Skipload Experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skipload Experiment

I am going to log my attempt at the Skipload experiment that was done a few months ago (3 hour Skiploads done when dropping a pound). I am around 10-12% bf and 190.5lbs and 36 years old. I want to get to 6-8% as we are going to Vegas in Dec and Cuba or Mexico in Feb. I will run a keto diet in between Skiploads and will load every 1/2 pound instead of every pound. I am also starting a new workout of 4-6 days per week (depending on schedule) of rotating a movements between 15, 10, and 5 reps for 3 sets. Today:

Bench (slight incline) 135lbsx15,15,12
    Behind the neck press 65lbsx15,15,12
    Lying tricep ext 20lbs (cambered, not sure of weight of bar) 15,15,15
    Front squats 95lbsx15,15,15
    Calf raise machine 110lbsx15,15,15

Sheesh, weaksauce, havent tried 15 reps in a while and it showed me who is boss. Gonna load tonight and have back, hams, traps, and biceps tomorrow.

Weight: 194.5

Had my first 3 hour load last night and am up 4lbs. Went pretty good, my wife and I went out for supper. The fat content overall was a bit high as we went to a greek place and I couldnt help myself. Then rented the new Star Trek and watched SNL. I have always been a fan of SNL but it wasnt very good last night losing so many cast members, hopefully it picks up.

I have changed my mind and am going to stay with a 3 day per week program of reverse pyramid training. I was having good results and there is no reason to changel. I will workout Monday and have playoffs today for flag football.

Comment

Weight-192lbs

Decline press 205lbsx6 185lbsx7
      Chins BW+15lbsx11 BW+5lbsx12
      Reverse fly machine 135lbsx12 115lbsx13
      OH Tri ext 65lbsx11 45lbsx12
      BB curl 80lbsx11 65lbsx12
      SLDL 250lbsx15 225lbsx16
      Leg press 570lbsx14 390lbsx15
      Calf press 110lbsx23 90lbsx24

Blah workout, pretty run down from playing 2 games of flag football yesterday, should have took the day off but got her in. Dropped 21/2lbs so I am thinking my next Skipload will probably be Tues or Wed.

Comment

Very interested in how this goes for you.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbHensel View Post
          Very interested in how this goes for you.
          Yes, it will be interesting to see how my body responds as I get leaner.

Comment

Weight- 190.5lbs

No training today, just some low intensity cardio. Loaded on Saturday and hit baseline today (Tues) so probably will be able to load tomorrow. I think it would have been sooner but the higher fat of my load on Sat I think held my weight up.

Going to watch Insidious 2 tonight. My wife loves these movies and I am usually watching them through my fingers.

Comment

Weight- 189.5lbs

No training today, I was going to workout today or tomorrow and figured tomorrow would be better with some carbs in me. So I load tonight as I am a full pound down from baseline.

Went and saw Insidious 2, good movie *spoiler* there will be a 3. We have a small theatre w/ only 2 screens, I think Prisoners is coming next which I am pumped to see. Have another flag football game tonight then that is it for the season I believe.

Comment

Weight- 194.5lbs

Decline bench press 205lbsx7 185lbsx8
                Tbar rows 90lbsx11 70lbsx12
                Incline DB press 75lbsx14 60lbsx15
                Chins BW+20lbsx9 BW+10lbsx10
                BTN Shoulder press 110lbsx7 95lbsx8
                Barbell curls 75lbsx11 55lbsx12
                Lying tricep ext 70lbsx9 50lbsx10

Pretty good session, took about a hour. Jammed my thumb which made it a little tougher to grip the bar but not thinking anything too serious. My carbload was good consisting of rice and pineapple, fro yo, cinn bread, and some cookies. I can tell I am getting leaner by the insomnia, never fails. Sometimes its better to be fat and satisfied bear.

Comment

Originally posted by smookey View Post
                  Weight- 194.5lbs

Decline bench press 205lbsx7 185lbsx8
                  Tbar rows 90lbsx11 70lbsx12
                  Incline DB press 75lbsx14 60lbsx15
                  Chins BW+20lbsx9 BW+10lbsx10
                  BTN Shoulder press 110lbsx7 95lbsx8
                  Barbell curls 75lbsx11 55lbsx12
                  Lying tricep ext 70lbsx9 50lbsx10

Pretty good session, took about a hour. Jammed my thumb which made it a little tougher to grip the bar but not thinking anything too serious. My carbload was good consisting of rice and pineapple, fro yo, cinn bread, and some cookies. I can tell I am getting leaner by the insomnia, never fails. Sometimes its better to be fat and satisfied bear.
                  See you're up 5lbs after the load also. I would think you'd sleep better the night of the load from the seratonin from the carbs. I'm zero carb now and having a hell of a time sleeping

Comment

Originally posted by RobbHensel View Post
                    See you're up 5lbs after the load also. I would think you'd sleep better the night of the load from the seratonin from the carbs. I'm zero carb now and having a hell of a time sleeping
                    You're right, I did sleep well last night with the carbs, I was commenting more on the previous nights. I am up 5 lbs but judging by my morning bathroom events I might already be at baseline lol.

Comment

You're right, I did sleep well last night with the carbs, I was commenting more on the previous nights. I am up 5 lbs but judging by my morning bathroom events I might already be at baseline lol.
                      LOL, gotcha. I always weigh before and after to see how much I drop lol.

Comment

Weight- 190.5lbs

No training today, just some low intensity cardio. Loaded on Saturday and hit baseline today (Tues) so probably will be able to load tomorrow. I think it would have been sooner but the higher fat of my load on Sat I think held my weight up.

Going to watch Insidious 2 tonight. My wife loves these movies and I am usually watching them through my fingers.
                        Not familiar with the particular Skipload plan your using but are you doing a SL every time your return back to base and no carbs in between the skip loads?
                        "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                        2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                        2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                        2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                        2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                        2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
                          Not familiar with the particular Skipload plan your using but are you doing a SL every time your return back to base and no carbs in between the skip loads?
                          Correct, I load upon every half pound lost with no carbs in between. Protein is actually kind of low as well and fats are jacked up quite high. I probably should not have attached Skips name to this as it is a bastardized version of what he did but the Skiploads are the same. If you look through Skips section there is a thread on the experiment.

Comment

Weight- 191.5lbs

No training today, just some light cardio. Down 3lbs and 2lbs from baseline. Not much going on this weekend, probably train on Sat and then struggle trying to put together a new bbq. It seems most of the pieces were made on a Friday when the workers didnt give a shit and wanted to go home as alot of the holes dont line up well.

Comment

Workout from yesterday-
                              Leg press 630lbsx11 540lbsx12
                              Leg curl 160lbsx13 145lbsx14
                              Leg ext 145lbsx14 130lbsx15
                              Calf press 150lbsx17 130lbsx18

Good session, quiet weekend, am excited for next weekend as I am going to a Sask Roughriders game with my wife and some friends. We usually do it once a year. Thank goodness its an afternoon game but its still gonna be cold. Saskatchewan is the Green Bay of Canada in fan support and weather.

Comment

Working...
                              X