Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

I have always kept a journal or log book but have never really ever posted into an online journal like this. I figure some community involvement, critique, and motivation can't hurt.

Little background on me. I started lifting in my late 20's. Mainly because I finally had some free time and a decent schedule to make an attempt at getting ripped to shredz in pursuit of the hawt abzzzz. That mentality was, well, a disaster. I didn't know shit about shit. 6,000 rpm in neutral was my lifting and diet philosophy. I didn't get serious with it until my early 30's. At this point I started to educate myself as much as I could. I have done several different programs in the last 9 years. From 5/3/1, MaxOT, WS4SKB, to standard BB splits and DC.

My goals have changed over the years and currently I have to real desire to step on a stage. If I were to change my mind in that department, it would most likely be a physique show. Who knows. Right now I want to get leaner and then stay there while building on it slowly. My body does not like being heavy. My heaviest while doing DC was 248 in Jan 11'. That was also when I felt the worst, was diagnosed with sleep apnea, and had shitty blood panels. In the spring of that same year is when I really started to deal with injuries and other aches and pains. Eventually I had issues with my traps (actually a clavicle issue but I feel it in my traps), my left shoulder, both elbows, stress fractures in my right forearm, damaged flexor in my left hand that controls movement to my pinky and ring finger, both hips, and my left knee. I won't get into all the diagnostic stuff and/or procedures to fix them but I still have issues with both hips (can's do much of anything that requires hip flexion), my left knee, and very rarely my elbows.

For the last several months I have been doing a Push/Pull setup with some Oly movements built in there and doing very little leg work, mostly stretching/mobility work and very light unilateral stuff. This week I have decided to go back to Skips Training Protocol and will be doing everything as it is laid out with exception to the leg day. I will follow it as it is written but it will be fairly light weight.

Current stats are:
    Height: 6' 1"
    Weight: 221
    BF%: No idea ~12-14% maybe
    Best Lifts: Not really relevant to my training philosophy these days but the big 3 were all over 400lbs.

Guess that's enough for now. Will start posting workouts and videos as I like to watch my lifts for a variety of reasons. Here goes......
    Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Good Luck... will follow along.
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Monday 11/11/2013
      BW: 223.2

Back/Chest/Traps
      2 Working sets per exercise *denotes working sets
      8-12 rep range

Hammer Strength Iso-Lat Pulldown
      70x15
      90x12
      115x10
      *135x11
      *150x10

Smith Bent-Over-Row
      135x10
      15x10
      *185x12
      *225x10

Seated V-Grip Pulley Row (Horizontal)
      140x10
      *170x10
      *180x9
      All reps with a deep lat stretch.

Nautilus Pullover Machine
      135x12
      *165x11
      *180x8

Incline BB Press
      95x15
      135x9
      155x6
      *175x9
      *185x8

Flat DB Alt Press
      50x10
      *70x10
      *75x10

Decline Smith Press
      135x10
      *185x11
      *205x10

SGHP
      *155x8x3

Being that this was the first day and not knowing exactly how long the workout would take, I felt rushed. Probably went through the motions just a little too quick. But it still took over an hour. Felt real good for the first 75% and then started to get a little queasy. Not sure why.
      Last edited by mateus; 11-13-2013, 05:15 PM.

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
        Good Luck... will follow along.
        Thanks LG! Appreciate it

Comment

Tuesday 11/12/13
          BW:221.5

Stretching/mobility/jumps

Spent the first 25 minutes doing nothing but stretching. Been using the limber 11 from DeFranco. If I try to do any jumps with out stretching then bad things happen. Between jumps I still foam roll and do some trigger point stuff with a lacrosse ball. Anyway, video below of my box jump. Getting some of that flexibility back

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSTZLE6j4eU[/YOUTUBE]
          Last edited by mateus; 11-13-2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Cool deal... Ill def support my fellow tennesseean
            I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
            I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
              Cool deal... Ill def support my fellow tennesseean
              Thanks DC!

Comment

What's the sghp? Good numbers brother... Stay healthy!!
                I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
                I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Snatch Grip High Pulls. The best trap movement EVER (for me).

Comment

Think this will be set to repeat for today's workout.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woAcXSMyCEw[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Wednesday 11/13/13
                      BW: 219

Legs today. Did not go too heavy at all. I tend to focus more on reps and other intensity techniques like 3-5 sec negatives, partials, etc. Just about all my quad movements will be unilateral, as will hamstring curls.

Seated Calf Raises (plate loaded)
                      45x20x2
                      70x15x2
                      *90x15
                      *100x14

Standing Calf Raises
                      95x20
                      115x10
                      *135x10
                      *175x10 (overall I felt very weak on these. Could not get peak contraction)

Seated Leg Press Unilateral
                      75x15
                      95x15
                      115x10
                      135x8
                      *155x15
                      *175x12 (Felt really good on these. Leg tremors were ridiculous though)

Seated Leg Extension Unilateral
                      40x12
                      60x12
                      70x12
                      *90x15
                      *115x13

Standing Leg Curl
                      20x15
                      25x15
                      30x12
                      *40x13
                      *40x13

ABZZZZZ 6 sets of 2 exercises.

Leg pick from after training today. I hate taking leg pics after training due to the fullness but I figured I would just throw one up as a benchmark going forward with the lighter weight higher reps.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by mateus; 11-13-2013, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Nice wheels!
                        2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by mateus View Post
                          Snatch Grip High Pulls. The best trap movement EVER (for me).
                          Snatch grip block pulls too. Love em

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                            Nice wheels!
                            Thanks Man! Laid the ground work a few years back. Now trying to see of I can keep it and maybe, just maybe, grow without having to use heavy weight.

Originally posted by RobbHensel View Post
                            Snatch grip block pulls too. Love em
                            Yup, power cleans too. But those are how I ended up straining the ligaments in my hand.

Comment

Guess who is going to sleep like a baby tonight? This guy!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X