the diet. My only carbs come from nuts or indirect carbs
      MachMood
      Banned
      Last edited by MachMood; 11-24-2013, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anabolic2k View Post
        Basically Dan Duchaines Bodyopus then?

I used the programme several times years ago and found energy was great for around 8 weeks into the diet then strength and energy would go down the crapper!

Do you mind typing out your current eating plan please?

Stew
        My diet is not each day the same, I mean protein is meat, fat fish, cottage sheese, eggs, tuna in oil, staek still baked in butter.
        Only carbs first meal in the morning.
        Meal 1
        50gr oats
        250gr qwark
        250gr cottage sheese

Meal 2, 3, 4 and 5
        300gr meat or chiken baked in butter, or 8 eggs, or 300gr fat fish
        Fruit or salade with oil

3l water, 1l coffee
        Multi vitamine, fat burner 3 x day
        Thats it! No protein from whey, caseinate, ...
        No hunger at all.
        Cardio each day 1h elyptic step or other
        theVirus
        Intense Muscle Competitor
        Last edited by theVirus; 11-24-2013, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Yes I know, there is some carbs in milk sources and fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by MachMood View Post
            Glad to hear. It's hard for people to pile down the fat and lower the protein alil. I think this is where many people fail. My morning coffee has coconut oil and butter, my wife thinks I'm nuts. Virus how many grams of protein are you eating. I usually stick with 1g per lb of bodyweigh then slowly take some out as my weight drops. Also are you eating any direct carbs? I sometimes see peopel eating a small bowl of oatmeal and to me that ruins the diet. My only carbs come from nuts or indirect carbs
            I keep the carbs in the morning becouse brains needs sugars to work good, and need fibers to digestion. Thats why I alsow keep the fruit (oranges) in.

Comment

One more day to go! This morning legs and abs full of veins!
              Morning meal, 30gr fibers, 50gr cottage sheese, sweetner.
              No need tot carb up at this moment, not flat at all. Starting with 50 minutes step,
              and after circuit training to warm up muscles, pumping them and becoming a good
              blood stream. After posing to see what happens.
              Proteins will go out this evening because they are not needed tomorrow to competing,
              and I replace them by neutral carbs and fats slightly.
              Water goes out this evening.

Comment

My legs this morning
                Attached Files

Comment

Those legs are sick. (that's a compliment)

Comment

Virus congrats! Very awesome results! Question: how hight is your daily fat consumption? Was it easier for you to drop weight this way instead of the low carb low fat hight prot approach? Do you carb up at all every x amount of days on this diet or no refeeds at all? Tyvm

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Davecat7272 View Post
                      Virus congrats! Very awesome results! Question: how hight is your daily fat consumption? Was it easier for you to drop weight this way instead of the low carb low fat hight prot approach? Do you carb up at all every x amount of days on this diet or no refeeds at all? Tyvm

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
                      If it was'nt a contest diet I think I wood have used the weekends to carb up and lower fat and proteins. I Will do this after a break of 10 days I take now after comepetition where I
                      taked 2e place after a former mister Universe 55lbs more heavy than I was.
                      My fat consumption will go up untill I get stronger when I feel no getting stronger anymore on DC. Easy it wasn't, after all it is competition diet, but faster and more efficiƫnt than
                      a carb diet.

Comment

what did your macros look like? i haven't done high fat/low carb in a while so im curious how yours looks like for cutting

Comment

All updates from now will be in the journal section because this is not longer contest prep.
                          journal>thevirusJOURNAL Training - Good -Progress -And more

Comment

Originally posted by drcrappants View Post
                            what did your macros look like? i haven't done high fat/low carb in a while so im curious how yours looks like for cutting
                            It was new for me so had to expiriment a lot, even now. In percentages something like
                            50proteins/40fat10carbs. In the week I will try to cut back the carbs to 5% over the week,
                            and the weekends loading up in carbs, low fat.
                            Cutting was the last week before contest almost zero carbs and a 70/30 ratio proteins/fat.
                            Only carbs from milk and some sheese.

Comment

Stay lean, get strong, build muscle, EAT FAT!!

Comment

Working...
                              X